The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 11/20/2013   #1
The Mad King
Default RWBY

So, I figured its about time we got a thread regarding the series, RWBY (Pronounced Ruby).

RWBY is essentially an anime produced by Roosterteeth. To be precise, Monty Oum, also known for his Dead Fantasy videos, is the main man behind this project.

The series follows a number of characters who attend Beacon Academy, a school where you learn how to fight monsters. Its a very funny series with a firm grasp on storytelling, and backs it up with solid action and characters. Soundtracks pretty cool as well.

I'll go ahead and post the trailer for volume one, as well as a link to the page of the Roosterteeth website where you can watch the entire series so far. Its very much worth the time if you haven't already seen it.

EDIT: Couldn't get the trailer embed properly, so I'm gonna use an old fashioned link for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsy7VJheMBI

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=8268&v=more
Channy (07/21/2016), Joe (11/20/2013), The Twilight Mexican (11/20/2013), Theozilla (11/20/2013)
Old 11/20/2013   #2
Kuroto

I've never heard of this before but it looks pretty interesting. I wasn't really sure about the artistic style at first, but I think I'll give it a try. When I just find the time that is... ^^'
Kuroto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2013   #3
Alex Strife

My brother's quite a fan. But it did not convince me completely. At least the first episode. Haven't watched anything else...
Old 11/20/2013   #4
Splintered

It's okay, nothing more nothing less. And tbh I really want it to be more. I've been watching Dead Fantasy and Montyoum for years. I've been watching Red vs Blue even longer than that. And because of that, I'll always support them.

In the end, it's a cute concept, and for how little the episodes go I think the characters are actually pretty strong considering how many of them are there. There's also one pretty fun fight scene. But it's been done and been done better.

I think what makes this kind of remarkable isn't the fact that it's great, it's the fact it's a small company that makes machinima is letting an internet grown man make his own show. You can definitely see the shortcomings of this, the animations are awkward and some of the episodes are frustratingly short. But that's too be expected, I can get past most of this except there are a couple of times when people have creepy doll expressions- but I understand the team has pushed themselves to the limits here.

Also, bigger fan of JNPR than RWBY. Go Jaune D:

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Alex Strife (11/20/2013), Hisako (08/19/2015), The Twilight Mexican (11/20/2013), Theozilla (11/20/2013)
Old 11/20/2013   #5
Joe

I want to know Nora irl. Been keeping up with this series and RT for a while and absolutely love it. One thing I personally enjoy is how I can recognise all the voice actors as rooster teeth staff or because of their previous acting in red vs blue. I've always been in love with rooster teeth and this is just another addition.

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/20/2013)
Old 11/20/2013   #6
The Twilight Mexican

Doctor Gravity wrote: I want to know Nora irl. Been keeping up with this series and RT for a while and absolutely love it. One thing I personally enjoy is how I can recognise all the voice actors as rooster teeth staff or because of their previous acting in red vs blue. I've always been in love with rooster teeth and this is just another addition.
Quoted for true of me as well.
Old 11/23/2013   #7
Super Mario

I saw the trailers for these series and I must say this is a very fluid and well animated online series.

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/23/2013)
Old 11/24/2013   #8
Joe

Dude who doesn't love girls slicing bad guys with giant scythes to an amazing soundtracl?

Old 11/24/2013   #9
Splintered

The trailers are not representative of the series, sadly.

Except for the music, the music is honestly fantastic.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2013   #10
Joe

Casey Lee Williams is an incredible vocalist. My god the soundtrack is amazing.

Thanked by 2:
Splintered (11/24/2013), Theozilla (11/24/2013)
Old 08/18/2015   #11
Joe

So RWBY got its Japanese voice cast announced and one fan went ahead and illustrated a portion of the list to show who these actors also play.

http://m.imgur.com/a/ZGJjx

Imo that is a fantastic lineup. I'm definitely re watching the series in Japanese when it's available.

Thanked by 2:
Super Mario (08/19/2015), X-SOLDIER (08/19/2015)
Old 08/19/2015   #12
Channy

You are such a weaboo. I don't know any of those voice actors.

So, why do you come here?
Same as you, I think. I've been here a lot...
You must have a lot going on your mind, I suppose.
Yeah, but I'd rather have nothing for a change. How do you do it?
Well, it comes with practice. I can think of nothing.
I do not feel the need to occupy my mind with nonsense, just to avoid thinking about what really matters.

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2015   #13
Hisako

Honestly not a massive fan of what is pretty much a Monty Oum OC fantasy romp () and I still don't think the guy could ever write for shit, but it sure is a hell of a spectacle to watch and he had a certain brilliance in his animation talent and acrobatic skills (ie. his mo-cap)

Good to see RWBY getting some Japanese localisation traction with some serious backing from legit seiyuu

RIP in peace old sig lolol 04/2015

Don't believe your eyes? Don't be surprised.

Hisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2015   #14
Joe

YouTube Video

Yang is gonna be in Death Battle. On top of that she'll be going up against Tifa. This should be interesting.

Thanked by 2:
Channy (10/09/2015), X-SOLDIER (10/07/2015)
Old 10/09/2015   #15
Channy

Volume 3 Teaser Trailer on Facebook. It's not on youtube yet so hopefully the link works...

https://www.facebook.com/roosterteet...2563137803222/

It's like.. RWBY with Pokemon.

So, why do you come here?
Same as you, I think. I've been here a lot...
You must have a lot going on your mind, I suppose.
Yeah, but I'd rather have nothing for a change. How do you do it?
Well, it comes with practice. I can think of nothing.
I do not feel the need to occupy my mind with nonsense, just to avoid thinking about what really matters.

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Joe (10/09/2015)