The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII) (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=14038)

Arianna 06/11/2013 04:31 AM

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

YouTube Video

And did it get clarified if Noctis is a girl or not?

Joe 06/11/2013 04:32 AM

I'm fairly certain Noctis is a dude.

Edit:Combat looks absolutely incredible in this game, as does general moving about. Come on SquareEnix, make a comeback and start being great again. You're well on your way!

Arianna 06/11/2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glyph (Post 519888)
I'm fairly certain Noctis is a dude!

Also that youtube embed needs to be fixed.

I guess it was a mistranslation of the Japanese. ^_^

And, yes, I did fix it. Thanks.

Unlucky 06/11/2013 04:34 AM

Honestly, in comparison to the old Versus trailer, this new one has at least managed to spark some of my interest.

But I'm still underwhelmed by the character designs. Especially Noctis. Just the standard J-popstar-ish prettyboy. And he's supposed to be a prince? Lulz, he doesn't even seem to have changed his clothes since he was a kid

jazzflower92 06/11/2013 04:35 AM

This is the game formerly known as Versus XIII.

So,they just threw up their hands and decided it was taking too long to release then just slapped it on as the next installment.It figures really.:P

Lex 06/11/2013 04:40 AM

I get the strong impression they made the move to next gen at least a year or two ago tbh, that's why they've been so sparse with the details. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the game release next year at some point. KH3 will be another few years though, but at least it's in development :P

jazzflower92 06/11/2013 04:45 AM

I am secretly crossing my fingers for the XVII installment that they have another girl protagonist.This time it would be one that has a spunky personality.

But for now I guess we have to see this Noctis guy.I don't know about you but his name screams "emo".

The Twilight Mexican 06/11/2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Lex (Post 519897)
I get the strong impression they made the move to next gen at least a year or two ago tbh, that's why they've been so sparse with the details.

I get the strong impression that they can go fuck themselves. :monster:

Unlucky 06/11/2013 04:52 AM

Chill out, buddy :P

So you're never gonna play it then? Even if it gets good reviews/ become teh best FF 5ever?

The Twilight Mexican 06/11/2013 05:00 AM

Oh, I'm going to play it, for sure. Probably play the hell out of it.

But I'll make it a point that Square never sees a dime from me for it.

ForceStealer 06/11/2013 05:01 AM

Good thing you don't have to get it for the Xbox One then :monster:

I agree with Lex, I saw this coming awhile ago and was rather shocked when the trailer originally still said Versus XIII

Unlucky 06/11/2013 05:03 AM

I rolled my eyes so hard when the logo 'broke' into shards and became XV

ForceStealer 06/11/2013 05:10 AM

Yeah, the press all seem to be acting so shocked. Like I said I was way more surprised when I thought it wasn't changed.

Unlucky 06/11/2013 05:14 AM

Well I guess this solves our completely off "V" font mystery in the other thread :monster:

Though I'm still wondering if it's shopped.

Arth 06/11/2013 05:18 AM

Loved it.Got goosebumps at the first look at Leviathan.BTW, am I the only one thinking that SE is hinting at FF VII a bit at the end with´´The legend meets its match´´? :monster: Hope it for them.