View Single Post
Old 05/24/2018   #279
Ergo

Clement Rage wrote: Traveller does not seem like some unscrupulous 'anything to win' person. He's quiet and contemplative, intending on going on a pilgrimage for his dead friends. If he was materialistic, he'd just charge for his items, instead he gives them away for a guidebook and a rose, clearly he's not interested in money.

He doesn't say 'go kill the the most powerful monsters you can find' either, he just says he wants specific items, probably that have some kind of sentimental value to him. He doesn't know that the most dangerous monsters in the world have a thing for rare flora and music.

You don't just wake up one morning and think. You know what I would love to trade this super rare materia for?? A very specific rose! I don't know where it is or who holds it but I'm certain someone in the world will find this one item I have no background information on.

He asks for these items because he knows what and where they are and who holds them!

Unlike Joe who only knows to stick his arse in the air while sprinting to the finishing line.

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
f a n c y (05/24/2018)