The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII All events from the 1997 classic RPG, with which it all began.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02/21/2016   #1
NERV Agent
Default Gold Chocobo and Gameshark odditity.

So I've been messing around with the debug code for the US PSX FF7.

I used the debug code to go the scene where Cloud and Tifa get out of the Lifestream (Room 10/For those in a hurry/To the Spirit World again!), and when I get to the Highwind and the scene finishes, I immediately go to the Chocobo Farm and rent a stable. Also, I switch from Disc 1 to Disc 2 right before selecting the option that takes me to said scene.

Then I use the debug code to go to acquire the Desert Rose and exchange it for the Gold Chocobo from the Kalm Traveler (Room 7/Fat guy/After Armagedon/Yes/get DESERT ROSE/event start).

However, once I go back to the Chocobo Farm and talk to Choco Billy, the dialogue is from early in Disc 1, and he won't let me ride the Chocobo.

So I re-enter the debug room and go back to the Lifestream scene mentioned earlier. When the scene is finished, my Gold Chocobo is in it's stable.

Seems everything is okay, right?

Now this is where it gets buggy. I use Black Chocobo to convert the save to a Japanese FF7 PSX save. But once I load up FF7 PSX (J), the save does not appear! Like it doesn't recognize it! Is there a way around this?

Otherwise, is there a GameShark code (either for the US or Japanese version), that gives you a Gold Chocobo?
__________________
Pen Pen Toblerone Vomit Pooh is waifu of the year.

Last edited by NERV Agent; 02/23/2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Finally! I can make paragraphs for some reason!
NERV Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2016   #2
Shademp
Default

Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to help, but I'm curious about the save file convertion. Does it convert your US save into a save file for the original Japanese release or for FFVII International which is the second Japanese version? Save files from the second Japanese version does not work for the first JP release, but they work the other way around. Maybe if you load up FFVII International your US -> Japanese save file will be recognized?
__________________
My YouTube Channel!
FINAL FANTASY VII UNCOVERED
Clement Rage wrote: All hail Shademp, God of Dirge.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2016   #3
DynamixDJ
Default

Coincidentally I myself was messing around with the Japanese version today, as I wished to fight the test subject in Corel Prison's well. I definitely have the original Jap version, as the save file was not recognized when I switched the save file to the Jap international version. I was successfully able to switch a NTSC PSX save file over to a JAP original save file, with no problems.

What's curious is the fact the the normal battle formation played out (#520... or... 208h) which is 4x 2-Faced (2 from both sides). Why can't I fight the test subjects? Even Makou Reactor confirms this. The other reason I'm sure it's the original and not the International version is the fact that Ruby and Emerald aren't present.
__________________
[

Check out my FF VII walkthrough!
DynamixDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2016   #4
Shademp
Default

DynamixDJ wrote: Coincidentally I myself was messing around with the Japanese version, as I wished to fight the test subject in Corel Prison's well. I definitely have the original Jap version, as the save file was not recognized when I switched the save file to the Jap international version.

What's curious is the fact the the normal battle formation played out (#520... or... 208h) which is 4x 2-Faced (2 from both sides). Why can't I find the test subjects? The other reason I'm sure it's the original is the fact that Ruby and Emerald aren't present.
I don't remember the exact likelihood but getting the Test Battle can take quite a while. I think the probability of getting that battle is something like 1/10 so you just have to keep at it, fighting battle after battle until you get lucky. Also unless you have already cheated yourself into being overpowered, make sure that you have learned Laser so you can defeat the Test Battle enemies within a reasonable amount of time. The massive amount of HP they have can be quite annoying for this early in the game.
__________________
My YouTube Channel!
FINAL FANTASY VII UNCOVERED
Clement Rage wrote: All hail Shademp, God of Dirge.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
DynamixDJ (02/26/2016)
Old 02/21/2016   #5
DynamixDJ
Default

Ah, of course! Looking into Makou Reactor, I can see battle formation #1 is set to have an 8/64 chance of occurring. I turned this value up to 63/64, and I was able to fight the test subjects.
__________________
[

Check out my FF VII walkthrough!
DynamixDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Shademp (02/21/2016)
Old 02/21/2016   #6
NERV Agent
Default

Shademp wrote: Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to help, but I'm curious about the save file convertion. Does it convert your US save into a save file for the original Japanese release or for FFVII International which is the second Japanese version? Save files from the second Japanese version does not work for the first JP release, but they work the other way around. Maybe if you load up FFVII International your US -> Japanese save file will be recognized?
I converted my US save to the original Japanese version (not the International version). Also, how do I create paragraphs on this forum? Reading my post as a huge continuous chunk of text is hard to read.
__________________
Pen Pen Toblerone Vomit Pooh is waifu of the year.
NERV Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2016   #7
Shademp
Default

NERV Agent wrote: Also, how do I create paragraphs on this forum? Reading my post as a huge continuous chunk of text is hard to read.
Press Enter in the message window where you want a break in the text. Press Enter again to create another row of space and there you will have your new paragraph.

Are you using TLS via a cellphone? If so, what type? It seems very odd to me that you are unable to create paragraphs via the most basic method.
__________________
My YouTube Channel!
FINAL FANTASY VII UNCOVERED
Clement Rage wrote: All hail Shademp, God of Dirge.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2016   #8
NERV Agent
Default

Well unfortunately, the moderators still need to approve my posts. Also, I am using Firefox in Windows 7.

Back on topic, I've run into a dilemma.

So I've been using the debug room to jump around the game. I jumped to the part where Cloud and Tifa emerge from the Lifestream (Room 10/For those in a hurry/To the Spirit World again!), and I've begun breeding Chocobos. At some point, I used the Black Chocobo program to change the save to Disc 2, since it originally kept asking for Disc 1.

I used the "No-Race-Require" Method mentioned in the Chocobo Breeding Guide at GameFAQs. This is because whenever I go to the Gold Saucer, the game freezes, so I can't race.

I still get my Gold Chocobo and everything seems fine, but whenever I get into a fight, or whenever I enter an area (like a Materia Cave) and re-emerge on the world map, my Gold Chocobo is suddenly transported to the upper left most portion of the World Map.

You can imagine my frustration, getting the Knights of the Round summon materia, only to come out of the cave and find my Gold Chocobo nowhere in sight, leaving me stranded on that island.

How do I fix this?
__________________
Pen Pen Toblerone Vomit Pooh is waifu of the year.

Last edited by NERV Agent; 02/23/2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: I dunno how I got paragraphs all of a sudden. Just letting you know.
NERV Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2016   #9
DynamixDJ
Default

OK, I'm happy to look at this, but first I need to know the exact point where you were in the game before you warped to the debug room. Also, I've been spending a little bit of time with the debug rooms as of late, so I know that using the "To the Spirit World again!" jump will change the Game Moment variable. All progression flags however remain as they were at the point you jumped.

Can I assume that you hadn't unlocked the Tiny Bronco when you warped to the debug room?
__________________
[

Check out my FF VII walkthrough!
DynamixDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
NERV Agent (02/25/2016), Shademp (02/24/2016)
Old 02/23/2016   #10
NERV Agent
Default

Unfortunately, the Tiny Bronco was unlocked before going to the Lifestream event.

I'll try to recall as best I can what I did. I will be referring to the Debug Room Guide by scrwdrvr on GameFAQs.

I went to "8/Yuffie(3)/item iroiro" to get all the good stuff. The I selected "8/Yuffie(3)/member zenin" to get all the characters.

I needed to escape Room 8, so I went to "Cloud(2)/tojikomerarechatta" to go to the ending of the first level, then re-activate the debug code to return to the debug room.

At some point, I enable PHS by talking to Yuffie in the Starting Room and selecting "MENU ON". I also asked that Yuffie for more materia, too.

I wanted to level up my characters and materia, and I read that the best way to do that (without blatantly cheating, how contradictory of me) was to go to Junon (before the cannon is removed) and go to that tunnel intersection and activate the alarm to fight tough enemies.

I did this by going to the scene where the Tiny Bronco crashes, "Room 1/Red XIII/jairo sky".

I also warped to get Aeris's ultimate weapon, Princess Guard, since Yuffie didn't give it to me. I went to "Room 5/Temple Sage/The Hole of Time" to get it, then used the debug code to warp back to the debug room. I cannot recall if I did this before or after going to the scene where the Tiny Bronco crashes. Probably before.

I rode the Tiny Bronco all the way to the Junon area and entered Junon. For some reason, I had to do the "marching" event even though that was supposed to happen before the Tiny Bronco crashes.

I completed the "marching" event and proceeded to level up my characters, alternating between that tunnel and the Mithril Mines. At some point I noticed that Vincent was "Sephiroth" and Cait Sith was "Young Cloud", and both kept dying immediately when a battle starts. I used the Black Chocobo program to fix this, and continued leveling up my characters and materia.

Then I warped to Aeris's house because I wanted to see the hidden Wall Market scenes that Shademp discovered. So I went to "Room 8/Aeris(2)/2F nigeru", saved in front of her house, then converted that save to the Japanese version with the Black Chocobo program.

I did the cross-dressing adventure, and would soft reset whenever I was stuck in those dummied out rooms.

Eventually Cloud was chosen, I had to fight Aps, and I saved in the Train Graveyard. Then I converted that save back to the US version with the Black Chocobo program.

Then I went to "Room 10/For those in a hurry/To the Spirit World again!" and the rest is described in previous posts.
__________________
Pen Pen Toblerone Vomit Pooh is waifu of the year.
NERV Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2016   #11
DynamixDJ
Default

Wow, you've done a lot, but what I need to know before I can look into anything is how far into the game had you progressed before altering the games natural course of events?

I'm not sure if unlocking the Tiny Bronco is a good thing or a bad thing, but it certainly plays a part as the Tiny Bronco shares a similar flag to a Chocobo that you're riding from the stables (which is a different flag from a caught Chocobo). I've just thought, you say the Chocobo warps to a different location, is this location by any chance the place where you had parked the Tiny Bronco last?
__________________
[

Check out my FF VII walkthrough!
DynamixDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
NERV Agent (02/25/2016)
Old 02/24/2016   #12
NERV Agent
Default

I initiated my "quantum leap" at the very beginning. Activated the code and selected "NEW GAME" and I was off.

The Chocobo does not warp to the same location where the Tiny Bronco was previously parked. It strangely warps to the very top left corner of the world map.

The last place I parked the Tiny Bronco was around the Junon area, which leads to another oddity. The Tiny Bronco appears on "radar" (the mini map you see in the corner), but when I get to the "signal" the Tiny Bronco is nowhere to be found.
__________________
Pen Pen Toblerone Vomit Pooh is waifu of the year.
NERV Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
DynamixDJ (02/26/2016)
Old 02/24/2016   #13
DynamixDJ
Default

I'd had a feeling you'd started warping early on, as you can only do the whole Wall Market thing once. If you try to warp back there, regardless of Game Moment, you won't be able to progress through Don's mansion as it will be empty, unless the progression flags are reset.

I'm going to bed now, but what I'd like you to do is to open up the save file in Black Chocobo, go into the Hex Editor tab and copy and paste the whole lot. I suggest copying into http://pastebin.com/
I'll have a look when I get home from work tomorrow
__________________
[

Check out my FF VII walkthrough!
DynamixDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
NERV Agent (02/25/2016)
Old 02/24/2016   #14
NERV Agent
Default

Alright. It's gonna be up for 1 week. I hope I can post links now.

http://pastebin.com/uV6C8z80

Thanks.
__________________
Pen Pen Toblerone Vomit Pooh is waifu of the year.
NERV Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
DynamixDJ (02/26/2016)
Old 02/24/2016   #15
DynamixDJ
Default

Excellent excellent excellent.
I shall go digging when I get home from work tonight
__________________
[

Check out my FF VII walkthrough!
DynamixDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
NERV Agent (02/25/2016)
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.