View Single Post
Old 08/10/2018   #353
X-SOLDIER

Lex wrote: I'm prodding about in the junkyard and once again baffled by the amount of mixed up shit in there. For context there's a mix of actual spam and legit posts from newbies that the Check For Spam service has dumped in there, and because it's gone to the junkyard it's not been checked by anyone. So we've potentially lost members because of it. It's not anybody's fault but the system's really, but it's still a downer because I actually want to "approve" a shitload of the threads in there but you'd be seeing a thousand threads of "hi I'm this person and I thought this FF news was really interesting" threads going all the way back to 2011. But I don't want to delete them.

Thankfully XF has a super obvious moderation queue. vB really is a dick, I'm glad we're moving :/
A lot of those legit posts from non-spambot users ended up reposting within a couple minutes without the links and whatnot that got them flagged, so approving those posts in the Junkyard were irrelevant almost immediately and thus just left there, because restoring them would result in duplicates. I've tried to keep a close eye on things that ended up there, but I am quite glad we're finally moving to a system that'll hopefully be a little bit less shit at telling spambots and users apart & letting us deal with them accordingly.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
CrashOuch (08/10/2018)