The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New site staff and Mod, TresDias/Squall_of_SeeD (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=3342)

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

To be fair I think the point in that situation was that you are a mod and shouldn't be making such comments.
MODS CAN'T HAVE FUN

EXCUSE ME I HAVE TO GET BACK TO MY GRAY CUBICLE IN THE BASEMENT OF THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH AND HAVE A FEW SIPS OF MY INNER PARTY COFFEE

Mariketsu 11/09/2009 05:30 AM

late poast is late XP, anywayz, congrats on becoming Mod, Tres. Hope it goes well and we see you more often, um... Modding lolz. Wow i pick the wrong times to poast XD.

~ SoS

The Man 11/09/2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako Eyes (Post 182933)
You find me stating the obvious that we disagree...insulting?

I find you reducing my argument to a simple difference of opinion and disregarding the substance of that argument insulting.

Quote:

And we would've sacrificed our appointment of who we felt was more qualified and capable of doing the job.
And you still haven't exactly explained why he's more qualified and capable of doing the job. Apparently, it comes down to him knowing Japanese and having been a member of this forum for less than a month. And it's the latter qualification that got you into such trouble.

Quote:

And it's only a slap in the face to those who feel unwarranted entitlement to a position they were never promised in the first place.
I'm sorry but I think people who have been a member of this forum since the beginning of its history can be perfectly justified to feel more entitled to a position than someone who has less than 150 posts.

Quote:

Well that's your opinion, and I and the rest of us staff have to respectfully disagree.
You've yet to provide any justification for any disagreement though.

Quote:

That's an assessment of yours that isn't true, but okay. Thanks for the clarification.
Fine, then prove me wrong. Appoint someone to staff who's been a vocal critic of yours.

Ryushikaze 11/09/2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ⓐaron (Post 182932)
Perhaps you fail at making your facetiousness obvious then. Several other people I was speaking to didn't see it either.

Hence my clarification in the second post.

Quote:

Good, then I'm at a loss as to why you directly called them "blatant flames" in the first place, rather than saying "would be seen as blatant flames in other, stricter communities." A little bit of clarity goes a long way.
Because I was BEING FACETIOUS. It ruins the funny when I am trying to be facetious.

Quote:

I'm not seeing how a joking insinuation that someone may or may not have committed fellatio is an insult. It's a joke.
A joke. That tres gave head to get his position.
I see the humor less than you see the facetiousness.

Quote:

I haven't disagreed with any of that. In fact, I explicitly said exactly the same thing you said in another post. So perhaps you failed to discern my point.
That's not my point, though. My point, is that we're laid back, and you have a problem with that, but ALSO, that if we take any action, you ALSO have a problem with that. It's a lose lose scenario.

Quote:

Well I think it's easily solved. If you want me to make a serious diagnosis of where this place has gone I'll do it tomorrow, assuming I don't throw up in the morning again or something.
You do that.

The Man 11/09/2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Lange As Your Bartender (Post 182934)
The last time I was joking and said this I got into one of the biggest shitstorms of my entire stay here. I'm beginning to think that some of the people here are pretty selective over the stuff that gets their panties in knots.

There's a difference between implying someone might have sucked cock, and directly ordering them to suck cock after they have given you constructive criticism.

The Man 11/09/2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryushikaze (Post 182941)
Hence my clarification in the second post.

Because I was BEING FACETIOUS.

As I said, apparently it failed to get through. I apologise, but as I said, I was hardly alone in failing to read your facetiousness.

Quote:

A joke. That tres gave head to get his position.
I see the humor less than you see the facetiousness.
Do you think that Phobos literally meant to imply that Tres fellated the staff members? Because that's what I'm reading here.

Quote:

That's not my point, though. My point, is that we're laid back, and you have a problem with that, but ALSO, that if we take any action, you ALSO have a problem with that. It's a lose lose scenario.
I have a problem with the inconsistency. But you're wrong, I don't have a problem with you being laid back. I wish you were more laid back to be honest. Slightly risqué comments don't need to get form letter warnings.

Quote:

You do that.
k

Dashell 11/09/2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Lange As Your Bartender (Post 182938)
MODS CAN'T HAVE FUN

EXCUSE ME I HAVE TO GET BACK TO MY GRAY CUBICLE IN THE BASEMENT OF THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH AND HAVE A FEW SIPS OF MY INNER PARTY COFFEE

Of course you can joke, anyone can, but you should make it clear you're joking. IIRC there was a huge argument as to whether or not you were joking. I'm not saying the shit storm was justified, in fact it was one of the stranger ones that have come up here, but wasn't the point that people didn't know you were joking?

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ⓐaron (Post 182940)
I find you reducing my argument to a simple difference of opinion and disregarding the substance of that argument insulting.

It's not an insult. I don't find you stupid, or anything negative. But you seem to feel personally invested and quite angry over how we chose him for our reasons, versus another member, for your reasons. Not really a reduction, but an observation. But that's fine, it wasn't meant to be insulting at all.

Quote:

And you still haven't exactly explained why he's more qualified and capable of doing the job. Apparently, it comes down to him knowing Japanese and having been a member of this forum for less than a month. And it's the latter qualification that got you into such trouble.
He's more qualified because he fulfills our requirements that we wanted and were looking for, and we were the ones making the choice. And the fact he's a new face in the community is essentially what we want. I'm sorry that people didn't like that, but again, this isn't a popularity contest, and we didn't have any one else promised the position or entitled to it.

Quote:

I'm sorry but I think people who have been a member of this forum since the beginning of its history can be perfectly justified to feel more entitled to a position than someone who has less than 150 posts.
Well again, that's where I disagree. I don't think that necessarily makes one more entitled than anyone else who's good for the job. We're not about just adding the olde ones to staff. It takes a good balance of old and new members to offer ideas and perspectives. That goes for lots of things in real life too.

Quote:

You've yet to provide any justification for any disagreement though.
Justification? Isn't a matter of perspective enough?

Quote:

Fine, then prove me wrong. Appoint someone to staff who's been a vocal critic of yours.
We added someone new so that they could give us fresh ideas, critiques, and opinions on how things are done here, and what can and shouldn't be done. If we have an open position again or we start looking to expand, we'll definitely give all members an equal look to see who's qualified. But umm, at this very moment we're not going to add someone to staff now, just to win an argument with you here. That'd be a bit silly.

Marauder 11/09/2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ⓐaron (Post 182942)
There's a difference between implying someone might have sucked cock, and directly ordering them to suck cock after they have given you constructive criticism.

In the words of Dacon, it is a metaphor for brown nosing.
And obviously, he was totally there sucking each one of them off. Maybe that's why they don't see the metaphor.

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 05:37 AM

Quote:

There's a difference between implying someone might have sucked cock, and directly ordering them to suck cock.
Oh sweet Lord you have to be kidding me. I forgot jokes can't come in the form of 'direct orders.' They're mutually exclusive.

You know what, this is how I feel about the whole thing. I've said my piece about Tres, but here's the thing in general.

If you don't like it here, how its run, or how the Staff does things to the point of finding fault in almost everything that's done, you are always welcome to leave. I just don't get it. I can understand say, Celes having a problem with something here or there (because she doesn't constantly complain), but members like Aaron find fault in almost everything that goes on here.

Why do you stay here? Honestly if I were in you guys shoes (and I have been, in other communities) I would have left, regardless of how much I 'said I liked this place' a long time ago. I just don't understand. Don't you have anything else better to do than to stick around a place where you have major, constant fundamental issues with how its run, the Staff, and the community and tap tap tap away back and forth on your keyboard into the night (fruitlessly)? A job? School? Friends? A significant other? A dog?

The Man 11/09/2009 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryushikaze (Post 182935)
Aaron, at this point, I have to say, it really feels like you're misunderstanding things on purpose just so you can get up in arms. That's the only way your misunderstanding and overblowing of a very simple analogy makes sense.

I'm sorry but when I see people compare themselves to cops, alarm bells go off. A long term member who gets a warning from a member with a join date of September 2009 is going to brush it off a lot more than they would from someone with a join date of January 2009. I fail to see how that's not a serious drawback to the selection.

The Man 11/09/2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Lange As Your Bartender (Post 182948)
Oh sweet Lord you have to be kidding me. I forgot jokes can't come in the form of 'direct orders.' They're mutually exclusive.

The problem here was that no one knew you were joking. The fact that you said it as a direct response to a very serious piece of constructive criticism did not help your case in the slightest.

Quote:

You know what, this is how I feel about the whole thing. I've said my piece about Tres, but here's the thing in general.

If you don't like it here, how its run, or how the Staff does things to the point of finding fault in almost everything that's done, you are always welcome to leave. I just don't get it. I can understand say, Celes having a problem with something here or there (because she doesn't constantly complain), but members like Aaron find fault in almost everything that goes on here.

Why do you stay here? Honestly if I were in you guys shoes (and I have been, in other communities) I would have left, regardless of how much I 'said I liked this place' a long time ago. I just don't understand. Don't you have anything else better to do than to stick around a place where you have major, constant fundamental issues with how its run and tap tap tap away back and forth on your keyboard into the night (fruitlessly), the Staff, and the community? A job? School? Friends? A significant other? A dog?
Cry moar.

I stay because, apart from certain staff members, I like most of the people here. I've known a lot of the people who post here for four years or more.

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ⓐaron (Post 182949)
I'm sorry but when I see people compare themselves to cops, alarm bells go off. A long term member who gets a warning from a member with a join date of September 2009 is going to brush it off.

I honestly didn't think my simple analogy to cops enforcing societal rules would be that much of a problem. So sorry if it came off that way. It was just the first thing to come to mind since I saw a cop earlier today while driving home, writing a guy a ticket.

Anyways, a member shouldn't even do that, unless the staffer was acting like a complete bastard, or warning them out of a personal vendetta.

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

The fact that you said it as a direct response to a very serious piece of constructive criticism did not help your case in the slightest.
Demanding money from me and 'criticizing' me when I obviously don't deliver is constructive criticism. Okay!

Quote:

Cry moar.

I stay because, apart from certain staff members, I like most of the people here. I've known a lot of the people who post here for four years or more.
You don't act like it. You bitch and whine about the community, the Staff, 'how this place is run' 'the state of things' here constantly and consistently. It's not like you have the occasional issue about things or whatever. You complain and argue for the sake of complaining and arguing. Why don't you pack your e-bags and leave? And no, I'm not saying (or demanding, in any way) this as a mod. I'd tell you this even if I just joined this place or if I was a regular member. I don't understand this. Don't you have anything better to do, Aaron? Don't you?

Dashell 11/09/2009 05:45 AM

Just to defend myself here...

My point was that I generally do hold mods to a higher standard myself. So if a mod says "Suck my dick" vs a member saying "suck my cock." (AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING YES I KNOW THOSE WERE NOT THE EXACT QUOTES) I can see why people would be more upset about the mod saying it, joking or not. But I was NOT attacking Mog here, I mean come on I've said in the past I'm sick of all the persecution of Mog.

That's all I was trying to say, sorry if I offended anyone.