Thread: Our Site
View Single Post
Old 04/22/2013   #62
Flintlock

Ygritte wrote: Try this? http://i.imgur.com/XRUSMlW.jpg
You think we should have three articles horizontally underneath the top story before we have some vertically as well? I suppose that could work. I'd be inclined to have descriptions on the horizontal articles, but not for the vertical ones underneath, to avoid it becoming too cluttered. I would probably also remove the recent article highlights section and return to having the most recently updated forum posts there, if we are going to keep that section.

In fact, I can see that layout looking pretty good. I can knock up a proper draft of it sometime this week, so we can see it side-by-side with my first one and make a decision on which one to proceed with.

I can see what you were going for with the Happening Now bar, but I think we'd risk simply duplicating our top stories there most of the time, as we don't actually have that many "events" to broadcast. That's why I think we should switch it off when nothing is happening, so that it actually grabs a bit of attention when it is there (and when it is active, we could have it visible on all our posts, if we wanted to).
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Fangu (04/22/2013), Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/30/2013), Lex (04/22/2013), Shademp (04/22/2013), The Twilight Mexican (04/22/2013), X-SOLDIER (04/24/2013)