The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New site staff and Mod, TresDias/Squall_of_SeeD (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=3342)

Isabella 11/08/2009 02:59 AM

This from a guy who never, ever spams.

Marauder 11/08/2009 03:00 AM

I'll say it again, I just like arguing. I guess in some circles it's considered trolling, but I am truly curious about the answers to the questions at this point.

Dacon? Spam? LOL!

Max Payne 11/08/2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella (Post 182606)
This from a guy who never, ever spams.

This from a woman who doesn't care.

Dashell 11/08/2009 04:15 AM

I love how a lot of you think Tres was modded ONLY because of his essays XD

ForceStealer 11/08/2009 04:22 AM

Now comes the "Because that's the only reason anyone has given" when people have said more than a few times now that he's active in the compilation sections (which, interestingly enough, most of the people against it do not frequent).

Perhaps more important than the frequency of his activity in those sections is the quality of his posts. I don't think I've seen him post anything yet that wasn't substantial and respectful.

Dashell 11/08/2009 04:33 AM

TBH, the one thing I do agree with is this place has too many admins and mods. I think 3 admins and maybe 3 mods would be plenty. This place doesn't get that much activity to have that many mods. But really I don't see a problem with Tres and I'm surprised so many people do.

Can't we just give him a chance? :(

Max Payne 11/08/2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Can't we just give him a chance?
Sure you can, I won't. I just wanted answer But not anymore, never did I cry "demod".

I think this just proves I shouldn't be here, given how instantly defensive, and reluctant you people are to cooperate in a simple conversation about the man's qualifications as a mod. But it extends much further than that small issue.

It's ironic though, seeing how right Isabella is about mods doing little in general.

Quote:

I love how a lot of you think Tres was modded ONLY because of his essays XD
Fault of the people that cited his essays and knowledge of Final Fantasy as the reasons he should be a mod.

Either way, I've been buttfucked by real life recently, so my concerns are elsewhere. Have fun with your dysfunctional staff kids.

Dashell 11/08/2009 04:43 AM

I see you're making a thread in the intro and depart section. Lemme guess "I'm leaving because the staff sucks." I find it amusing that you don't like the very staff that let you get away with calling people fags, niggers, and various other forms of insults.

Quote:

It's ironic though, seeing how right Isabella is about mods doing little in general.
I don't see them needing to do much.

Marauder 11/08/2009 07:27 AM

Are you saying that because they allow Dacon to be Dacon, he should like them? There's a flaw in your logic Quexinos.

Dashell 11/08/2009 07:50 AM

Well seeing as how they don't let other members just be other members and he got special treatment, I'm just surprised he's so against them.

Isabella 11/08/2009 08:10 AM

I wouldn't say he got special treatment. A lot of people here are shitty to others.

Dashell 11/08/2009 08:15 AM

Maybe that's part of the problem....

Isabella 11/08/2009 08:23 AM

I'd agree. But it's up to staff to set the tone they want for this place and be consistent about it. I do like that TresDias is level-headed and respectful. It's kinda refreshing.

Cthulhu 11/08/2009 09:28 AM

I like how people are just complaining for the sake of complaining here. How many of you actually frequent the compilation sections? How many of you are actually bothered by the moderators who, really, are only just members with special privileges to keep things organized when they run out of hand?

It's only a moderator, lighten up. Besides, most of you have already indicated you don't like the site or how it's run, so do you actually care?

(SPOILER) Admit it, you do, :monster:

This is one of the reason why staff is becoming more and more segregated from the members - whenever they do something (as per how the site is run etc), they get half a dozen members jumping on their neck.

Max Payne 11/08/2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quexinos (Post 182623)
I see you're making a thread in the intro and depart section. Lemme guess "I'm leaving because the staff sucks." I find it amusing that you don't like the very staff that let you get away with calling people fags, niggers, and various other forms of insults.

I don't see them needing to do much.

I should just call you a bitch a be done with it, because you act so dense it's hilarious. Since extenuating circumstances are going to keep me from coming here, and I've already request a ban, I certainly should. I wish I could say I was leaving because "OMG STAFF IZ SO MEANS" but I don't have that luxury.

Staff hasn't let me get away with shit, and every time I've outright flamed someone I was warned for it. So stuff it and keep it stuffed. Oh and for your information, the only person on staff that I supposedly don't "like"(even then that's going too far) is MOG, and I've mostly never been friendly with him in general.

I like a lot of the people on staff, but that's not a "OH I'LL AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE" pass.
Quote:

I like how people are just complaining for the sake of complaining
I wasn't, I just wanted an answer to a simple question and people just ducked and dodged for no reason.
Quote:

How many of you actually frequent the compilation sections?
I do.
Quote:

How many of you are actually bothered by the moderators who, really, are only just members with special privileges to keep things organized when they run out of hand?

I just wanted to know exactly why the guy was made a mod instead of just site staff. Especially when I heard that Tennyo was going to become a mod instead.
Quote:

It's only a moderator, lighten up. Besides, most of you have already indicated you don't like the site or how it's run, so do you actually care?
Lighten up? I'm sorry but where are the torches and pitchforks? The angry accusations and rage infused essays about how awful the site is? The fact is at best you guys got a handful of disgruntled members that make sarcastic remarks and quips when something they don't approve of happens suddenly for no reason. Fact is you guys have gotten off easy and things have never been as bad as both members and staff would like you to think.

Yes I cared, I do like this site, and I don't think I want to see it fail.

But it doesn't matter anymore, it just doesn't.

You guys can go ahead and ban me now.