Thread: Our Site
View Single Post
Old 04/28/2013   #66
Flintlock

^ I agree that current page design being quite long, with a low information density at the top, which was something I sought to address with my first draft. The community news banner (or the "happening now" bar, as we call it) takes up a fair amount of space, but if it can be disabled when it's not in use, then that won't be much of a problem. I experimented with a new location for it in my second draft, which is largely based on Fangu's mock-up.

Now that it's ready, I think I prefer the first draft, but working on this has given me some more ideas which I'd like to incorporate into a "compromise" layout. I like the forum box on this version, for example. Instead of returning the most recently active threads on the whole forum - which creates the problems I described earlier - now it fetches the one most recently active thread from each of our Final Fantasy sub-forums. They are the ones we want to be promoting to our visitors, after all, and unlike General Discussion, they're available to view without needing to be logged in.

Last edited by Flintlock; 04/28/2013 at 08:09 PM.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Fangu (04/28/2013), Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/30/2013), The Twilight Mexican (04/29/2013)