The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 02/28/2018   #1081
X-SOLDIER

That is mega sad.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2018   #1082
Strangelove

maybe they can, you know

also lower the price
X-SOLDIER (02/28/2018)
Old 03/28/2018   #1083
Lex

I just played Wipeout in VR as a taster (I'll have more time after work tomorrow night) and it's one of the most jaw dropping experiences I've ever had playing video games - they released a free patch today that allows the full game to be played in VR.

Been a Wipeout fan since Wipeout 2097 when I was 8 years old and now I can actually be in the game. Insane. Everyone needs to try this.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
AvecAloes (04/14/2018), Chloe Frazer (03/29/2018), Cthulhu (03/29/2018), ForceStealer (03/28/2018)
Old 03/28/2018   #1084
Blade

Looks like I have a few months to snag Darkstalkers Resurrection before they no longer support PS3s, hunh?

Or will PSN store still be active for PS3 games/netplay?
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2018   #1085
Lex

Lex wrote: I just played Wipeout in VR as a taster (I'll have more time after work tomorrow night) and it's one of the most jaw dropping experiences I've ever had playing video games - they released a free patch today that allows the full game to be played in VR.

Been a Wipeout fan since Wipeout 2097 when I was 8 years old and now I can actually be in the game. Insane. Everyone needs to try this.
do not lock the camera to pilot then do continuous barrel rolls on an A+ challenge track (the game warns you about certain tracks and certain settings but it's amazing)

Being able to look up the vertical climbs and spot the boost pads is an absolute game changer though.

Old 04/07/2018   #1086
Chloe Frazer

YouTube Video
Old 04/10/2018   #1087
Literally Who?

Haven't watched that but considering it's The Know reporting on it. I'll just take it as highly unlikely.

Their track record with leaks borders on "makes shit up for clicks" territory.

edit:

lol loaded up reddit and top of games subreddit

https://kotaku.com/sources-the-plays...off-1825152206
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Lex (05/23/2018), Theozilla (04/11/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/10/2018)
Old 04/10/2018   #1088
Cthulhu

Has it already been five years? o_O

Anyway they just refreshed the thing for 4k, I think it'll be good for a while yet. No major developments in hardware anyway afaik. Games / franchises also take at least three years to build, I'd like to imagine sony would like at least three generations of games like that to have been made first.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (04/10/2018)
Old 04/10/2018   #1089
Chloe Frazer

The PS4 Pro was a year and a half ago. Man time flies, it doesn't feel that long since I got my original PS4.
Old 04/10/2018   #1090
Lex

The devkit specs were released in a "professionals-only" publication at some point last week, so there's info out there. I don't see them announcing it at this E3, but I wouldn't be surprised if they started putting info out early next year.

PS4 still has some major legs at this point though. I'm not fussed in any direction tbh, the next console is likely going to be the smallest graphical leap we've seen since the beginning of console generations altogether, and I'm talking about base PS4 rather than the pro. Realistically how much further can they go?

The next "gen" is all going to be about platforms as a service rather than raw hardware power in a box IMO. Let's all cross our fingers that Playstation don't get a big head and blunder like they did with the PS3 launch after smashing the competition with PS2. They're winning this gen by a landslide so they can afford to be annoyingly cocky.

IMO all they have to do to start the next gen in a winning position is announce a box more powerful than PS4 with the BC that they've been avoiding since the start of this gen to re-sell games. I think whatever they do it'll handle all titles within the PS4 ecosystem regardless, they've not messing with that ecosystem any time soon.

Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (04/11/2018)
Old 04/12/2018   #1091
Cthulhu

Yeah I mean they can add more and more expensive graphics operations to the mix - shaders, ray tracing, etc - as hardware capability increases but I don't think it'll be as big a leap as it was during the PS1/2 era. PS3/4 were both more evolutions of the leaps that were made before that, and PS4 Pro is more about rendering at 4K than anything - which I still don't know if anyone thinks it makes a difference.

wrt compatibility, I kinda hope they don't announce a PS5, not unless it's got backwards compatibility. Having older games and extra consoles is a pain. Giving in to BS like HD remakes just hurts.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2018   #1092
Theozilla

https://gamingbolt.com/ps5-release-y...eo-john-kodera

Figured this would an appropriate thread to share this in. Just a report on theis years Sony’s Investor Relations Day. A lot of people are figuring the PS5 is likely to release in 2020-2021 based on John Kodera's comments.
Tashasaurous (05/23/2018)
Old 05/23/2018   #1093
Tashasaurous
Theozilla wrote: https://gamingbolt.com/ps5-release-y...eo-john-kodera

Figured this would an appropriate thread to share this in. Just a report on theis years Sony’s Investor Relations Day. A lot of people are figuring the PS5 is likely to release in 2020-2021 based on John Kodera's comments.

PS4 has been around for 4-5 years already and every seven years or more or less they release a new generation. I'm not surprised that 2020-21's the most likely year to see it happen.

Still got another 2-3 years left before PS4 support ends. Though based on the news of FFVII Remake lately, it's the cycle of FF Versus XIII/FFXV development all over again(that game was transfered from PS3 like it was supposed to be on towards PS4, and it'll happen again with the Remake).

At least KH3 will be on PS4 this year(or next year if they end up delaying it, but still in that PS4 cycle).
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2018   #1094
ForceStealer

I still think the first part of the Remake is on PS4. /naive The other parts though definitely seem PS5-bound

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Alex Strife (05/24/2018), Theozilla (05/23/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/24/2018)
Old 05/23/2018   #1095
Strangelove

i still feel like i just got my ps4, don't be throwing a ps5 at me
Alex Strife (05/24/2018), ForceStealer (05/24/2018), Lex (05/23/2018), Theozilla (05/24/2018)