The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Member Spotlight Archive

Member Spotlight Archive Old threads from the Member Spotlight.

Old 10/26/2014   #16
Wolfhart

Favourite animal: real and mythological/fantastical?
Alex Strife (10/27/2014), The Twilight Mexican (10/30/2014)
Old 10/27/2014   #17
Addy Carver

Alex Strife wrote: - I'm going to be boring and say Jenson Button. Boring, because everyone loves Lewis. He's got a lot more talent but brains, not so much. Button impresses me with how much he uses his head in many occasions... But let's face it, he's way better.
I approve of this answer immensely. I firmly believe Button has the greater talent but Hamilton is more prepared to take risks. A acquaintance of the ex used to race against Hamilton in F3000 way back when, he wasn't particularly liked apparently. A combination of ego and his dad seemed to be the cause.
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Thanked by 2:
Old 10/27/2014   #18
Joe

Captain of your own ship/airship/space ship. What do you name her?

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Thanked by 2:
Old 10/27/2014   #19
Alex Strife

Airling wrote: Was it nice having a gamer mom? I mean like, we used to be restricted quite a bit for gaming time. Was that different for you?

Do you have pets, and if not, why?

Are you allergic to anything?
- It was actually nice enough. In fact, when I was little, apparently I hated videogames because her gaming time meant less time to spend playing with me, haha!! (No, she did not neglect me, seriously). She actually stopped playing because she felt she was getting too much into it. She has recently started playing mobile games but never really went back to consoles or even handhelds. As for restricting... I was not really restricted. She nagged a bit about not spending too much time but as I kept my grades at a good level and socialized with some friends enough, she could not really complain. She allowed me to play as much as I felt I had... generally speaking, at least.

- We have a West Highland Terrier. The cutest little white thing, named Shumi (from "Schumi", from Schumacher, the F1 driver). He's very nice, obedient and has never given us any trouble. Let it continue to be like that!!

- Not that I know... Let it continue to be like that, too.

Wolfhart wrote: Favourite animal: real and mythological/fantastical?
- Hmmm... I like wolves, dolphins and horses. Mythological/fantastical, I would need to think a lot more as there are so many options. Can I say Chocobo? Either way, probably Dragon, in some of its various looks/representations.

Shub-Niggurath wrote: I approve of this answer immensely. I firmly believe Button has the greater talent but Hamilton is more prepared to take risks. A acquaintance of the ex used to race against Hamilton in F3000 way back when, he wasn't particularly liked apparently. A combination of ego and his dad seemed to be the cause.
- Actually, I have been wanting to ask you this for a while. You mentioned it before but Hamilton has never been in F3000!! F3000 used to be the one just below F1 and by the time Hamilton got there in 2006, the name had been changed to GP2 and the cars were completely different. If you could give me (private) the name of the acquaintance, I could actually find out very easily and quickly where is it that they raced together. I have a lot of information even on national series. And yes, he wasn't liked because: He had a huge amount of support from McLaren (F1 team), which meant he could focus on racing where other drivers actually suffer to find the budget for the next race. He also had quite the ego. His dad was not a very good influence. But then again, dads rarely are. One good friend of mine, manager of a couple of Spanish drivers who got to F1 always says that the best driver would be an orphan with a lot of money in his account so that he can actually follow his advice and take risks to get to F1. Personally, I liked Hamilton in the lower series because he was bold, spectacular and showed talent, guts and determination. I also liked him during the first few races in F1 because he was new, exciting, and because he was pissing Alonso off (I dislike the guy). Then he opened his mouth in the typical Hamilton way and I never liked him as much since. He has had some good moments, to be honest. He says whatever he thinks and of course this means sometimes he's going to be candid in a great way. But half of the time, he says the wrong things.

Bigby wrote: Captain of your own ship/airship/space ship. What do you name her?
- I actually gave this more thought than I should have... It would be Mestral or Mistral (North-Western wind, two ways of writing the same).
Old 10/28/2014   #20
Celes Chere

i heard that spain is becoming mostly vegan is that true ? I forgot where I heard this , it was in an article weeks ago xmx
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (10/28/2014), The Twilight Mexican (10/30/2014)
Old 10/28/2014   #21
Alex Strife

Noctis wrote: i heard that spain is becoming mostly vegan is that true ? I forgot where I heard this , it was in an article weeks ago xmx
Never heard this myself... and judging from the amount of people I know vs amount of vegans, I doubt it is the case. I know one vegetarian girl (who actually tries very hard to make all the food very appealing to show that being vegetarian does not necessarily reduce variety) and one vegan guy and that's it. The guy is worse because he basically talks as if he's better than you because you're not vegan. Speaking of which, this is a trend that actually bothers me. It's a personal choice. Do not condemn what I do if you want to win me to your cause, because by doing that you're only solidifying my feelings.

Also, it does not make a lot of sense for most of Spain to me vegan, considering that there is a shitload of products that are extremely typical that have animal origin. Spanish ham, seafood on some seaside areas, paella (which uses seafood), various types of dried meat, some sausage types... etc. So for most of the country to become vegan, they should basically forgo a lot of what they see as "identity food". And let me tell you that Spaniards are very fond of their identity. And as a final thought, Spanish guys have sometimes this tendency to go all "macho" and they would reply that a guy who does not eat meat is a pansy or something along those lines. Not that I think this, but I have seen a lot of Spain and sometimes it makes you wonder if they truly are citizens of a developed country in the 21st century...
Old 10/28/2014   #22
Wolfhart

Thanks for the answer

...And this:

Alex Strife wrote: but I have seen a lot of Spain and sometimes it makes you wonder if they truly are citizens of a developed country in the 21st century...
Sadly, I agree...
Old 10/28/2014   #23
Octo

Is Spain like Resident Evil 4?

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Thanked by 3:
Alex Strife (10/28/2014), Celes Chere (12/06/2014), The Twilight Mexican (10/30/2014)
Old 10/28/2014   #24
Alex Strife

Octo wrote: Is Spain like Resident Evil 4?

No!!! You can't imagine how funny it is to play that game and see some of the good things mixed with the huge misses the game has. Things like the proper police uniforms and cars mixed with South American Spanish audio (despite the fact the game is happening in Spain). And don't get me started on how the in-game uses our old currency and not Euros.
Old 10/28/2014   #25
Super Mario

Hi Alex!

How is Catalan? Is it a good place to chill? Do they have bullfighting and good drinks?

YAHOO!
Thanked by 2:
Old 10/28/2014   #26
Alex Strife

Rengar wrote: Hi Alex!

How is Catalan? Is it a good place to chill? Do they have bullfighting and good drinks?
Yo!!

It is a very nice place to chill. I am convinced that you would love the seaside here. Bullfighting is not so popular around these parts though, because Spanish people insist on killing bulls and Catalan people insist on not killing them so locals see bullfighting as something so awful that they are not willing to compromise and do the ones where the animal is unharmed. They feel if they did that, they would be supporting the killing activities. Maybe once Spain decides to stop killing them, everyone can have bloodless bullfighting... I would definitely not be against that. But killing animals for fun seems way too...

BUT we definitely have a lot of good drinks and places to enjoy them!! Barcelona is full of them; both modern and run-down, crowded and quiet, ... There is something for everyone. And the food, man, the food!! You need to try food here. Delightfully good.
Old 10/29/2014   #27
Airling

Have any thoughts on the Oculus Rift and the implications it could have on gaming from here on out?
Old 10/29/2014   #28
Alex Strife

Airling wrote: Have any thoughts on the Oculus Rift and the implications it could have on gaming from here on out?
- The prospects of what could come from the Oculus Rift if done properly are extremely exciting. Sadly, I haven't yet tried it so I can't say for myself. But the videos of how the OR is being applied to games show something very, very good. I have to wonder exactly what can come from this, which is something that "nobody knows" but in theory, VR is coming closer.

The implications it could have on gaming from here on... it depends on the games. If this becomes popular enough so that everyone wants to use it, certain types of videogames could change a lot. It's not the same, using OR on an RPG or a driving game. Would all videogames become first-person? Who knows...
Old 10/30/2014   #29
Octo

Prefered type of underpants?

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (10/30/2014), The Twilight Mexican (10/31/2014)
Old 10/30/2014   #30
Alex Strife

Octo wrote: Prefered type of underpants?
Boxer briefs or boxer shorts.