The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New site staff and Mod, TresDias/Squall_of_SeeD (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=3342)

Cat Rage Room 11/08/2009 02:42 AM

Well, uh

that's how it is

I'm not exactly sure what else to say. At this point it's not even ME (TLS's favorite scapegoat!) enacting my will or whatever. That's just the general sentiment of Staff at this point in time. I say this as a member, not as Staff, but if you don't like the way it's going, no one is forcing you to stay here. I would have been left if I were some of you guys, honestly.

Max Payne 11/08/2009 02:43 AM

Lol predictability.

The fact that people argue these points at all should tell you monkeys that there's something here that they like that makes them WANT to stay.

But hey you want to drive people off that's cool.

Cat Rage Room 11/08/2009 02:44 AM

gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet

Alex 11/08/2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

(TLS's favorite scapegoat!)
Oh dude get over yourself. Even if it was true, that attitude is boring as hell.

EDIT:
Quote:

gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet
Yeah, hows that attitude been working out for the site's activity lately bro? :monster:

Max Payne 11/08/2009 02:46 AM

Gotta have eggs to make an omelet.

Cat Rage Room 11/08/2009 02:47 AM

Quote:

Oh dude get over yourself. Even if it was true, that attitude is boring as hell.
eh maybe

Quote:

Gotta have eggs to make an omelet.
We have 30 active eggs a day.

Max Payne 11/08/2009 02:52 AM

The site has taken a huge hit in activity in recent months, but I don't suppose anyone here has anything to do with that huh?

Even the contest Mako and Alex came up with has done fuck all to boost activity significantly, and Mako has had to resort to hassling people to finish their fucking entries.

Also lol 30.

Cat Rage Room 11/08/2009 02:56 AM

Well, to be honest, like I said, I was just throwing out my own personal thoughts. None of this is really because "IT'S WHAT I WANT". Honestly I have been kinda disconnected with the going on's over the past while because of offline business, so I generally keep to just moderating and discussing ideas.

Max Payne 11/08/2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

None of this is really because "IT'S WHAT I WANT". Honestly I have been kinda disconnected with the going on's over the past while because of offline business, so I generally keep to just moderating and discussing ideas.
Then what is the point of you interjecting yourself as the center of attention and contention then?

ForceStealer 11/08/2009 03:04 AM

Holy crap, if the focus of this site was blowing things out of proportion we'd be the most successful internet concoction this side of facebook.

Is this really that big of a deal? He wasn't appointed the leader of a nation, he was made a mod on a goddamn FF message board. Is there really a long list of credentials and rigorous training necessary for such a position? Especially considering he's simply replacing someone who never freaking posted will anything have been lost?

Considering he's been pretty damn active since he joined to inform the people who don't actually visit the compilation sections, I submit he'll add a great deal. I'm sure he'll be better than I am, I admit I'm not a spectacular mod. I just seem to not piss people off so I'm mostly overlooked.

But if everyone needs a Bex on staff I say you replace me, not him, as he has the ability to contribute much more, I would wager.

Cat Rage Room 11/08/2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Then what is the point of you interjecting yourself as the center of attention and contention then?
I honestly didn't mean to, man! I was just giving my thoughts and being representative of the view the Staff (including me) discussed when we were deciding on his ascension to mod. Ah well!

With that said I'm going to play some Left 4 Dead!

Max Payne 11/08/2009 03:07 AM

I've said my piece, if people are just going to come up with some bullshit about how things are being blown out of proportion instead of answering a simple legitimate question, then it probably is best if I leave. Instead I get hysterics opposed to an actual answer which would put the matter to bed easily enough.

Tbh this site has waned for a while now, and with staff having become more and more complacent regarding co-action with members, I find it mostly distasteful.

I mean really, it's such a big deal that I want to know what makes this guy suitable for being a super moderator, as opposed to just being site staff, which seems to be his main focus anyway?

Vendel 11/08/2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole Train (Post 182583)
I mean really, it's such a big deal that I want to know what makes this guy suitable for being a super moderator, as opposed to just being site staff, which seems to be his main focus anyway?

Epically when you have a perfectly good Vendel lying around not being used.

Alex 11/08/2009 03:17 AM

Send staff another PM imo. they might just let you join up now.

Max Payne 11/08/2009 03:17 AM

Goddamnit, I laughed.