View Single Post
Old 01/17/2011   #13
Rumpelstiltskin

Karaoke magic OVA

Castiel watched from his office door as the club bouncers took care of the remaining stragglers at the bar. Between mixed grumbles and the infrequent scuffle the humans slowly began pouring out. “Boss were ready to lock up, Reggie checked everything and were all secure.” Said his head bouncer who appeared from the darkness like some kind of ninja. “Thanks Joe, take whatever the bar made in tips tonight and go have a good time. You guys worked well tonight and I appreciate all the help” Castiel said with a wicked smile. Joe merely nodded in response and disappeared like the ninja bastard he was. Castiel always liked Joe, calm cool and collected with the physical power that snapping a man’s neck would be like swatting a fly. An ideal employee.

As the last of his staff left the club, Castiel vaulted the handrail in front of him and dropped to the floor of the club below. The music was no longer booming and his head no longer throbbed as a result, as he neared the door all he could think about was locking up quick, grabbing a bottle from the bar then passing out downstairs in bed.
As he began fumbling with his keys and the locks of the right hand door, Castiel swore he could hear people outside talking. “Of course he is going to be in, where the fuck else would that rat bastard be” The voice was irritated and loud quickly followed by another timid voice “Maybe we should have called first, it looks like it’s closed” the third voice was easy enough to pinpoint “Nah man, my bro Castiel will still be awake. YO CASS OPEN UP!!!”

Castiel wrenched the other door open to see Fiona, Thetis and Kram in the door’s alcove. Fiona looking like usual her usual attractive annoyed self, Thetis looking worried at what Fiona might do next and finally Kram. With a quick right hook Castiel sent his friend flying backwards with little to no effort. “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? YOU WANNA WAKE EVERY GOD DAMN HUMAN IN A MILES RADIUS!!!.” Trying to compose himself he flicked the dead bolt of the door he had just tried to lock and opened it wider. “Hey Fiona, Thetis. Come on in before the moron out there wakes up the entire city.” Castiel watched as Fiona’s ill-tempered mood soon switched to a grin. Thetis however began switching her worried look between Fiona and Kram.

As Fiona and Thetis made their way inside, Castiel leaned against the doorframe and watched as Kram thrashed on the ground in annoyance. “What the hell man! Why did you have to go and hit me so hard, I was just trying to make sure you were up is all!” Castiel merely grinned in response as he watched his friend get back on his feet. As Kram neared he could see how hard he was trying to keep a scowl on his face, when eventually he was face-to-face with him however Castiel merely looped his arm around his friends neck and dragged him inside laughing.

The door’s swung shut with a deafening thud as he and Kram made their way inside, Fiona and Thetis had already made themselves at home with Fiona behind the bar drinking from one of the most expensive bottles of champagne the club had on offer while Thetis sat with a soft drink. “No no no, please I insist, make yourselves at home. Have a drink from the bar, put your feet up and relax” Castiel muttered with a note of sarcasm. Fiona didn’t even pause as she necked the bottle but instead flipped him off and appeared to grin while doing so. “So what brings you guys to my end of the woods, not that im complaining mind you. Gets pretty boring being surrounded by humans all day long.” Castiel asked inquisitively to the group. Kram took the opportunity to break out the headlock and jump onto the bar. “Were having a party!” was the answer Kram gave. “A party huh? With just the four of us?” Castiel laughed as he spoke but was quickly interrupted by Fiona who, looking slightly more flushed than normal had finished the champagne and was ready to speak “Tch yeah like im that fucking lucky. Thetis called Kerr and he said he would get everyone else and meet us here. Fucking dark eyed bastard can’t let me enjoy my buzz in peace….Hiccup!” Castiel couldn’t help but laugh again watching Fiona’s face become more and more scarlet as she tried to speak. Even Thetis nearly choked on her soft drink while watching Fiona hiccup away. As Castiel watched Fiona fumble through the remaining bottles of champagne he made his way around the bar and grabbed four glasses. “Maybe we should try drinking from glasses huh Fiona?” expecting a backlash of insults thrown at him Castiel was taken aback when Fiona actually smiled and nodded.

An hour passed and both Thetis and Kram were rolling on the floor with laughter as Fiona swayed back and forth trying to convince everyone that she was graceful enough to dance like the scantily dressed humans who usually came to the club. All the while Castiel was behind the DJ booth looking for something that might make the night more fun.
“Yes, found it!” Castiel emerged from the booth triumphantly holding two microphones in his hand as the monitors above the booth erupted into life with the words KARAOKE MAGIC. Thetis who was on her fourth glass of champagne literally squealed with delight as the drunken Fiona fell to the floor with a large thud.

As Castiel grinned at his friends he noted that they weren’t the only ones in the club, looking to the door he watched as Lokka and Kerr sauntered in quickly followed by the remaining Destrillians. Nodding in acknowledgement to Lokka, Castiel smiled as he watched the Destrillians enter the club one after another. “KERR YOU BASTARD!!” was the only audible greeting Fiona chose to give as she staggered her way towards the door only to be stopped and held up by Thetis. “Glad you guys could make it, party is just about to begin” Castiel smiled happily as one by one his friends made their way inside.

Castiel couldn’t help but notice that Idris, Emma and Terra all seemed somewhat different in appearance, looking at them carefully it took a few seconds for his semi-drunk mind to properly note that each of them had turned up wearing makeup and new clothing. It was easy to say that more than just a few of the male Destrillians had taken note of this and were passing occasionally glances in their directions. “I need a drink” was the only greeting Kerr gived and soon marched by Castiel and copied Fiona’s example by helping himself to whatever was behind the bar. Lokka however made his way over and shook hands with Castiel before giving his own greeting “Hey, thanks for inviting us. It’s good to wind down like this once and a while.” Staring at a half asleep Kram who had only drank a glass and a half of champagne Lokka merely laughed “Take it we have a bit of catching up to do?”

Castiel braved Kerr’s ever present bad mood and entered the bar behind him “Hey if you wanna take a seat with the everyone else I’ll bring over a case of champagne and some glasses” Kerr only gave a loud gruff and walked away choosing to take Castiel’s words as instructions to take the furthest away seat from everyone else while securing himself a large bottle of champagne. The group all began talking loudly and in-between Fiona’s stumbling and Kram’s snoring Castiel managed to make sure everyone had a drink before making his way back up to the DJ booth. “Ladies and Gentleman, Destrillians of all ages! Thank you all for invading my club and drinking all my booze, now for your entertainment tonight I give you KARAOKE!!” Castiel’s voice boomed over the speakers in the club and woke Kram with a start. “So who’s first?” Castiel watched as Lokka turned away pretending not to have heard him while the others merely gave looks ranging from excitement to pure fear. “I-I-IM gONNMA DO ET!” Fiona stammered as she tried to push away from Thetis and make her way to the DJ booth. Castiel helped her climb the stairs and handed her the mike “So what do you wanna sing?” Fiona laughed loudly and whispered into Castiel’s ear before he too laughed out loudly.

As Castiel entered the song into the system Fiona propped herself against the booth and cleared her throat, obviously her inebriation made her a little less violent. Very slowly she got into the groove of the song and was soon belting out Love is a burning thing and it makes a fiery ring bound by wild desire I fell into a ring of fire. I fell into a burning ring of fire I went down, down, down and the flames went higher and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire the ring of fire. I fell into a burning ring of fire I went down, down, down and the flames went higher and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire the ring of fire. The taste of love is sweet when hearts like ours meet I fell for you like a child oh, but the fire went wild. I fell into a burning ring of fire I went down, down, down and the flames went higher and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire the ring of fire. I fell into a burning ring of fire I went down, down, down and the flames went higher and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire the ring of fire. And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire the ring of fire the ring of fire the ring of fire”one by one Castiel watched as each of the Destrillians got the joke and in turn started laughing. All except Thetis of course who seemed to have a love struck look across her face the entire song.

As the song ended, Fiona did a final salute to her Destrillian brethren by face planting while descending the steps. Between muffled laughs and venomous glares from Thetis, Castiel watched as the water Destrillian made sure Fiona was ok before taking the mike herself. Whispering her song choice to Castiel he couldn’t help but blush and hold back a large snort of laughter. The other Destrillians all seemed eager to find out what song the semi-timid Thetis would pick and as Castiel began to play the song Thetis shocked everyone by pointing to Fiona and singing I'm saying all the things that I know you'll like making good conversation I gotta handle you just right You know what I mean I took you to an intimate restaurant then to a suggestive movie there's nothing left to talk about unless it's horizontally. Let's get physical, physical I wanna get physical Let's get into physical Let me hear your body talk, your body talk Let me hear your body talk” It seemed every Destrillian present was in shock, no-one expected this from Thetis let alone her being so good at singing it. “I've been patient, I've been good tried to keep my hands on the table It's gettin' hard this holdin' back If you know what I mean. I'm sure you'll understand my point of view we know each other mentally you gotta know that you're bringin' out the animal in me. Let's get physical, physical I wanna get physical let's get into physical let me hear your body talk, your body talk let me hear your body talk. Let's get physical, physical I wanna get physical let's get into physical let me hear your body talk, your body talk let me hear your body talk. Let's get physical, physical I wanna get physical let's get into physical let me hear your body talk, your body talk let me hear your body talk. Let's get animal, animal I wanna get animal let's get into animal let me hear your body talk let me hear your body talk.” Thetis put the mike down on the DJ booth tabletop and nodded her thanks to Castiel, the moment she turned to face the remaining Destrillians they all erupted in cheers (all except Kerr) with her face flushed and Fiona leering at her, Thetis made her way back to the table and proceeded to chug three glasses of bubbly.

Castiel laughed and waited to see if anyone else would make their way to sing, however none came. Not wanting to end the hilarity for the night he picked the mike up himself and began his own choice in song Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try no hell below us above us only sky imagine all the people living for today. Imagine there's no countries it isn't hard to do nothing to kill or die for and no religion too imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one. Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can no need for greed or hunger a brotherhood of man imagine all the people sharing all the world. You may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one.” Castiel stopped singing and looked to his friends for their reactions. Most had blank looks across their faces and Emma even had tears in her eyes. Very slowly he placed the microphone down and followed Thetis by grabbing a bottle of champagne and proceeding to drown his sorrows.

Kram was the first to break the silence “What the hell, that really mellowed my mood Cass! Come on you got to have Eurasia on that thing?” Castiel just let his friend bound towards the DJ booth and find a song. He sat down on the couch next to Fiona and was impressed when the fire Destrillian rolled her head and patted him on the shoulder “Nice song, fucking depressing but nice song” Cass merely smiled back and took the compliment, Fiona rarely gave any so he would take anything he got. The tender moment was quickly ruined however as Kram begin his own interpretation of a classic I can show you the world Shining, shimmering, splendid Tell me, princess, now when did You last let your heart decide? I can open your eyes Take you wonder by wonder Over, sideways and under On a magic carpet ride A whole new world A new fantastic point of view No one to tell us no Or where to go Or say we're only dreaming” That was as far as Kram got, without even seeing her move Fiona had managed to grab Kram by the neck and was in the process of beating his head off the wall when Lokka took the mike from him.As Fiona continued to beat Kram’s head against the wall Lokka merely walked behind them both in his usual non chalant manner and began fiddling with the controls. Castiel watched as the white heaired Destrillian took his time to peruse every song the machine had on offer. Castiel had always known Lokka as being a quiet and reserved individual, joining the party late castiel thought his friend would have to be a drunken mess before he would ever sing. Low and behold though, the guitar started playing and the sound of drums began to beat, everyone there knew the song and each grinned in turn (except Kerr) Just a small town girl living in a lonely world she took the midnight train going anywhere just a city boy born and raised in south detroit he took the midnight train going anywhere. A singer in a smoky room a smell of wine and cheap perfume for a smile they can share the night it goes on and on and on and on. Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard their shadows searching in the night streetlight people, living just to find emotion hiding somewhere in the night. Working hard to get my fill everybody wants a thrill paying anything to roll the dice just one more time some will win, some will lose some were born to sing the blues oh the movie never ends it goes on and on and on and on. Don't stop believing hold on to that feeling streetlight people!” Once again the group began to applaud Lokka, he did the song justice and caused everyone to start talking about what they too were going to sing.Castiel looked over his friends faces, each seemed to be having a good time and even though it hadn’t been him who had the idea originally he was glad they all had came. As the mix of alcohol and singing filled the night each Destrillian laughed until tears fell from their faces until finally the sun began to rise. With the rising sun Emma was the first to announce her departure, Terra followed suit soon after and Castiel thanked everyone for coming. One by one the Destrillians all began leaving the club, both Lokka and Kerr had their hands full carrying Kram who after being thrown across the club by Fiona for his song choice had chosen to drinking more than singing. “Hi-Hi-Hiccup! Cass! Ma-Man! Yeah that was awesome, lets sing a duet!” Kram began stammering as Lokka and Kerr dragged him from his seat to the door. “I think the only place you should be heading is bed.” Lokka despite drinking heavily still seemed as straight edged as always. “Just let him sleep it off here, I’ll let him take the couch when I head down to sleep.” Castiel replied. That was all Kerr needed to hear and with a thud he dropped the darkness Destrillian and made his way to the doorway turning only for a second to mumble “Thanks for the party” before making his way out. Lokka merely shrugged and nodded to Castiel who in turn nodded back and smiled. Now all that remained in the club was him and Kram, picking up the gibbering Destrillian he carried his friend over his shoulder and up through his office till he reached the staircase down to his private quarters. Through the drunken mumblings of Kram, Castiel could swear he was hearing something. Kicking open the doorway to the stairs the noise became more pronounced, cautiously taking his steps he slowly descended and looked around the open floored living quarters to find the source of the noise. “Put me down man I can hi-cup walk” was the only thing Kram could say as he was carried downward. As Castiel placed his foot on the cold concrete floor of his home he finally realised the noise. Looking towards his bed he could see the covers in disarray with two sets of legs writhing under it. Thinking back to who had left Castiel did a mental “Oh Shit!” before turning back around and carrying Kram back upstairs. Before the door separating his office and home closed Castiel could only bite his lip as Thetis erupted in ecstacy filling both his downstairs home and office and as a result grabbing Kram’s attention. “Huh!? Theti-s Cous huh what’s gouin on huh!” Castiel swore under his breath as the next sound that erupted from downstairs was Fiona’s “WHO THE FUCK IS THERE!!!” Castiel merely shut the door and ran as fast as he could hoping to catch up with Lokka before Fiona got a hold of him or Kram. As he kicked door after door open trying to escape his own home Castiel resorted to biting his lip to stop himself from laughing hysterically at what had occurred. They might not be related by blood but these people were his family and he was glad to have them close by…even if he now needed to buy new sheets.

Thanked by 6:
Baldy (01/18/2011), Bex (01/17/2011), Hisako (01/17/2011), Joe (01/18/2011), Sheva Alomar (01/17/2011), Super Mario (01/22/2011)