The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Celes' Nominee Q and A thread (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=11688)

Ryushikaze 06/18/2012 04:25 PM

Celes' Nominee Q and A thread
 
In the Moderator Q and A threads, every member is allowed to ask potential moderator candidates questions to more completely gauge how you think they'd act as a mod. They are free to answer or not answer these questions as they like. I would ask that you keep the questions and answers fairly serious, since you're trying to determine if each nominee will be a good fit as a moderator. Now, don't think you can't have any fun with this, just don't completely lose the plot for jokes I'd also ask that you not use these threads to pursue vendettas or cause trouble, as it would be rude to the nominees.
Threads will remain open for half a week, after which a voting thread will be opened.

That said, this is the Q and A thread for Celes/Teef, so get to it.

Alessa Gillespie 06/18/2012 04:36 PM

you are suffering from a lot of stress at work, and when you come home, you discover that someone has reported what you judge to be an inoffensive post from your friend. how do you respond?

Octo 06/18/2012 05:26 PM

I'm gonna ask all the nominees this one:

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.

What do?
___________

Celes Chere 06/18/2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

you are suffering from a lot of stress at work, and when you come home, you discover that someone has reported what you judge to be an inoffensive post from your friend. how do you respond?
Despite my stress at work, I still have a situation to handle here and I would do it. I would definitely speak to both people about it - what they found offensive about the post precisely, and if my friend knew they were being offensive. Knowing the people I am friends with, they'd be honest with me and own up to their own mistakes. Regardless on if they meant to be offensive, I would act accordingly (with a warning). It also depends on the nature of the post? I'd use common sense over what was meant to be blatantly offensive//meant to hurt someone's feelings vs a sarcastic comment that upset someone.

Quote:

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.
Doesn't matter if they are my close friend, if they are being a dick I'd call them out on it for sure. I'd warn them/be upfront with them about it, and if it continued after that I'd have to use that nifty infraction button. I guess I believe in warning before infraction right away, and I'd like to ask them why they're doing what they're doing.

Also if it's my close friend I am definitely more likely to be aggressive and say "dude, seriously. That's really annoying and pissing people off." :monster:

Flintlock 06/18/2012 07:36 PM

You have said that you are against the new private forum for talking to staff, and that you think there should no longer be a private staff forum. Would you stand by both of those statements if you were to join the team? If so what would you recommend members do if they want to contact staff privately, considering you have also said the report system doesn't work? And how would you suggest the staff go about handling the types of sensitive issue that were previously discussed in private?

Celes Chere 06/18/2012 07:48 PM

The reason I am against that idea, is because I see no real use for it. The reason why I am against the second idea - it's not that I mind there is a private section for staff to discuss how to handle certain issues. I believe that is how staff should use that section. What I don't like, is that staff was talking behind certain Forum members behind their backs. Staff has already apologized for this and owned up to it. I would not participate in any section of the site that speaks down on it's member base like that. If it happened in the staff section you can bet I would tell people to cut it out. I think the staff Forum should stay, but the issue is now that some members don't feel like they can trust the staff to speak about private matters in a way that's not disrespectful.

If we could open up that private section of the Forum to everyone (not just one on one with staff) I think it'd be more useful. I think privately PMing certain staff you want to speak to isn't that hard to do. However we all have differing opinions on this matter, those are just mine. What's done is done and so we all have to deal. :monster:

If people want to use that private section of the Forum, they are more than welcomed to. I just see no use for it, myself. If in the off chance I was made a staff member I'd start using it if I had to.

All in all, everyone should just be honest with one another. More conflicts are avoided that way.

Dawnbreaker 06/19/2012 02:49 AM

Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?

Unlucky 06/19/2012 04:56 AM

A question for all nominees:

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?

Celes Chere 06/19/2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?
Ban Carlie. :monster:
It depends on what the situation is at the time? If members have any complaints, I'd listen to them all and try and come to a conclusion by speaking with them and other staff members. I talk to plenty of people on TLS already, I'd have no problem messaging them on msn and such to see what's up. :3

Quote:

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?
There's nothing you can do about that on the site, since they're acting decently on the site. If they brought the off sight drama to the Forum, that'd be different. I'd probably message them on wherever it is they were posting though and find what's up. But that'd be between me and them, and nothing to do with the Forum unless they brought it there.

Octo 06/19/2012 12:25 PM

Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

Unlucky 06/19/2012 12:45 PM

Follow-up question to my first one:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someone named Octo (Post 451481)
I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?


Celes Chere 06/19/2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)
Well, I really like to get to know newer members, once they make enough posts I usually stop by their profile to say hi. :3 (enough posts meaning more than 5 xD ) I can't make people get involved, but I can certainly make them feel welcomed... because why shouldn't they be?

Quote:

TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?
I'd tell them to cut that shit out, of course. Very bluntly. =P

Flintlock 06/19/2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca Chambers (Post 451666)
Well, I really like to get to know newer members, once they make enough posts I usually stop by their profile to say hi. :3 (enough posts meaning more than 5 xD )

I thought that was an interesting claim to make, as I certainly don't remember you saying hi to me when I joined, so I decided to investigate a little. Of the last 33 members to have joined and made more than five posts (your criteria), you have only introduced yourself to two, and they were Aqua, a friend of a friend, and Vanitas, someone you already knew before they joined. The last person you seem to have actually introduced yourself to was Danseru-kun, back in November 2011. How does that fit in with your definition of "usually"?

CK 06/19/2012 09:30 PM

Maybe real life and/or personal shit has gotten in the way recently? If this was a proper investigation you'd see she used to welcome possibly every member and was almost always the one to make a birthday thread. What do you say to that detective herp derp?

Cthulhu 06/19/2012 09:32 PM

Please keep things civil CK. I for one support confrontational questions to any potential mod.

Flintlock 06/19/2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident Evil 6 Logo (Post 451728)
Maybe real life and/or personal shit has gotten in the way recently? If this was a proper investigation you'd see she used to welcome possibly every member and was almost always the one to make a birthday thread. What do you say to that detective herp derp?

I say fair enough, because I had a feeling she might have done it a lot more in the past, and maybe she just wasn't aware of how little she had been doing it recently.

Thanks for the new nickname.

CK 06/19/2012 09:33 PM

That is me being civil. But yes sir I will behave.

@flintlock: I thought it was pretty good. :)

Celes Chere 06/19/2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

I thought that was an interesting claim to make, as I certainly don't remember you saying hi to me when I joined, so I decided to investigate a little. Of the last 33 members to have joined and made more than five posts (your criteria), you have only introduced yourself to two, and they were Aqua, a friend of a friend, and Vanitas, someone you already knew before they joined. The last person you seem to have actually introduced yourself to was Danseru-kun, back in November 2011. How does that fit in with your definition of "usually"?
I can't say hello to everyone, but I certainly do make an effort of it. ^^; If you would like to check my entire TLS history, you would know that we (me and crack, A when she was around) used to have races about who would post "hello" to the newest members first. That kind of dwindled down though, and I started doing that on my own when I could. No offense, but it's kind of strange that you looked that far into it to make your point but... whatever. XD

Also Tony has it pretty spot on as well. I am sorry that I am a human being, Flintlock. ^^;

Flintlock 06/19/2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca Chambers (Post 451736)
No offense, but it's kind of strange that you looked that far into it to make your point but... whatever. XD

Yeah, I am kind of strange, no denying that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca Chambers (Post 451736)
Also Tony has it pretty spot on as well. I am sorry that I am a human being, Flintlock. ^^;

As I intimated in my follow-up post, I suspected it was down to being a human :) But whether or not it was, I thought it was worth posting the facts.

Tifabelle 06/19/2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu (Post 451731)
Please keep things civil CK. I for one support confrontational questions to any potential mod.

I don't have a problem with confrontational questions either. But I also find it weird that he'd go through all that trouble.

Also 33 is an odd number to cut off at. Any particular reason?

Cthulhu 06/19/2012 09:43 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Flint is nothing but trouble, all the time :monster:. But I like the effort and thought he seems to be putting in his questions.

Tetsujin 06/19/2012 09:46 PM

Human beings with lives aren't suited to be mods imo. :wackymonster:

Seriously though, when an important issue arises and things get heated, people will want the mods to reply right the fuck away, regardless of time zones or personal schedules.

How will you react to that kind of pressure? I remember you yourself were getting impatient at some mods. Will you always be able to respond to issues within 24 hours? Would you say it is necessary for a mod to do so?

Flintlock 06/19/2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Redfield (Post 451740)
I don't have a problem with confrontational questions either. But I also find it weird that he'd go through all that trouble.

Also 33 is an odd number to cut off at. Any particular reason?

Because the 34th was Danseru-kun, who I mentioned. I wasn't trying to find any conclusive statistics about how much Celes has done it since the beginning - I'm not quite deranged enough to go back through every single member's profile - just how much she's done it recently.

Strangelove 06/19/2012 09:52 PM

she didn't say hello to me

ban the witch right now

Tifabelle 06/19/2012 09:53 PM

Tiff popped my VM cherry. :monster: She might have also been my first friend, but I can't remember.

Also hito, you were a member before she was :monster:

looneymoon 06/20/2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintlock (Post 451717)
I thought that was an interesting claim to make, as I certainly don't remember you saying hi to me when I joined, so I decided to investigate a little. Of the last 33 members to have joined and made more than five posts (your criteria), you have only introduced yourself to two, and they were Aqua, a friend of a friend, and Vanitas, someone you already knew before they joined. The last person you seem to have actually introduced yourself to was Danseru-kun, back in November 2011. How does that fit in with your definition of "usually"?

and I thought it was weird that I look at who thanks my posts :(

Celes Chere 06/20/2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Seriously though, when an important issue arises and things get heated, people will want the mods to reply right the fuck away, regardless of time zones or personal schedules.

How will you react to that kind of pressure? I remember you yourself were getting impatient at some mods. Will you always be able to respond to issues within 24 hours? Would you say it is necessary for a mod to do so?
I can react fine to that, if I am late coming to something I will own up to it and apologize. And try to catch up with every thing best I can! Also... I am on TLS quite a bit of the time, why in fact my stress in my life BRINGS me here because it's sort of like an escape for me? I care a lot about the people here so yeah... I'll get as involved as I can. ;w; Especially when a problem arises.

No, I understand people's lives can get busy and hectic! I don't neccessarily think every single mod has to post in order for an issue to be resolved unless... they are directly involved. As long as the issue is taken care of by SOMEONE than that should be enough. :3


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.