View Single Post
Old 07/14/2018   #37
X-SOLDIER

Cthulhu wrote:
Literally Who? wrote: Also that private feedback section massively broke in the move to XF lol. Will flattening out the permissions and stuff fix it or will there need to be code black magic stuff to get it going?
I'll have to look into it, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of just redoing the permissions and it's just the migration that didn't work quite right for that. Honestly I feel that and the fact every old member got their posts marked as spam were the only snags in this whole thing from a technical POV.
I think that there was probably a relatively simple fuck-up on that end.

When we first tested it, all the general users had access to ALL THE THINGS there, but my Admin account (that otherwise had permissions to literally everything else) couldn't see a damn thing in there at all. Then, when I just created my own thread – I could only ever see my own thread, which is how it ought to function for standard users... just backwards.

As such, it seems like there's probably an elegant way to fix whatever permission fucked that up, and get it back to working the same way it does here with very little headache.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Cthulhu (07/15/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/14/2018)