The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   So What's Next? (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=5373)

Cat Rage Room 08/13/2010 05:21 AM

So What's Next?

The Compilation is dead (for now), the Staff here are bored to tears and none of us are really motivated, there's really no new activity or fresh members, and the board and the community grows further and further away from FF every day.

As it stands, the place is still active and everyone is having fun, but in the long run, what's next? It honestly can only go on like this for so long before it just fizzles out. Personally, I don't really know. What should we do? We were talking in the Staff forum about how to address things and how we should organize ourselves, but overall, the fire is hard to keep alive right now.

I always want this sites focus to be Final Fantasy. We've already built so much; it would be a shame to let it all go to waste, and I think that we could really build on that further, we just need to possibly refocus our efforts? What do you guys think we should do?

Personally, Mako and I thought it would be pretty rad to turn our attention to the older, classic Final Fantasies.

ShuShu 08/13/2010 05:30 AM

You interrupted my fake beauty pageant for this?

Well, anyway.

In terms of the forum's quality, yeah alot of stuff has been translated, hosted, and given to fans of Final Fantasy, and it would be a major waste to let all that die out.

Not to mention the moderators at least seem to care what happens to this place.

Quote:

Personally, Mako and I thought it would be pretty rad to turn our attention to the older, classic Final Fantasies.
Not only would that create alot of new things to talk about, and also host on your frontpages, but it might attract members who are more partial to other Final Fantasy games.

I say go for it. Final Fantasy 7 has been talked about to death and back.

Max Caulfield 08/13/2010 05:42 AM

What do you mean the Compilation is dead? We still have the LTD! :awesome:

I think that opening the site up to talk about other FF games is a great idea! Would it be all of them, or just the older ones?

Dashell 08/13/2010 05:42 AM

Define classics, I haven't played any before 7

The Man 08/13/2010 05:46 AM

I might be willing to do FF6 content depending on how bored I get. I've done quite a bit with rom hacking programs in addition to playing it obsessively several years ago so I'm pretty familiar with the content, even if I haven't done anything in awhile. I'd also be willing to work with hito or someone on a retranslation project; I actually already started a semi-retranslation project myself that I intended to be halfway between Woolsey's and Sky Render's before getting bored with it and abandoning it. If there were more interest though I'd probably be able to pick it back up.

Other than that there are lots of things I could do to the boards to liven them up given the power, but I don't know if any of them would be related to Final Fantasy.

edit: I should clarify, though, that the programs I used were pre-made for hacking FFVI; I haven't done any ASM work on my own.

Dashell 08/13/2010 05:47 AM

It's not a bad idea to have a section for hacking actually :D

Max Caulfield 08/13/2010 05:49 AM

I'd be interested in learning how to hack. :whistle:

ShuShu 08/13/2010 05:50 AM

Well that took two seconds to go off-topic xD

I'd like to see Final Fantasy 4-6.

Anything about them.

Makoeyes987 08/13/2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quexinos (Post 252942)
Define classics, I haven't played any before 7

YOU GO TO YOUR FUCKING ROOM RIGHT NOW AND PLAY THE CLASSICS. NO DESSERT FOR YOU UNTIL YOU'RE DONE, MISSY.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

Celes Chere 08/13/2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

I'd like to see Final Fantasy 4 & 6.
Fixed.

Max Caulfield 08/13/2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob Saibot (Post 252951)
YOU GO TO YOUR FUCKING ROOM RIGHT NOW AND PLAY THE CLASSICS. NO DESSERT FOR YOU UNTIL YOU'RE DONE, MISSY.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

I probably shouldn't tell you that I haven't played any of the classics except for I and III and I can't remember really anything of them...

Yep, I probably shouldn't tell you that.

Dashell 08/13/2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob Saibot (Post 252951)

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

Am I allowed to go to work tomorrow? :(

Also, a section for hacking WOULD be neat, I know Rob had done some stuff in FFX, and it was pretty neat :shifty: I think it was stuff we all knew but I still liked it. I could submit all that stuff if I still have it.

Cat Rage Room 08/13/2010 06:05 AM

Yeah I honestly think everyone who hasn't played the classes should do so immediately. Grab an SNES, download a ROM, whatever.

Speaking of which, making that move would attract a lot of new blood.

As far as my ideas go, I think coverage on the plot/character details is always welcome. I've always wanted to see some the creation materials for the older ones translated if possible, and FFII even has a mini-novel. I think we should also maintain a focus on the gameplay; we might be able to ask Dijbriel, resident god of the FF classics, namely FFVI, for that.

Celes Chere 08/13/2010 06:07 AM

People that haven't played FFVI? You're not welcome here, quit the internet. =/ I love all of the classics. Focusing on them is an excellent idea, imo. A lot of us thought FFXIII would be a big deal... but really, it wasn't, lol.

The Man 08/13/2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mia Fey (Post 252952)
Fixed.

Not fixed. FF5 was also awesome. The story may have felt a bit lacking the first time one played it but the second time reveals that it has more depth than is initially apparent, and in every other aspect it's more or less the equal of the other games.

That said, I think we should focus on one game at a time, and FFVI is the natural choice. Although really, whichever game gets the next remake is probably the one we should focus on.