The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Competitions (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   The Lifestream ranks Final Fantasy songs (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=16702)

RedFFWolf 11/05/2015 04:30 PM

The Man with the Machine Gun and Dark Messenger??
Why, if anybody objects, send them my way and I swear I'll...I'LL politely tell them off, sir :)

Minato 11/05/2015 04:59 PM

Yeah good call. I must've thought Man with the Machine Gun was already in or I most def would have nominated it.

Flintlock 11/05/2015 10:54 PM

Update: I boobed. I didn't realise that we already had Dark Messenger, under the title "The Darkness of Eternity". Even though I checked all the names myself, I still forgot that one. :P

So, we have a free slot. Any last-minute nominations, something you've been kicking yourself for not suggesting earlier? Here are some I'd like:

The Day Will Come (V)
Locke's Theme (VI)
Holding My Thoughts in my Heart (VII)
Force Your Way (VIII)
The Spy (VIII)
South Gate (IX)
Conde Petie (IX)

(I'd better stop...)

Monterosa mentioned The Skycity of Bhujerba to me in a recent conversation, and that's a nice tune as well. We've got a couple of days to think about it, so, what do you think? You don't have to pick something I've suggested.

Minato 11/05/2015 10:59 PM

Force Your Way, all the way.

Kuroto 11/05/2015 11:55 PM

I've been thinking about Lenna's Theme from FFV.

YouTube Video

Lex 11/06/2015 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monterosa (Post 665851)
I just want to say that I'm loving this event so far. I'm on TLS every day and, with this post, I've finally reached a milestone of 100 posts made. ^^

Thanks for giving us a day off. I have a lot of catching up to do. I keep thinking I can just listen in the background, but these songs demand my full attention.

You should interact moar. You're related to Flint which means you're automatically awesome, and you can never have enough awesome on TLS <3

Monterosa 11/06/2015 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex (Post 665950)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monterosa (Post 665851)
I just want to say that I'm loving this event so far. I'm on TLS every day and, with this post, I've finally reached a milestone of 100 posts made. ^^

Thanks for giving us a day off. I have a lot of catching up to do. I keep thinking I can just listen in the background, but these songs demand my full attention.

You should interact moar. You're related to Flint which means you're automatically awesome, and you can never have enough awesome on TLS <3

I'm usually around for the competitions and events. So if you want me to stay, now you know the way to hold me down ;)

Quote:

Force Your Way, all the way.
I second this, though I would also be happy with Lenna's Theme as Kuroto has suggested or Skycity of Bhujerba as I mentioned. In terms of which song I think is the most important, I would say Force Your Way.

I think we have enough FFVII and FFIX songs, so I would personally rather not have any more from those games.

Airling 11/06/2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monterosa (Post 665972)
I think we have enough FFVII and FFIX songs, so I would personally rather not have any more from those games.

You're probably right. And yet I can't help but nominate

YouTube Video

or

YouTube Video

:geek:

Edit: It seems Prelude isn't included.

YouTube Video

Feels like a must! But they all do. Gah!

Flintlock 11/06/2015 10:48 AM

I've thought about the Prelude as well but I don't know how many people would actually vote for it.

Doom Bunneh 11/06/2015 11:26 AM

Do we have the battle theme from FFIV on the list? I tried checking the names but the only one I could find was "Battle 1", and that isn't on the list. If not, then I nominate it :D

Monterosa 11/06/2015 03:33 PM

You know, I think we need The Oath from Final Fantasy VIII:

YouTube Video

Flintlock 11/06/2015 03:41 PM

I almost suggested that before I decided I had made enough suggestions already. So +1 from me on that.

This is a very informal vote, but it looks like we've got three people in favour of Force Your Way, two for Lenna's Theme, The Skycity of Bhujerba, Prelude and The Oath, and one for everything else that has been brought up. Maybe I'll take whichever song gets to four nominations first.

RedFFWolf 11/06/2015 04:48 PM

I'll also throw in my vote for "The Oath"

Flare 11/06/2015 05:17 PM

I vote for Prelude! To me that was the initial broad FF theme I'd heard first, before I happened upon the real FF theme. Anyway, it's a simple repeat melody but has a lovely tune with the ascending and descending notes in quick succession.

Flintlock 11/06/2015 09:47 PM

It's late in the day and I haven't had a chance to put the new polls up yet, so I guess we'll take another day off. Sorry to anyone who had their hopes up, but this way the entire first half will close before we get started on the second, which has a certain neatness to it that I appreciate. :)