The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New site staff and Mod, TresDias/Squall_of_SeeD (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=3342)

Isabella 11/08/2009 02:59 AM

This from a guy who never, ever spams.

Marauder 11/08/2009 03:00 AM

I'll say it again, I just like arguing. I guess in some circles it's considered trolling, but I am truly curious about the answers to the questions at this point.

Dacon? Spam? LOL!

Max Payne 11/08/2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella (Post 182606)
This from a guy who never, ever spams.

This from a woman who doesn't care.

Dashell 11/08/2009 04:15 AM

I love how a lot of you think Tres was modded ONLY because of his essays XD

ForceStealer 11/08/2009 04:22 AM

Now comes the "Because that's the only reason anyone has given" when people have said more than a few times now that he's active in the compilation sections (which, interestingly enough, most of the people against it do not frequent).

Perhaps more important than the frequency of his activity in those sections is the quality of his posts. I don't think I've seen him post anything yet that wasn't substantial and respectful.

Dashell 11/08/2009 04:33 AM

TBH, the one thing I do agree with is this place has too many admins and mods. I think 3 admins and maybe 3 mods would be plenty. This place doesn't get that much activity to have that many mods. But really I don't see a problem with Tres and I'm surprised so many people do.

Can't we just give him a chance? :(

Max Payne 11/08/2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Can't we just give him a chance?
Sure you can, I won't. I just wanted answer But not anymore, never did I cry "demod".

I think this just proves I shouldn't be here, given how instantly defensive, and reluctant you people are to cooperate in a simple conversation about the man's qualifications as a mod. But it extends much further than that small issue.

It's ironic though, seeing how right Isabella is about mods doing little in general.

Quote:

I love how a lot of you think Tres was modded ONLY because of his essays XD
Fault of the people that cited his essays and knowledge of Final Fantasy as the reasons he should be a mod.

Either way, I've been buttfucked by real life recently, so my concerns are elsewhere. Have fun with your dysfunctional staff kids.

Dashell 11/08/2009 04:43 AM

I see you're making a thread in the intro and depart section. Lemme guess "I'm leaving because the staff sucks." I find it amusing that you don't like the very staff that let you get away with calling people fags, niggers, and various other forms of insults.

Quote:

It's ironic though, seeing how right Isabella is about mods doing little in general.
I don't see them needing to do much.

Marauder 11/08/2009 07:27 AM

Are you saying that because they allow Dacon to be Dacon, he should like them? There's a flaw in your logic Quexinos.

Dashell 11/08/2009 07:50 AM

Well seeing as how they don't let other members just be other members and he got special treatment, I'm just surprised he's so against them.

Isabella 11/08/2009 08:10 AM

I wouldn't say he got special treatment. A lot of people here are shitty to others.

Dashell 11/08/2009 08:15 AM

Maybe that's part of the problem....

Isabella 11/08/2009 08:23 AM

I'd agree. But it's up to staff to set the tone they want for this place and be consistent about it. I do like that TresDias is level-headed and respectful. It's kinda refreshing.

Cthulhu 11/08/2009 09:28 AM

I like how people are just complaining for the sake of complaining here. How many of you actually frequent the compilation sections? How many of you are actually bothered by the moderators who, really, are only just members with special privileges to keep things organized when they run out of hand?

It's only a moderator, lighten up. Besides, most of you have already indicated you don't like the site or how it's run, so do you actually care?

(SPOILER) Admit it, you do, :monster:

This is one of the reason why staff is becoming more and more segregated from the members - whenever they do something (as per how the site is run etc), they get half a dozen members jumping on their neck.

Max Payne 11/08/2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quexinos (Post 182623)
I see you're making a thread in the intro and depart section. Lemme guess "I'm leaving because the staff sucks." I find it amusing that you don't like the very staff that let you get away with calling people fags, niggers, and various other forms of insults.

I don't see them needing to do much.

I should just call you a bitch a be done with it, because you act so dense it's hilarious. Since extenuating circumstances are going to keep me from coming here, and I've already request a ban, I certainly should. I wish I could say I was leaving because "OMG STAFF IZ SO MEANS" but I don't have that luxury.

Staff hasn't let me get away with shit, and every time I've outright flamed someone I was warned for it. So stuff it and keep it stuffed. Oh and for your information, the only person on staff that I supposedly don't "like"(even then that's going too far) is MOG, and I've mostly never been friendly with him in general.

I like a lot of the people on staff, but that's not a "OH I'LL AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE" pass.
Quote:

I like how people are just complaining for the sake of complaining
I wasn't, I just wanted an answer to a simple question and people just ducked and dodged for no reason.
Quote:

How many of you actually frequent the compilation sections?
I do.
Quote:

How many of you are actually bothered by the moderators who, really, are only just members with special privileges to keep things organized when they run out of hand?

I just wanted to know exactly why the guy was made a mod instead of just site staff. Especially when I heard that Tennyo was going to become a mod instead.
Quote:

It's only a moderator, lighten up. Besides, most of you have already indicated you don't like the site or how it's run, so do you actually care?
Lighten up? I'm sorry but where are the torches and pitchforks? The angry accusations and rage infused essays about how awful the site is? The fact is at best you guys got a handful of disgruntled members that make sarcastic remarks and quips when something they don't approve of happens suddenly for no reason. Fact is you guys have gotten off easy and things have never been as bad as both members and staff would like you to think.

Yes I cared, I do like this site, and I don't think I want to see it fail.

But it doesn't matter anymore, it just doesn't.

You guys can go ahead and ban me now.

Ravynne Nevyrmore 11/08/2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
But it's up to staff to set the tone they want for this place and be consistent about it.

Which, by the by, has not been the best of tones lately, with the actions and attitudes that have seemingly been permissible from members as of late. I thought respect of other members was a requirement, but it seems that if you make a few of the right people laugh, you can show disrespect to whomever you want.

Cthulhu 11/08/2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

I just wanted to know exactly why the guy was made a mod instead of just site staff.
Because we ('The Staff') considered him a good candidate. He would make good site staff, yeah, but I'm certain he's also good as a moderator, based on his posts here and the reputation that preceded him.

Quote:

Especially when I heard that Tennyo was going to become a mod instead.
She was? News to me, :monster:. Or I'm just not paying attention.

And I'm sorry for misreading ten pages of inquiries, quips, accusations and general disgruntlements as torches and pitchforks - I get that whenever we do something that may not appease the members as much.

Raquelborn 11/08/2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu (Post 182665)
This is one of the reason why staff is becoming more and more segregated from the members - whenever they do something (as per how the site is run etc), they get half a dozen members jumping on their neck.

Phrased like that, you're making it sound like it's the members' responsibility to ensure the staff are happy and feel accepted, when it's completely the other way round. It's the staff's responsibility to ensure that such segregation isn't taking place.

Cthulhu 11/08/2009 08:08 PM

Troof. But at the very least, members could say 'I don't like it personally, but I know you guys love us and have the best things in mind for the site, so I'll love you nevertheless, <3'. Or something to that effect.

But as I said (and repeated in the staff section), I warned 'em, :monster:. Next time something like this (i.e. assigning someone to staff without running it by the members first) happens, I'll say 'fuck you nigger' to Mako and point him to this thread and the disgruntlement by the members because of it.

Makoeyes987 11/08/2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu (Post 182717)
Troof. But at the very least, members could say 'I don't like it personally, but I know you guys love us and have the best things in mind for the site, so I'll love you nevertheless, <3'. Or something to that effect.

But as I said (and repeated in the staff section), I warned 'em, :monster:. Next time something like this (i.e. assigning someone to staff without running it by the members first) happens, I'll say 'fuck you nigger' to Mako and point him to this thread and the disgruntlement by the members because of it.

Oh BS. The entire summation of criticism here hasn't even been about a "heads up" and more along the lines of his "credentials" and why he was appointed in the first place. And way to go at blaming me, fucker. :monster:

Alex 11/08/2009 10:33 PM

Well it was probably your fault. tbf.

Makoeyes987 11/08/2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Weasley (Post 182733)
Well it was probably your fault. tbf.

:kermit:

Dashell 11/08/2009 10:41 PM

it's always Mako's fault :awesome:

Cookie Monster 11/08/2009 11:02 PM

These were my complaints in the staff section about his promotion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius Black (Post 182101)
Stop complaining and let the goddamn members know before he's appointed. It's this lack of communication between staff and the members base that creates drama.

Also, as awesome as this guys is, he only has 120 posts. Why the fuck is he being modded if he isn't active on the boards? Come on people, we don't need another Schala-Kitty around here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius Black (Post 182111)
Yes, but that doesn't mean he needs to be a mod here as all of his contributions really have nothing to do with forum itself, more so for the front site. I still don't understand why he's being modded if he never posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius Black (Post 182122)
Because post count = activity. He only has like 8 more posts than Schala, bro. The front site and forum are two seperate entities. I completely understand adding him to the Site Staff, but there's no valid reason to make him a mod if he's never going to be here to moderate the forum. I'd like to see him be more active here before we go about adding him as a Mod.

Hell, Tennyo or even Dacon (if he's willing to return) are more deserving of the position.

Like some of you here I have my argument with his promotion. But, given the fact he's already been staffed and considering his credentials I think we should give him a chance to prove himself as a moderator.

Marauder 11/08/2009 11:04 PM

Road, ilu. <33

Alex 11/08/2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Tennyo, dacon or even Alex
BOOM BOOM POW

Alessa Gillespie 11/08/2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Hell, Tennyo or even Dacon (if he's willing to return) are more deserving of the position.
I would have rather had Tennyo as a mod cause FSM knows she's a sweetheart and she'd look at all the issues at hand in an argument.

I'm fine with SoS/Tres being a mod, but I just don't know him that well, and that concerns me as a member. I don't know if he'd suddenly flip shit and ban everyone or if he'd be just as objective as Ten. So that's why I bitched/mocked.

Dashell 11/08/2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

I should just call you a bitch a be done with it, because you act so dense it's hilarious. Since extenuating circumstances are going to keep me from coming here, and I've already request a ban, I certainly should. I wish I could say I was leaving because "OMG STAFF IZ SO MEANS" but I don't have that luxury.

Staff hasn't let me get away with shit, and every time I've outright flamed someone I was warned for it. So stuff it and keep it stuffed. Oh and for your information, the only person on staff that I supposedly don't "like"(even then that's going too far) is MOG, and I've mostly never been friendly with him in general.
The thing is I don't need you to tell me I'm being a bitch, I'm fully aware that I'm being a bitch.

Look if stuff IRL is bothering you, then I'm sorry if I made things worse. I was just surprised to see you of all people complaining about the staff. You certainly have that right but I'm going to have to disagree.

So don't take anything personally, okay? I certainly never did when you reacted to me. TBH I think you're a pretty good member here and I never really had a problem with you.

So can we call a truce before you leave? I don't want you to leave hating me or anything.

Marauder 11/08/2009 11:58 PM

How big of your ego to assume that you're making things worse :monster:

Dashell 11/09/2009 12:00 AM

I said "IF" I made things worse, IF. :awesomonster:

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood (Post 182764)
I'm fine with SoS/Tres being a mod, but I just don't know him that well, and that concerns me as a member. I don't know if he'd suddenly flip shit and ban everyone or if he'd be just as objective as Ten. So that's why I bitched/mocked.

Wow, you really think we'd appointment a madman like that? You make it sound like he's a possible Sinfinity. Not only is that highly unlikely, but he's only a mod. If for some bizarre reason he flipped, an admin would be more than able to undo it, and punish such an egregious act.

You may not know him, but we do, and that's...kinda paranoid. He's not Vossler/Q/Sinfinity :monster:

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quexinos (Post 182770)
I said "IF" I made things worse, IF. :awesomonster:

IF still implies some sort of responsibility :monster:

Alex 11/09/2009 12:04 AM

I think staff didn't appoint Tennyo because she was a woman and they're a group of sexist cowboys on a power trip.

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Weasley (Post 182773)
I think staff didn't appoint Tennyo because she was a woman and they're a group of sexist cowboys on a power trip.

You're right! You're so right!

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos (Post 182767)
How big of your ego to assume that you're making things worse :monster:

That post had nothing to do with you. Quit antagonizing and speaking of her ego. This thread's been off topic enough as is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Weasley (Post 182773)

See, it's this cutting perception of yours that keeps you out of staff Alex. You know too much. :awesome:

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:09 AM

A lot of posts have nothing to do with anyone, but you don't see admin attention brought directly to those posts.

The Man 11/09/2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravynne (Post 182680)
Which, by the by, has not been the best of tones lately, with the actions and attitudes that have seemingly been permissible from members as of late. I thought respect of other members was a requirement, but it seems that if you make a few of the right people laugh, you can show disrespect to whomever you want.

Really now, you're expecting a staff whose most active admin flames in virtually every fifth post he makes to enforce no-flaming rules?

Alex 11/09/2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos (Post 182782)
A lot of posts have nothing to do with anyone, but you don't see admin attention brought directly to those posts.

It's because they don't like you, it means they'll be on your back more.

Bex 11/09/2009 12:11 AM

Mako's text is now bold. Shit just got real.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quexinos (Post 182766)
The thing is I don't need you to tell me I'm being a bitch, I'm fully aware that I'm being a bitch.

So don't take anything personally, okay? I certainly never did when you reacted to me. TBH I think you're a pretty good member here and I never really had a problem with you.

So can we call a truce before you leave? I don't want you to leave hating me or anything.

Don't give yourself too much credit love. You're getting defensive over an internet forum; there weren't even any witty quips in your posts. Mate, you're not legendary enough to be a bitch.

Man up and step up to the plate, watching you brown nose the staff is about as appealing as ice fishing in a 40 year old hooker's fanny.

Also, I would like to wholeheartedly commend Road for his opposition. love love.

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:11 AM

That's what I get for joining the kool kidz klub ;-;

KissTheRain 11/09/2009 12:12 AM

Really i'm not totally informed on what are the qualifications for a good mod, I just figured someone who is one a good amount of time, is good at dealing with bullshit drama and making decisions, has decent enough posts and understands what the forum is ever about. Though i'm not on staff so I don't know why they chose SoS, but i'm sure there is some good enough reason that i probably missed while skimming.

Alessa Gillespie 11/09/2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako Eyes (Post 182771)
Wow, you really think we'd appointment a madman like that? You make it sound like he's a possible Sinfinity. Not only is that highly unlikely, but he's only a mod. If for some bizarre reason he flipped, an admin would be more than able to undo it, and punish such an egregious act.

You may not know him, but we do, and that's...kinda paranoid. He's not Vossler/Q/Sinfinity :monster:

They appoint people like you, rite? :monster:

But I don't actually think he'd suddenly ban people, I just don't know how fair he is in arguments and giving credit to both sides.

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood (Post 182788)
They appoint people like you, rite? :monster:

I just knew you were gonna say that :monster:

Quote:

But I don't actually think he'd suddenly ban people, I just don't know how fair he is in arguments and giving credit to both sides.
From past experience and encounters, he's more than fair, and if there's a problem that's what the rest of staff is for.

Alex 11/09/2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

if there's a problem that's what the rest of staff is for.
That well-respected, reknowned problem solving think tank that we all trust to not cock things up?

:monster:

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:21 AM

Alex wins the forum.

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Weasley (Post 182790)
That well-respected, reknowned problem solving think tank that we all trust to not cock things up?

:monster:

Yes.

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:28 AM

so liek...that response totally answered some questions, and shit.

Bex 11/09/2009 12:28 AM

OMG MOG, you're really setting a good example for staff responding to members' criticisms and opinions.
Good lord, I wish every staffer were as intuitive and eloquent as you.

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermione Granger (Post 182797)
OMG MOG, you're really setting a good example for staff responding to members' criticisms and opinions.
Good lord, I wish every staffer were as intuitive and eloquent as you.

yeah

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:31 AM

Totally.

The Man 11/09/2009 12:33 AM

This is clearly a staff where people don't understand the purpose of constructive criticism and/or sarcasm :monster:

Alex 11/09/2009 12:34 AM

Best tred evar!!!!!

Cat Rage Room 11/09/2009 12:34 AM

with that said im gonna pop out gotta grab a hoagie and get ready for work tomorrow

Marauder 11/09/2009 12:35 AM

Thanks for your input. It was enlightening.

Ryushikaze 11/09/2009 01:13 AM

Y'know, sometimes, I think the Koolaid club around here doesn't really get just how laid back the staff actually is.

And for what it's worth, SoS is not some mere flash in the pan. Yes, he's new to TLS, but he's hardly new to this community, and many folks here are familiar with him from as far back as 2005. In all that time, he has always been well reasoned, slow to anger, equal in judgement, and generally trustworthy.

And let me just state this- The quickest way to ensure you never get a moderator hood, on this or any other forum, is to act too eager to get it.

Marauder 11/09/2009 01:14 AM

Secretly, I cry myself to sleep at night because I'm not a moderator of such a great forum. /wrists

The Man 11/09/2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryushikaze (Post 182812)
Y'know, sometimes, I think the Koolaid club around here doesn't really get just how laid back the staff actually is.

Please, elucidate for me where people have been complaining that the staff isn't laid back enough. If anything, I've seen people complaining that they're too laid back - a charge I don't agree with, incidentally, but it bears pointing out.

Quote:

Yes, he's new to TLS, but he's hardly new to this community, and many folks here are familiar with him from as far back as 2005.
Haven't you been emphasising from the start of this forum's beginning how this isn't ACF? Please, elucidate what caused this shift in thinking.

Quote:

In all that time, he has always been well reasoned, slow to anger, equal in judgement, and generally trustworthy.
So you're basing your decision on behaviour from years ago, then? Since clearly he hasn't been a member of TLS long enough for you to get any accurate idea of how he fits into this community.

Quote:

And let me just state this- The quickest way to ensure you never get a moderator hood, on this or any other forum, is to act too eager to get it.
It's kind of hard for for TLS staff to defend that position when the whole reason half the people on your staff are there is because they asked to be. But really, the only people on TLS who've acted eager for a staff position are Vendel (ahahahaha) and Quexinos.

Ryushikaze 11/09/2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos (Post 182813)
Secretly, I cry myself to sleep at night because I'm not a moderator of such a great forum. /wrists

I'm sure a lot of people have that problem, emo duck.

Alessa Gillespie 11/09/2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryushikaze (Post 182816)
I'm sure a lot of people have that problem, emo duck.

...do ducks even have wrists to slit?

The Man 11/09/2009 01:21 AM

It was my distinct impression that wrists required hands. Which ducks obviously don't have.