The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake > Old Remake Rumours

Old Remake Rumours Old Rumours threads <3

Old 06/27/2013   #1
clowd
Default Idea - Square should ask another Studio to remake FF7

Hideo Kojima has recently asked for another studio to remake Metal Gear Solid (1998) for next gen using the Fox Engine.

How about Square asking another studio to remake Final Fantasy VII using the Luminous Engine?

This way we not only get a fresh take on the game, as it will feel more like a reboot then remake, it will also free up resources and time for Square themselves.
clowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2013   #2
Drax

Might as well, the original staff that's still on board aren't getting any younger. If they keep procrastinating for a couple more decades we'd be at this point anyway.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2013   #3
Flintlock

This has been discussed before.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2013   #4
Geostigma

I'd rather the original staff do a remake of ff7 then another group who is not as passionate about the game and only want the money or fame that would follow the remake. I for one don't want a remake because imho the game is already perfect and needs to be left alone but if it ever did happen the same group needs to do it.
Geostigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2013   #5
The Twilight Mexican

At this point, I believe other people are more passionate about FFVII than either Nomura or Kitase.

Maybe not Nojima, since that dude wrote a standalone novel based in the world of FFVII (i.e. not promoting an upcoming game or movie), but those other two I have little faith in. Don't know enough about Yusuke Naora to pass judgment either way.
Thanked by 4:
Farron (08/11/2013), laurence (08/11/2013), Literally Who? (08/11/2013), The Pyro (08/11/2013)
Old 08/11/2013   #6
Farron

Or they could not remake the game at all and just let the original game be, just saying
Farron is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Ami (08/11/2013), JBedford (08/11/2013), laurence (08/11/2013), The Twilight Mexican (08/12/2013)
Old 08/11/2013   #7
Ami

The talk of remakes gets on my grinds now because the fan boys (and girls!) won't leave it alone. What I have to say is, if they make the remake, then blooming make it. Otherwise, leave it alone. I'm not bothered whether they make it or not, but I'd still play it if they did.

Discord | Facebook | Instagram | Twitch | Twitter | Vine | YouTube
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Dark and Divine (08/12/2013), Farron (08/12/2013), laurence (08/11/2013), The Pyro (08/11/2013), The Twilight Mexican (08/12/2013)
Old 08/11/2013   #8
The Pyro

^That's pretty much become my position over time.

Yeah, I got more to brag about than ever...
The Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ami (08/11/2013), The Twilight Mexican (08/12/2013)
Old 08/13/2013   #9
Unlucky

I'm still excited about the idea but I'm not exactly pushing for it now. Still ambivalent about it. What I want for sure, with regards to FFVII, is just to hear some news about where the Compilation's going. Is it over? Are they gonna end it with one last game or movie, or a remake? Is there a new project coming up?

Just any Compilation news as confirmation that they have not abandoned or forgotten about it.
Unlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Lex (08/13/2013), Soakette (08/13/2013), The Pyro (08/13/2013), The Twilight Mexican (08/13/2013)
Old 08/13/2013   #10
Farron

To be honest I think it would be better for SquareEnix to remake Final Fantasy VI first, before touching FF VII.

Because they're touched up FF 1 and FF 2 on the PSP

Remade FF 3 and FF 4 on the DS

Given FF 5 a touch up on the Cellphone

So it would make sense for them to remake FF 6 and then THEN remake Final Fantasy 7
Farron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2013   #11
Helkaweth

I'd have to agree. For being one of the best RPGs ever (FF6), Square-Enix treats it like it never happened.

One of the greatest stories told on the SNES, and it still gets little respect. There's enough mods out there to make FF7 look new, anyhow.
Helkaweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/20/2013)