The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Did I just imagine this official quote about Zack and Aerith? (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=20497)

Shademp 05/27/2018 08:30 PM

Did I just imagine this official quote about Zack and Aerith?
 
My memory claims that, years ago, there was a comment by somebody from the Crisis Core team (probably Kazushige Nojima) who took the time to confirm that Zack and Aerith never had sex.

I remember there being an outrage at how unnecessary it was to shed light on such an awkward matter and that it would have been better left unaddressed.

...Did I just dream all this? :huh: I can't find the quote despite lengthy google (and TLS) searches.

If I were to make a guess at where my memory is erroneous it would be that perhaps the quote was in regards to a different Final Fantasy pairing.

Minato 05/27/2018 08:43 PM

“Although called my first love, that doesn’t mean that we(Zack&Aerith) became particularly intimate. " FFVII Dismantled.

Shademp 05/27/2018 08:46 PM

Thanks! That may very well have been the one :monster:

Theozilla 05/27/2018 11:34 PM

What was FFVII Dismantled, out of curiosity?

Strangelove 05/27/2018 11:52 PM

it's a japanese strategy guide ('ffvii kaitai shinsho').

from the sound of that quote it sounds like one of diary entries written from the characters' voices, not a statement from any staff.

in terms of crisis core, the ultimania had a quote on one of their profile pages calling zack and aerith's relationship 'platonic' but that also wasn't a staff quote. i can't think of any other quote that might fit off the top of my head.

Chloe Frazer 05/28/2018 12:27 AM

So she died a virgin? Way to add insult to injury Square. This is the kind of shit that has annoyed me about Square, the way Aerith's characterization has been post OG (in CC being especially crap). I'd like to think that the girl who was a subversion on her character archetype, threatening to rip someone's balls off also got to have sex with her boyfriend.

The Twilight Mexican 05/28/2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangelove (Post 784664)
it's a japanese strategy guide ('ffvii kaitai shinsho').

from the sound of that quote it sounds like one of diary entries written from the characters' voices, not a statement from any staff.

in terms of crisis core, the ultimania had a quote on one of their profile pages calling zack and aerith's relationship 'platonic' but that also wasn't a staff quote. i can't think of any other quote that might fit off the top of my head.

If I remember right, it was Zack's profile. It described their relationship as "platonic na koi," I think? A "platonic romance"? Which I took to mean a "chaste love" (i.e. romantic with no sex).

Mr. Ite 05/28/2018 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe Frazer (Post 784665)
So she died a virgin? Way to add insult to injury Square. This is the kind of shit that has annoyed me about Square, the way Aerith's characterization has been post OG (in CC being especially crap). I'd like to think that the girl who was a subversion on her character archetype, threatening to rip someone's balls off also got to have sex with her boyfriend.

Died a virgin? Impossible.

“No Cloud, I want know... the REAL you!”

If this gondola’s a rockin’ don’t come a knockin! The great dragon Valvados was slain that night, after all.

Clement Rage 05/28/2018 10:26 PM

Doesn't really seem like a definitive statement to me. Could still go either way if you wanted to interpret it accordingly.

Addy Carver 05/29/2018 12:13 AM

I reckon she shagged Cloud, dunno about Zack. I'm CloTi 4 lyfe though so it just confirms my suspicions that she ain't nothing but a Cetran ho.

Channy 05/29/2018 02:44 AM

:watchingu: You take that back


Well, I mean... it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Zack and Aerith to have sex at that age... she was.. 17 when he finally left?

Afterall, Zack did say to Cloud that they might have a place to say but then ruled it out because the mum didn't like/approve of him. Sounds like you got some 'splaining to do!!

Strangelove 05/29/2018 06:14 AM

oh they fuckin

(i would put the video here of that from the discord but cba)

Shademp 05/29/2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Channy (Post 784751)
Zack did say to Cloud that they might have a place to say but then ruled it out because the mum didn't like/approve of him. Sounds like you got some 'splaining to do!!

The nuance is different in the Japanese game, appealing to Zack's "less monogamous" image.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hito
It was actually multiple girls he was talking about.

The English version only sounds like one person:

Zack
“I know what I'm gonna do.”
Zack
“I got a place I can crash for a while…”
Zack
“No wait, the mother lives there too.”


But the Japanese one talks about a number of girls:

ザックス
「俺はあちこちにあてがあるんだ」
"I've got people I can count all over."

ザックス
「みんなの世話んなって……」
"I'll get everyone to help me out..."

ザックス
「あ、どの女の子も親といっしょに住んでるのか……」
"Oh, does every girl live with their parents..."

Each line specifically highlight that he's talking about multiple people (the bold parts), rather than the single person he is talking about in the English script.

Link

Not arguing for or against anything here, just reminding people of hito's post from 2013 for the umpteenth time. :monster:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangelove (Post 784756)
oh they fuckin

(i would put the video here of that from the discord but cba)

YouTube Video


YouTube Video

Strangelove 05/29/2018 07:41 AM

classic brand hito bring the punctuation and capital letters in the right places

looneymoon 05/29/2018 11:42 PM

I hope in the remake they imbue Aerith with the ratchet ho from the ghetto she always had in her


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.