The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Kingdom Hearts (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Since HD Collections seem to be pretty popular nowadays... (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=6334)

Tetsujin 12/26/2010 07:12 PM

Since HD Collections seem to be pretty popular nowadays...
 
...what about a Kingdom Hearts HD collection with PS3 ports of 1, 2 and Re:CoM?

Of course, it would have to be no less than the Final Mix versions. :monster:

"For the 10th anniversary there is talk of remaking the original Kingdom Hearts, what do you say to that?"

Nomura: I recently had a some interest in making an HD remake, but right now there simply isn’t time to make it. Although, before Kingdom Hearts III releases, I do have to consider the notion that the series has become too long and that it’s difficult for any new players to enter it in the middle of the story.


This would be the one chance to make up for leaving us out with the Final Mixes.
Also, since it's Blu-ray, I think there should be enough space left to actually include ALL dubs (Japanese, English, other EU dubs).

With all the Final Mix additions, the remake of CoM that Europe never got and inclusion of other language options, this would be one HD collection worth buying imo. :monster:

However, since this would actually be awesome it's most likely not going to happen. This IS Square-Enix after all...

Mariketsu 12/26/2010 07:34 PM

Hmm, not a bad deal at all. I agree it would make up for alot of what they didn't give us (and I'd love to hear it in different languages too :P). Since they seemed to have acknowledged their mistakes recently, I'll leave judgement up in the air, but for now, I have almost no hope they'll actually do it when they DO get the time.

~ Raz

Makoeyes987 12/26/2010 08:16 PM

Meh, I...really can't say I give a shit about KH to want to play it in high def. But that's just me. Final Mix shit be damned. It's been years. Does anyone still really care?

Max Payne 12/26/2010 08:17 PM

I'd buy it if it was KH, KHII AND BBS final mixes in HD.

Makoeyes987 12/26/2010 08:18 PM

...If they included all three...then we'd be talking. :monster:

But what would the price be? I wouldn't want to pay more than 70 bucks.

Max Payne 12/26/2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 286509)
...If they included all three...then we'd be talking. :monster:

But what would the price be? I wouldn't want to pay more than 70 bucks.

More than 40 bucks for an HD collection is unacceptable.

Omega 12/26/2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 286507)
Meh, I...really can't say I give a shit about KH to want to play it in high def. But that's just me. Final Mix shit be damned. It's been years. Does anyone still really care?

A Mako stance I can agree with :monster:

I'd rather see collections of other stuff from older consoles - DMC collection for 360, a Chrono Trigger/Cross combo, Lunar, King of Fighters, etc.

Then again, the fact that I can't stand KH might have something to do with this. =/

Shademp 12/26/2010 09:13 PM

Kingdom Hearts would be more bearable if it wasn't for all the Disney characters. The Disney worlds and their characters take up too much space.

Not that I'm much of a fan of the SoraxRikuxKairi shenanigans, but I like that better than the Disney parts.

Makoeyes987 12/26/2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm Batman (Post 286511)
More than 40 bucks for an HD collection is unacceptable.

Well since they'd be like 3 games, wouldn't 40 bucks be a bit cheap? I mean that seems like lowballing it unrealistically.

Max Payne 12/26/2010 09:16 PM

lol 90% of HD collections haven't been on 360 I don't see that changing for some reason.

I am of the opinion that the original KH was a fantastic game with an interesting premise, fun gameplay, and interesting villain. All that is overshadowed by it's less than fantastic sequel.

Tetsujin 12/27/2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 286521)
Well since they'd be like 3 games, wouldn't 40 bucks be a bit cheap? I mean that seems like lowballing it unrealistically.

No. :monster:

The other collections released under the Classics HD brand didn't cost more than 40 bucks either.

Makoeyes987 12/27/2010 10:20 PM

....That's pretty fucking awesome.

Tennyo 12/28/2010 04:04 AM

I would actually be down with this. I liked the first KH game a lot, and I didn't think KH II was all that bad either. :monster:

Tetsujin 01/05/2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 286855)
....That's pretty fucking awesome.

Well it only makes sense. 2 - 3 games on one disc or not, fact is, they are just upscaled PS2 games that were first released ages ago so they really shouldn't be allowed to cost all that much.

And yeah, I'd be all for them including BBS but even if they ever released a KH collection, they wouldn't put a handheld title on it, I'm sure.

Bastards. :P

ForceStealer 01/05/2011 03:04 PM

Chain of Memories got a console port, did it not? :P


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.