The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Gaming (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=1237)

Super Mario 04/28/2009 08:44 AM

But I like his colour though. Him and Knuckles remain my consistent faves. : (
I hear they're going with an RPG shit now in the DS. fffffuck.

Tetsujin 04/28/2009 10:06 AM

Also, I was playing Sonic Unleashed on PS2, and there were a shitload of tutorial levels for like, every single action. The first tutorial level literally told you just how to jump. "Press Blah to jump" so you had to jump over like, 3 stairs or something and the level was over. The loading time for those sort of tutorials was longer than the levels themselves.

For fucks sake, I didn't need a shitty tutorial level back in the 16-bit times JUST TO TELL ME HOW TO JUMP.
Back then it was like, you put the game in and then you play. Simple and easy. But fun.

The new stuff....just fails. Seriously, I want them to pull a Capcom and release a new game over PSN, WiiWare etc and do it retro-style. Mega Drive graphics and gameplay ftw!

Cloudskye 04/28/2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelesChere (Post 61021)
I LOVE Sonic, both the old game, and the old show. The new games and shows are just retarded. I hate Shadow, and Silver, and all those other new characters. D<

Amy is also fucking annoying. What about Sally?! D=

Sonic and Shadow are epic. But Tails is better. And the shows ARE gay.

Amy is annoying.

Alex 04/28/2009 12:20 PM

The only thing epic about Shadow is his epic lame.

Super Mario 04/28/2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetsujin (Post 61569)
Also, I was playing Sonic Unleashed on PS2, and there were a shitload of tutorial levels for like, every single action. The first tutorial level literally told you just how to jump. "Press Blah to jump" so you had to jump over like, 3 stairs or something and the level was over. The loading time for those sort of tutorials was longer than the levels themselves.

For fucks sake, I didn't need a shitty tutorial level back in the 16-bit times JUST TO TELL ME HOW TO JUMP.
Back then it was like, you put the game in and then you play. Simple and easy. But fun.

The new stuff....just fails. Seriously, I want them to pull a Capcom and release a new game over PSN, WiiWare etc and do it retro-style. Mega Drive graphics and gameplay ftw!

only thing annoying about Unleashed is that newbie, christ what a fag.

ForceStealer 04/28/2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

That would be fun and all, but still want a good 3D one. Give me a game of all Sonic Unleashed speed levels, because they were really really good.

firehahahahahaha 04/28/2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Why would you get the PS2 version? it's terrible.

And has anyone gotten "Sonic's Ultimate Genisis Collection"?

Tetsujin 04/28/2009 02:41 PM

Well, my brother bought it and brought it over. :monster:

Tbh, Unleashed would be good if they just took out the FUCKING WOLFHOG.

And yes, I'm not calling it werehog because that would essentially translate to "man-hog" (as in, a man that transforms into a hedgehog. Yeah, right). [/smartass] :geek:

Makoeyes987 04/28/2009 04:31 PM

Sonic is dead.

I think the only good 3D games Sonic has ever had was Sonic Adventure, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and for pity's sake, I'll include Sonic Unleashed.

And that's ranked from best to worst. To quote Resident Evil, "Sonic is now a mere shadow of his former self."

Tetsujin 04/28/2009 04:33 PM

I really can't understand how Sega managed to rape their own mascot.

Sonic was my hero, man. D'=

Super Mario 04/28/2009 05:48 PM

Because of shitty plots, voice acting of the lowest caliber, and inclusion of alot of shitty characters.

And they lack the BISON spirit to give it a good name.

SutekiMitsukai 04/28/2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Joker (Post 61526)
I miss that old Sonic in the Sega where we just have to run and not wield some faggot sword, be a furry wolf and save a whiny princess who looks like some shit out of an animu series or RPG.

Shadow to me is quite possibly the only good newb to come out of the story, the rest of the n00bs can just die in an epic reboot.

I concer with Shadow. He's the only good newbie to have come out in the game. All the rest aren't even worth remembering the names of.

I didn't like the Shadow the Hedgehog game though. I still haven't completed it because I think you have to do every kind of story line you can do. I don't wanna play the same damn levels over and over forever.

I did like the Sonic Adventure games though. Especially when the choa were introduced and you could take care of them and breed and raise. It's kind of like Pokemon only you race and do karate...don't battle. lol

Alex 04/28/2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

I didn't like the Shadow the Hedgehog game though
Yeah and I bet you didn't like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the same reason amirite? :wackymonster:

SutekiMitsukai 04/28/2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashes (Post 61951)
Yeah and I bet you didn't like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the same reason amirite? :wackymonster:

Absolutely correct. Damn I wish I was as smart as you. :(

Alex 04/28/2009 07:40 PM

Don't worry, everybody feels that way at one point or another :)

About both parts of that post

:hugeblackmonster: