The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 03/06/2018   #5146
Blade

Has the Load Time improved? I hit a wall for growth and it took me forever to grind.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018   #5147
X-SOLDIER

So, I stayed home and played a SHITTON of the new Comrades update – since it went live today, and you don't need the Royal Pack to play it.

• The level cap is at 99 now, instead of 50, and there're a ton of missions at all levels.
> The higher level ones have some that make really good grinding. Just messing about with all the new content, I managed to hit 60 today.
• You can disassemble any upgrades you've added to weapons to respec any unique weapons, and apparently if you've upgraded a weapon really far, sometimes it'll create unique stuff for ya.
> There're some new singularly unique weapons available, like Kain's Lance. That's a weapon that I cannot wait to max out. Interestingly it's located in a place that you can't reach in the main game, It's at the bottom of the massive lake by Callatein's Plunge.
• Chocobo Breeding is a little bit annoyingly RNG, but it's definitely not bad. Also, the fact that you can catch them on random missions gives higher level players a reason to go back to other missions and gives newer players a better chance of randomly running into high level players and getting assistance.
> Upgrading chocobos is a lot like maxing out weapon stats, but with some chance for them to go poorly. I didn't manage to figure it out while on my first chocobo, which I'm a little sad about. Also, some of them max at lower levels like weapons. No way to find until you try.
• There are Chocobo battles, but I wasn't tried out any of those yet.
• Additionally, there's a mission in the Future with the main cast. Haven't done any of that yet, but according to the trophy, you can do it with all four members.
• The harder stuff is a SHITTON of fun, and oftentimes involves tactics along with strength. I managed to get through the Level 99 mission at level 60 with some careful planning and timing with only one other human player.
> The Norduscaen Garrison opens up finally, and if you go there, there's a quest mission that lets you attempt to solo a MAX Angelus-0. So, you know... you'll never be wanting for things to do.
• The new Sigils seem pretty rad.
> I especially liked Gravity and think it'd be INSANE when paired with a good Mage, but it doesn't really fit my playstyle.

I'm probably gonna spend more time in Comrades rather than the main game for a bit, since I figure that'll benefit the most from additional players, whereas the main game stuff can be done whenever. I'll probably give it a week or so before really committing to maxing out on grinding and FINALLY building some OPAF gear, to let the folks who're best at this figure out what stats out best with all of the new items and such.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Ami (03/06/2018), Teioh (03/06/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/07/2018)
Old 03/06/2018   #5148
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 5:
Alex Strife (03/10/2018), Ami (03/06/2018), Dark and Divine (03/06/2018), lithiumkatana17 (03/06/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/07/2018)
Old 03/06/2018   #5149
ultima espio

The mod tools are being worked on now to be released later. There's no word on what they'll let you mod though, they said "swap costumes around" but I don't know what that means.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/d.../?appid=637650

They released a couple of mods themselves, you can turn all the npcs into cactuars if you wanted.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (03/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (03/07/2018)
Old 03/07/2018   #5150
Lucis Caelum

Armiger Unleash moveset and combo structure guide.

YouTube Video
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Blade (03/09/2018), Dark and Divine (03/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (03/07/2018)
Old 03/07/2018   #5151
lithiumkatana17

Whelp, my Royal DLC is downloaded... I'm torn between finally starting my New Game + or just starting the game over completely.

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (03/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (03/07/2018)
Old 03/07/2018   #5152
Blade

In regards to a Mod... all I want is Noctis' "Versus XIII" outfit.... I know I know, people hate it, but I want it still!
^Here's hoping for:
Thanked by:
Minato (03/07/2018)
Old 03/07/2018   #5153
X-SOLDIER

I learned about Charge Attacks in Comrades, and it's helped me find even more depth in the combat system that I've already sunk a shitton of hours into. I cannot get enough of this game. I'm holding out a little bit before swapping over to a totally new weapon set and trying to max out ALL THE THINGS, so that I can beat the final mission (even though I'm currently level 65, you definitely can't cheese your way through this final boss).

The Warp & Charge Attack on a Cool Weapon You Find

Kain's Lance – Which will be my new main.

YouTube Video

Also, I learned how to do the Cactuar Dance:

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (03/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/07/2018)
Old 03/09/2018   #5154
Blade

So I take it load time has improved for Comrades? I'm hesitant because sometimes my room would get stuck and I'd have to hard boot..
^Here's hoping for:
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/09/2018)
Old 03/09/2018   #5155
X-SOLDIER

Blade wrote: So I take it load time has improved for Comrades? I'm hesitant because sometimes my room would get stuck and I'd have to hard boot..
Haven't had any of those issues in playing an insane amount the last few days.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Blade (03/10/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/09/2018)
Old 03/09/2018   #5156
The Twilight Mexican

Nor have I, thankfully. Those many wacky-ass glitches that were routine when it first launched haven't arisen for me either.
Thanked by 2:
Blade (03/10/2018), X-SOLDIER (03/09/2018)
Old 03/09/2018   #5157
X-SOLDIER

The only issues I've run into are specific to the Standalone Chocobro mission. It can be kind of glitchy in triggering transition scenes appropriately, and sometimes the vehicle moving section is REALLY choppy. That's the only place I've had any issues with anything in the update.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/10/2018)
Old 03/09/2018   #5158
Lucis Caelum

Tested: Denuvo DRM has no performance impact on Final Fantasy 15
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (03/09/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/10/2018), ultima espio (03/09/2018), X-SOLDIER (03/09/2018)
Old 03/09/2018   #5159
lithiumkatana17

The Twilight Mexican wrote: Nor have I, thankfully. Those many wacky-ass glitches that were routine when it first launched haven't arisen for me either.
Lucky you.

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/10/2018)
Old 03/09/2018   #5160
X-SOLDIER

lithiumkatana17 wrote:
The Twilight Mexican wrote: Nor have I, thankfully. Those many wacky-ass glitches that were routine when it first launched haven't arisen for me either.
Lucky you.
Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
lithiumkatana17 (03/09/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/10/2018)