The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Random History

Random History Random old stuff that wasn't good enough for the top level of the archive.

Old 10/25/2010   #1531
null

Zee wrote: the point remains the visual/musical cue was geared towards an aeris cameo in that scene. personally i find the switch in music unnecessary and confusing because that song has very little to do with c/t and is actually a pretty creepy tune. a variation on tifa's theme would have made a lot more sense imo. especially since it would have been a throwback to when her theme merged with cloud's/the world theme in the ending of FF7, when he caught her in time. since he was "late", her melody solo would have fit a little better.

/music nerd
Yeah that happens when you make your character artist direct your movie instead of hiring a professional.
Old 10/25/2010   #1532
ForceStealer

Because the "professionals" have such a great track record with video game movies so far.

$5,000,000 says that if they used Tifa's theme people would bitch about using it again after they just used it when she and Marlene entered the church.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Thanked by 4:
Makoeyes987 (10/25/2010), The Mad King (10/26/2010), The Twilight Mexican (10/25/2010), Tifaeria (10/26/2010)
Old 10/25/2010   #1533
Tifabelle

I'm sure some folks had a problem with them using Tifa's theme in Aerith's church...pssht.

Anxious Heart was good. I don't think Tifa's theme would have made much sense.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (10/25/2010)
Old 10/25/2010   #1534
Splintered

ForceStealer wrote: Because the "professionals" have such a great track record with video game movies so far.
ikr?

Besides that's the point of compilation, Square's attempt to try different mediums and genres.

Old 10/25/2010   #1535
null

ForceStealer wrote: Because the "professionals" have such a great track record with video game movies so far.
Fine, get a film school dropout. I'm sure you're not seriously suggesting that AC's nonsensical mess couldn't be vastly improved with some director savvy.
Old 10/25/2010   #1536
ForceStealer

I don't really see a precedent for why it would be. Say what you want about AC/C, its still one of the better video game movies out there. In fact, it might even be the best...I can't think of a single one that I have bothered to watch twice.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Old 10/25/2010   #1537
Makoeyes987

null wrote: Fine, get a film school dropout. I'm sure you're not seriously suggesting that AC's nonsensical mess couldn't be vastly improved with some director savvy.
The one's available would probably make it worst.

The one's who would make it better, probably couldn't give a rats ass about a video game movie.

See the dilemma here?
Thanked by 4:
ForceStealer (10/25/2010), Sigbru (10/26/2010), The Twilight Mexican (10/25/2010), Tifaeria (10/26/2010)
Old 10/25/2010   #1538
null

Smooth Criminal wrote: The one's available would probably make it worst.

The one's who would make it better, probably couldn't give a rats ass about a video game movie.

See the dilemma here?
As evidenced by that long, well-known list of directors approached by SE who turned it down. I mean Nomura was just the very last resort, right?

Come on dude.
Old 10/25/2010   #1539
Makoeyes987

null wrote: As evidenced by that long, well-known list of directors approached by SE who turned it down. I mean Nomura was just the very last resort, right?

Come on dude.
I'm going by the trend of most video game directors sucking balls, making their adaptions the fodder of ridicule and scorn. Why is it that most video game adaptions end up appearing as Uwe Boll swill? Are they just doomed to failure, or is it because the talent just isn't lining up to do it?
Old 10/25/2010   #1540
ForceStealer

It was a direct-to-dvd movie dude. How long is that list of well-known directors that make those?

Old 10/25/2010   #1541
Strangelove

null wrote: Fine, get a film school dropout.
Kitase am i right?

(Except he couldn't even drop out. He had to go and graduate.)
Makoeyes987 (10/25/2010), The Twilight Mexican (10/25/2010)
Old 10/25/2010   #1542
Splintered

Didn't Degeneration have a professional director?

Old 10/25/2010   #1543
ForceStealer

@hito:I didn't know that. Learn something new every day

Splintered...I'm not sure, but that didn't exactly get glowing reviews either. (EDIT: From the looks of animenewsnetwork, which is what came up in my google search, Makoto Kamiya has been a special effects director, Degeneration was his first full director job.)

Last edited by ForceStealer; 10/25/2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10/25/2010   #1544
null

Smooth Criminal wrote: I'm going by the trend of most video game directors sucking balls, making their adaptions the fodder of ridicule and scorn. Why is it that most video game adaptions end up appearing as Uwe Boll swill? Are they just doomed to failure, or is it because the talent just isn't lining up to do it?
Historically video game adaptions are written and targeted to an audience assumed to be knuckle dragging fanboys who will swallow anything. That is why they are doomed. Spielberg could not make Mortal Kombat II a great movie, because the problem wasn't the directing.

Which isn't to say AC would be a great movie if the disjointed cinematography were fixed, but it would be less annoying.

ForceStealer wrote: It was a direct-to-dvd movie dude. How long is that list of well-known directors that make those?
Well-known list of directors, not list of well-known directors. As in, everyone knows SE just handed Nomura the keys.
Thanked by 2:
looneymoon (10/25/2010), OneWingedDemon (10/26/2010)
Old 10/25/2010   #1545
Strangelove

Splintered wrote: Didn't Degeneration have a professional director?
Makoto Kamiya, although from looking looking at Wikipedia he's mostly a cinematographer. The only two direction credits he has are Degeneration and a segment in Shin Onna Tachiguishi Retsuden.