The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Post-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Post-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content in Advent Children Complete, On the Way to a Smile, & Dirge of Cerberus detailing the 3 years since the conclusion of Final Fantasy VII.

Old 03/26/2012   #31
sy2pie

I'd like to see another Final Fantasy 7 film or an animated series. I hate modern games, they bore the hell out of me. They are lifeless and hollow. I loved Advent Children Complete (though I didnt like Advent Children much). I would like to see them tackle something big like the relationship between Tifa and Cloud.
sy2pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
I Am Not Me (11/10/2012), Unlucky (03/27/2012)
Old 03/26/2012   #32
Soakette

I would like to see the novels made. Just like they did with case of Denzel. I like anime style but I think i would prefer it in CGI. Do all the OTWTAS stories and The Turks Lateral Biography.

http://soakette.tumblr.com/
Soakette is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Captain Jack Harkness (11/10/2012), I Am Not Me (11/10/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/11/2012), LicoriceAllsorts (08/16/2013), Unlucky (03/27/2012)
Old 03/27/2012   #33
Unlucky

The novellas being made into films will do it for me, it will certainly clear up a lot of things (esp Case of Tifa) and will do the Compilation more good than taking a risk with a new game with shitty characters/repetitive plot.
Unlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Captain Jack Harkness (11/10/2012), I Am Not Me (11/10/2012), Kermitu Kleric Katie (11/11/2012), LicoriceAllsorts (08/10/2013), Soakette (03/27/2012), The Pyro (03/27/2012)
Old 11/10/2012   #34
PhantomSephiroth

They're to busy with all the FFXIII shit.
PhantomSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012   #35
Kermitu Kleric Katie

I want to see a new FFVII game made to resolve the cliffhanger at the end of DC, and then I want a FFVII remake to be made to fill in all the plot holes the compilation has made.
Thanked by:
Theozilla (11/12/2012)
Old 11/15/2012   #36
FLo

I want to see a FFVII remake to see the whole game with better graphics, because for me, born in the new generation its so hard to stand those lego things, they' re unable to make you catch all the feelings and the emotions expressed by every character, and that' s for me is a "problem" for legen dary game such a FF7; and ofc I want a ff7 remake just to see new fresh life running through our favorite game, to renew the passion just one more time.
Old 11/15/2012   #37
Captain Jack Harkness

^
funny, in some way i feel FFX's graphic older than FFVII, maybe because FFVII has a much older graphic.
Captain Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012   #38
JBedford

I never really got why everyone wants to see an FFVII remake. Especially when people don't want any changes, retcons, or references linking it in with the rest of the Compilation.

What do people want in a remake? Better graphics? Perhaps a better translation? But people complain about the PC version removing some of the badly translated lines . Voice acting? Well, I've heard a lot of people say they definitely don't want that.

Personally, I don't care for graphics. But I feel that even if they did remake FFVII exactly as it is, only updating the graphics, a lot of people will be disappointed.
JBedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Captain Jack Harkness (11/28/2012), eleamaya (06/06/2013), Masamune (11/28/2012), The Twilight Mexican (11/15/2012), Unlucky (11/16/2012)
Old 11/28/2012   #39
Masamune

FLo wrote: I want to see a FFVII remake to see the whole game with better graphics, because for me, born in the new generation its so hard to stand those lego things
Play the PC mod vers. Bye bye, "lego things!"

FLo wrote: they' re unable to make you catch all the feelings and the emotions expressed by every character, and that' s for me is a "problem" for legen dary game such a FF7;
FFVII is highly regarded for having a depth of emotion to its story despite its graphical limitations. It seems that quite the opposite has happened with the FF series of late. In that now they've got the tools to produce more compelling drama, they can't even make people act like human beings.

FLo wrote: and ofc I want a ff7 remake just to see new fresh life running through our favorite game, to renew the passion just one more time.
Yeeeah... they tried that with the Compilation. It didn't work.
Old 05/23/2013   #40
ElectricWarrior

Hello all, I just thought that I would start my reply by saying that I'm a new poster and I don't want to rock the boat too much, but this thread caught my interest so I thought it worth chiming in.

Anyway, I think this debate gets to the heart of what is wrong with SE (for my money it's been downhill since the merger, really). As a longtime fan (since the SNES days), I think the series lost the formula they keep claiming to want to get back to: Create one self contained story, loosely connected by the RPG gameplay, a Chocobo or Mog here and there, but leave it at that. The beauty of it was that you always wanted more, and at first you were angry never to get to see your favorite characters again (how I felt with IV and VI for sure, anyway) but then the next game in the series came along and you were left with only good memories and single coherent vision for the plot while embracing the new. Each game ideally would top the next (even if that didn't always happen), and the series and SquareSoft were healthy as well.

This new model, wherein old stories and characters keep getting rehashed (not to mention cell phone games that are cash grab schemes) just undermines all of that. To me, FFVI will always feel like an SNES game, and FFVII will always feel like a PSX game. Sometimes it's better to be left wanting more, than wishing you hadn't been given so much dreck.

Loras Tyrell wrote: ^
funny, in some way i feel FFX's graphic older than FFVII, maybe because FFVII has a much older graphic.
See, I would disagree by saying that X had a very generic graphic style and resembled most other games on the PS2, whereas VII had a truly unique graphic style. Whether you feel it holds up or not, it was memorable and not like any other game before or since.

Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 05/23/2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: New poster double-posted
ElectricWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/29/2013), LicoriceAllsorts (05/24/2013), The Pyro (05/23/2013), The Twilight Mexican (05/23/2013)
Old 05/23/2013   #41
jazzflower92

I actually was thinking maybe SE should have a novella series based on Sephiroth's childhood and his time in the Wutai War.I was always interested in those two aspects of his life that never seemed to be explored or even adressed that much.I mean the Wutai War should have been I think more focused in Crisis Core but instead they had to focus it on the bane of the Compliation.Also a look at Sephiroth's childhood could explain why he hated Hojo so much.
jazzflower92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2013   #42
The Twilight Mexican

I never got the impression that Sephiroth hated him, much less "so much." More like he held him in contempt.
Thanked by 5:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/29/2013), Minato (05/23/2013), Teioh (05/23/2013), The Pyro (05/23/2013), Unlucky (05/23/2013)
Old 08/10/2013   #43
Geostigma

I think they should do another movie to finish off the storyline but thats just me.
Geostigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2013   #44
CameoAmalthea

I wouldn't mind another movie.

I like the compilation, but I don't think people were as interested in the Genesis story Arc as Square thought they would be. However, they spent a good deal of time leading up to Dirge (it's hinted at in BC, and ties into Genesis's story in CC) and I kind of want to know where they were going with that even if I don't really care that much, I feel like I want to see the whole picture so I can at least judge it in it's entirety.

I want to know what the point of all that was...
Old 08/16/2013   #45
ForceStealer

I'd prefer an honest-to-goodness RPG featuring all the characters.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
LicoriceAllsorts (08/16/2013)