The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New Usergroup (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=723)

Cookie Monster 03/24/2009 03:00 PM

New Usergroup

I created a new usergroup for Donators. Anyone who donates to TLS will be placed in this usergroup. Those that donated should now have a gold username and user rank. I only remember Makoeyes, Tet, and CK donating, so if I've missed anyone, let me know and I'll verify with Yop and change your profile, fgj. :monster:

Staff members will only have the gold user rank if they donated, because, well, they're staff members. :monster:

Cthulhu 03/24/2009 06:19 PM

:monster: and gj. Did you give them that usergroup as a primary or secondary usergroup?

Also, we can give them some benefits now. Would you lot (i.e. donators) like to have one or any of the following:

* Star / icon / whatnot in postbit
* Username effect / thingy
* Increased PM space / larger upload allowance / whatnot
* Access to secret spam section (dunno about pr0n, I doubt that would be prudent and the host wouldn't allow it)
* Limited moderation capabilities (full control over own threads, close / move etc at the very least)
* Listing in the 'View Forum Leaders' bit, and I'm sure that a hack is available that would give you your own page (benefactors). Or on the frontpage. But that's up to you if you want to be listed as a benefactor / donator.

* Others, I'm outta ideas right now, :monster:.

Makoeyes987 03/24/2009 06:33 PM

I have my own pr0n thank you very much :monster:

But all those perks sound awesome. I'm 100% for this.

Tetsujin 03/24/2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu (Post 33573)
:monster: and gj. Did you give them that usergroup as a primary or secondary usergroup?

Also, we can give them some benefits now. Would you lot (i.e. donators) like to have one or any of the following:

* Star / icon / whatnot in postbit
* Username effect / thingy
* Increased PM space / larger upload allowance / whatnot
* Access to secret spam section (dunno about pr0n, I doubt that would be prudent and the host wouldn't allow it)
* Limited moderation capabilities (full control over own threads, close / move etc at the very least)
* Listing in the 'View Forum Leaders' bit, and I'm sure that a hack is available that would give you your own page (benefactors). Or on the frontpage. But that's up to you if you want to be listed as a benefactor / donator.

* Others, I'm outta ideas right now, :monster:.

Good ideas. Limited moderation capabilites for normal users sound like a neat idea.

Cthulhu 03/24/2009 06:56 PM

We'll need someone to goan make an icon, then, :monster:.

Also, I should totally give myself a 'webmistress' usergroup, for great elitism, :monster:.

Strangelove 03/24/2009 06:58 PM

:monster: means I agree.

Cthulhu 03/24/2009 07:00 PM

Added:

* Ability to open / close own threads
* Ability to move own threads
* Upped PM space to 5000 messages
* Made visible on View Forum Leaders (although this can be disabled if there's donators not comfortable with it)

The Man 03/24/2009 07:29 PM

Find a host that allows pr0n? :monster:

In all seriousness, this makes sense, well done :monster:

Cookie Monster 03/24/2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu (Post 33573)

I based the Donator usergroup off of the "Registered Users" usergroup, so I set it as a primary for all non-staff members. And, it's set as a secondary usergroup for staff members. :monster:

CK 03/24/2009 11:22 PM

SUPER SECRET SPAM SECTION

also thanks guys. <3

Tennyo 03/24/2009 11:51 PM

Sounds awesome. :monster:

Now all I have to do is donate. XD

Cookie Monster 03/25/2009 03:55 AM

Just added the Member Ranks again. :monster:

The Man 03/25/2009 04:12 AM

Awesome, though it'd be better to have those in between username & user title I think since that's where they are on most other boards. also, I'd put usertitle in bold rather than user rank, but that's just personal taste really, :monster:

Cookie Monster 03/25/2009 04:16 AM

Yar, Yop will have to edit the templates for that.

The Man 03/25/2009 04:49 AM

actually now that I think about it, ranks are directly below usertitle on most boards; they're above usertitle on EoFF and FG. Still, gj on restoring the ranks, :monster:.