The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New site staff and Mod, TresDias/Squall_of_SeeD (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=3342)

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Weasley (Post 182790)
That well-respected, reknowned problem solving think tank that we all trust to not cock things up?

:monster:

Yes.

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:28 AM

so liek...that response totally answered some questions, and shit.

Bex 11/09/2009 12:28 AM

OMG MOG, you're really setting a good example for staff responding to members' criticisms and opinions.
Good lord, I wish every staffer were as intuitive and eloquent as you.

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermione Granger (Post 182797)
OMG MOG, you're really setting a good example for staff responding to members' criticisms and opinions.
Good lord, I wish every staffer were as intuitive and eloquent as you.

yeah

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:31 AM

Totally.

The Man 11/09/2009 12:33 AM

This is clearly a staff where people don't understand the purpose of constructive criticism and/or sarcasm :monster:

Alex 11/09/2009 12:34 AM

Best tred evar!!!!!

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 12:34 AM

with that said im gonna pop out gotta grab a hoagie and get ready for work tomorrow

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:35 AM

Thanks for your input. It was enlightening.

Ryushikaze 11/09/2009 01:13 AM

Y'know, sometimes, I think the Koolaid club around here doesn't really get just how laid back the staff actually is.

And for what it's worth, SoS is not some mere flash in the pan. Yes, he's new to TLS, but he's hardly new to this community, and many folks here are familiar with him from as far back as 2005. In all that time, he has always been well reasoned, slow to anger, equal in judgement, and generally trustworthy.

And let me just state this- The quickest way to ensure you never get a moderator hood, on this or any other forum, is to act too eager to get it.

Marauder 11/09/2009 01:14 AM

Secretly, I cry myself to sleep at night because I'm not a moderator of such a great forum. /wrists

The Man 11/09/2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryushikaze (Post 182812)
Y'know, sometimes, I think the Koolaid club around here doesn't really get just how laid back the staff actually is.

Please, elucidate for me where people have been complaining that the staff isn't laid back enough. If anything, I've seen people complaining that they're too laid back - a charge I don't agree with, incidentally, but it bears pointing out.

Quote:

Yes, he's new to TLS, but he's hardly new to this community, and many folks here are familiar with him from as far back as 2005.
Haven't you been emphasising from the start of this forum's beginning how this isn't ACF? Please, elucidate what caused this shift in thinking.

Quote:

In all that time, he has always been well reasoned, slow to anger, equal in judgement, and generally trustworthy.
So you're basing your decision on behaviour from years ago, then? Since clearly he hasn't been a member of TLS long enough for you to get any accurate idea of how he fits into this community.

Quote:

And let me just state this- The quickest way to ensure you never get a moderator hood, on this or any other forum, is to act too eager to get it.
It's kind of hard for for TLS staff to defend that position when the whole reason half the people on your staff are there is because they asked to be. But really, the only people on TLS who've acted eager for a staff position are Vendel (ahahahaha) and Quexinos.

Ryushikaze 11/09/2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos (Post 182813)
Secretly, I cry myself to sleep at night because I'm not a moderator of such a great forum. /wrists

I'm sure a lot of people have that problem, emo duck.

Alessa Gillespie 11/09/2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryushikaze (Post 182816)
I'm sure a lot of people have that problem, emo duck.

...do ducks even have wrists to slit?

The Man 11/09/2009 01:21 AM

It was my distinct impression that wrists required hands. Which ducks obviously don't have.