The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 04/02/2018   #631
Clement Rage

Glad you like it. I hope I can be as positive. (TLJ doesn't come out here for another week, so I may be delayed, sorry.)

(SPOILER) If there's one edit I'd make it would be that 'Martha' makes Batman step back, and say something like "Talk." Then cut to something else, cut back, and have him throw away the spear after hearing the explanation.

Re: the henchpeople, on my first viewing I agreed, but I don't know how else they could sell a 'Batman gone dark' enough to actually try to kill Superman. The whole film is about him having gone down a dark path, but Batman is always dark. I don't exactly like it, but I don't think you're supposed to.

The Twilight Mexican (04/06/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/03/2018)
Old 04/03/2018   #632
X-SOLDIER

Clement Rage wrote: Glad you like it. I hope I can be as positive. (TLJ doesn't come out here for another week, so I may be delayed, sorry.)

(SPOILER) If there's one edit I'd make it would be that 'Martha' makes Batman step back, and say something like "Talk." Then cut to something else, cut back, and have him throw away the spear after hearing the explanation.

Re: the henchpeople, on my first viewing I agreed, but I don't know how else they could sell a 'Batman gone dark' enough to actually try to kill Superman. The whole film is about him having gone down a dark path, but Batman is always dark. I don't exactly like it, but I don't think you're supposed to.

No worries on the delay.

I wholeheartedly agree that the way that "Martha" should be used would be to shock Bruce, and that's adequately set-up with the Flashback of it being his dad's last words and his rant about not believing in greater purpose of circumstance because of his parents' deaths just before he hears it, and then it should've used that to open up a dialogue, rather than focusing in on the word. I think that if there's any related fault, it's really that we don't get enough of Superman attempting communication at times when it seems like he should be that also ends up making that line need to be FAR more emphasized than it ought to be.

Also, I think that the things with Batman Branding people is enough to justify his belief in the ends justify the means when it comes to killing a super-powered alien like Superman. I felt that the banter between him and Alfred also helped to really sell that he's in a very dark place, while still holding to the code that really makes him Batman – ESPECIALLY because of one of the reasons that he's so adamant about things in the collateral damage caused by the Kryptonians. Again – It's enough to annoy me, but I think that that's also because this is the film that has established this universe's version of Batman, and that's a code that's pretty much universally central to his character.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (04/06/2018)