The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Question about Genesis and Tifa (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=19996)

demonwolf 09/16/2017 12:11 AM

Question about Genesis and Tifa

I'm shaky on Crisis Core knowledge so, um...have these two ever met? Does she even know he existed at one point? I know there's a ship for them so I wonder.

ChipNoir 09/16/2017 12:13 AM

I only remember reading that Genesis copies attack Tifa and Cloud at the reactor, but I'm shaky on those details.

f a n c y 09/16/2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonwolf (Post 762383)
I know there's a ship for them so I wonder.

That's 'cause my girl Tifa is a Launcher of a Thousand Ships :P

demonwolf 09/16/2017 12:39 AM

Hmm, I'm a little lost as to where that fits in the timeline. Do you mean the Nibelheim reactor? Do Cloud and Tifa meet at another reactor?...Wait...

demonwolf 09/16/2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FancySycamoreTree (Post 762387)
Quote:

Originally Posted by demonwolf (Post 762383)
I know there's a ship for them so I wonder.

That's 'cause my girl Tifa is Launcher of a Thousand Ships :P

I agree. I mean she's really shippable (that a word?). Still I'm that traditional shipper who requires minimum contact in the orignal work to go "Oh yeah I can see that."

Tashasaurous 09/16/2017 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonwolf (Post 762389)
Hmm, I'm a little lost as to where that fits in the timeline. Do you mean the Nibelheim reactor? Do Cloud and Tifa meet at another reactor?...Wait...

Tifa's been completely unaware that Cloud was there up until the events of FFVII. But no, they only met again at the Nibelheim Mako Reactor, but only Cloud(and Zack and Sephiroth) was aware at the time.

But I don't think Tifa has fully met Genesis. A brief look, probably, but I doubt she even knew about him at all. She doesn't even know his name.

The Twilight Mexican 09/16/2017 01:13 AM

Yeah, Cloud would know who he is, and has been in the same room with him, but Tifa may have only ever seen some of his copies.

demonwolf 09/16/2017 01:43 AM

Thanks everyone, I really needed to know that.

Another question, how is Genesis still alive at the end of DoC? I read the wiki but am still unclear on how he survived in CC as well as what he did during DoC. Call me dumb.

Also I don't know where I read it but was Genesis saved by Minerva? Was that canon or fanon?

...It appals me that I intend to write him into my story with how little I know about him.

Tashasaurous 09/16/2017 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonwolf (Post 762399)
Thanks everyone, I really needed to know that.

Another question, how is Genesis still alive at the end of DoC? I read the wiki but am still unclear on how he survived in CC as well as what he did during DoC. Call me dumb.

Also I don't know where I read it but was Genesis saved by Minerva? Was that canon or fanon?

...It appals me that I intend to write him into my story with how little I know about him.

(SPOILER) Given the reports found by Vincent/the Player in DoC and Weiss and Nero making a cameo appearence in the near ending of Crisis Core, he was offered to join Deepground but declined, and instead chose to sleep for the next 3/4 years.

My question is what Genesis intends to do with Weiss's dead body, but Square Enix won't answer that.

demonwolf 09/16/2017 02:30 AM

.......Maybe Weiss isn't dead the way Sephiroth will never be? And then Genesis can offer him to join Genesis on whatever endeavour he seeks to accomplish by sleeping that whole time.

I'm more concerned about where he goes after disappearing with Weiss's body. Back to sleep? Where has he been sleeping? How did he know to wake up? When did he wake up? What is his motivation at this point? What was his motivation for going to sleep in the first place? Oh my god should I just make an OC and ignore his existence?

Tashasaurous 09/16/2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonwolf (Post 762403)
.......Maybe Weiss isn't dead the way Sephiroth will never be? And then Genesis can offer him to join Genesis on whatever endeavour he seeks to accomplish by sleeping that whole time.

I'm more concerned about where he goes after disappearing with Weiss's body. Back to sleep? Where has he been sleeping? How did he know to wake up? When did he wake up? What is his motivation at this point? What was his motivation for going to sleep in the first place? Oh my god should I just make an OC and ignore his existence?

Apparently so far in the Crisis Core Ultimita or whatever the magazine's called, the only thing we know is that Genesis woke up to protect the planet. He's been sleeping underneath Midgar.

Plus, with Jenova cells and such inside him, it allowed him with inhuman abilities similiar to Sephiroth.

I think him going to sleep is kinda similiar to what Vincent went through for 30 years.

There's a Final Fantasy VII fanfic called "The Planet's Enemy" set after Dirge of Cerberus if you want to have a read to that.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5454968...Planet-s-Enemy

I'm also an authoress on the Fanfiction.Net website and working on a series of crossovers and had something completely different with Genesis if you're interested, if you kinda like this sort of thing.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1123315...-of-Nightmares

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1163996...ts-Crisis-Core

If these two are not appealing, then "The Planet's Enemy" is the next best thing.

LicoriceAllsorts 09/16/2017 07:15 AM

How is Genesis still alive? He sought the Goddess and she gave him the gift he wanted - the gift of healing. They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. What an irony that should have been living underneath Banora all that time!

But seriously, if I were writing a fic about that I would assume that she, whatever she is, doesn't have a fixed form or exist in a fixed place. His faith drew her to where he was. She appeared to him in the form he'd imagined for her. She healed him because she didn't know what a major asshole he was.

Before he fought Zack and she appeared, Genesis was degrading, and after she intervened, he was healed, so yes, I think we can assume she, or the Planet, intervened to heal him, which is just really weird when you think about it. He's full of alien DNA.

demonwolf 09/16/2017 07:54 AM

Thanks Tashasaurous, that cleared up a lot for me. Especially since word of god said Genesis wants to protect the world. I think I'm heading in the right direction.

I was reading the first few chapters of your fic and it seemed to be very elaborate. You were clear enough with your narration but since I don't know the other fandoms that you were crossing FF7 with very well (or much at all), I still had trouble following the story. I don't think I'll be continuing them, but regardless, thank you for writing the story. You've clearly put a lot of effort into the story
, and that's something I can definitely respect in an author.

demonwolf 09/16/2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LicoriceAllsorts (Post 762416)

Before he fought Zack and she appeared, Genesis was degrading, and after she intervened, he was healed, so yes, I think we can assume she, or the Planet, intervened to heal him, which is just really weird when you think about it. He's full of alien DNA.

Yes this is a really big problem for me right now. I need to play with it somehow to make my storyline work.

But thanks for clarifying that it's at least marginally canon that Minerva had something to do with Genesis surviving. I was afraid I dreamt up that piece of info somehow. I feel like I've been having more and more trouble recalling where I've seen an info.

LicoriceAllsorts 09/16/2017 08:41 AM

I'm not sure what the canon is regarding the geostigma cure - whether Aerith's rain cleanses the infected of Jenova's taint, and whether that taint is due to them actually having been infected with her DNA or something else, something intangible, her essence or malevolence or whatever. But I suppose it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Minerva, being the embodiment of the Planet, simply expunged all the Jenova DNA from Genesis' body, or did something else that rendered it inactive or harmless, thus restoring him to wholeness. But if this were the case, then he'd be useless to the Deepground Project. Maybe Shinra recovered him, realised he was useless, and dumped him somewhere deep under Midgar, where he either went to sleep or continued to sleep.

The OG starts only a few weeks after Genesis is cured in Banora and recovered by Shinra - possibly even only a week later or a few days, depending on how long it takes Zack to get to Midgar and how much time elapses between his death and the first bombing raid. So it seems as if Shinra wouldn't have had a huge amount of time to examine their recovered asset before the President was killed and Hojo fled and everything started falling into chaos.

That's just my two cents. The thing about fanfic is you can do whatever you like with it.