The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 02/14/2018   #5086
Tennyo

Old 02/14/2018   #5087
Tennyo

BTW I found Iggy.
Old 02/14/2018   #5088
The Twilight Mexican

I'm now picturing a FFXV-themed take on "Where's Waldo?" -- but it's "Where's Iggy?"
Thanked by 4:
Ami (02/16/2018), Shademp (02/14/2018), Tennyo (02/14/2018), X-SOLDIER (02/14/2018)
Old 02/14/2018   #5089
Blade

Any pic of Noct and Luna together dating Pre-Mortem is FALSEHOOD until they retcon the story.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2018   #5090
Tennyo

@Blade: (SPOILER) What's to say that pic isn't post-mortem?

Last edited by Tennyo; 02/14/2018 at 10:33 PM.
Tennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (02/15/2018), X-SOLDIER (02/14/2018)
Old 02/14/2018   #5091
AvecAloes

Tennyo wrote: What's to say that pic isn't SPOILER EDIT post-mortem?
SPOILERS

The Twilight Mexican (02/15/2018)
Old 02/14/2018   #5092
Tennyo

Quick! Edit all the posts!
Old 02/14/2018   #5093
Lucis Caelum

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition - Synopsis of Panel with the Developers of FFXV

A live panel with the developers of FFXV was held at the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition on February 13, 2017 (7:30-8:30 PM JST). The panel included a signing event and a live drawing demo.

Featured on the panel were:

寺田武史 Takeshi Terada, Director of FFXV EPISODE IGNIS
高橋和也 Kazuya Takahashi, Director of FFXV COMRADES
中澤孝継 Takatsugu Nakazawa, Director of FFXV ROYAL EDITION
6 members of the FFXV art team
Summary of the panel as translated from the tweets of twitter user つばささん and RIKUKAさん

(Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Many thanks to つばささん and RIKUKAさん as well as /u/kero_0206 and /u/scissorman for bringing this to my attention!

Note: the following info is essentially a retelling of a retelling. While I'll do my best to translate accurately, I did not actually attend the panel, so I cannot personally vouch for the truthfulness of the tweets. Please proceed with an open mind.

---

Some Story bits from the game and DLCs
  1. Because Ignis's characterization was more difficult to get across compared to Prompto and Gladio's, they decided to give him more screen time when they were making Chapter 1 (ex: Ignis pulling Noctis by the shoulder).
  2. Ignis's tours were more difficult to come up with than Prompto and Gladio's. They couldn't come up with anything apart from cooking, so they used the word "glasses" as a starting point in the brainstorming stage.
  3. The car-pushing event at the beginning of Chapter 1 was initially going to be 15 minutes long.
  4. To increase the feelings of excitement and anticipation that a journey entails, the Rock of Ravatogh was made to be visible while the player pushes the car in Chapter 1.
  5. In Chapter 3, it was initially assumed that there would be more people going to Iris in Lestallum than to the Chocobos, but it turned out to be the other way around.
  6. There will be voice lines exclusive to the quest "The Sword in the Waterfall" (t/n: also in Chapter 3).
  7. Various additions in the Royal Edition will supplement the main story.
  8. The team couldn't go into detail, but there will be another update in March.
  9. Episode Duscae was originally going to be "Episode Titan," but it was later changed to be a demo centered around an open-world experience.
  10. A new map in Chapter 14 of Insomnia was confirmed to be included in the Royal Edition.
  11. A scene that was cut from the main game in which Gladio flirts with Sania in Hammerhead was added to the FFXV Pocket Edition. Other conversations that were cut from the main game will also be in FFXV PE.
  12. The live drawing demo was drawn in the style of Yoshitaka Amano. Pictures here, here and here.
  13. It was originally planned for players to be able to craft items in the trunk of the Regalia. For example, if you put meat into it, it would become jerky. Though this was not implemented, it evolved into plans for an event in which Cindy puts luggage into the trunk. Ultimately, the trunk was cut from the game.
  14. Episode Ignis was going to be like a strategy-based/"command" RPG (t/n: think games like Dragon Age). Final Fantasy Tactics was also taken into consideration, but this made battles rather boring, so it became what it is now.
  15. Battle commands in Comrades were discussed. The team also shared problems and funny anecdotes that came up when they were developing the commands.
  16. Noctis was originally going to have a bachelor party in Galdin Quay, but because of Tabata, it was deemed that it wouldn't happen in this situation/it would be hard to actually relax given the circumstances, so it was cut from the game.
    (t/n: possible typos in the explanation.
    First translation assumes この状況てそらはない is supposed to be この状況でそれはない; second translation assumes the same sentence is supposed to be この状況で空がない.
    Edits courtesy of /u/Kairi52474 .)
  17. The multiple endings of Episode Ignis were troubling at the beginning. There was also debate over what would happen upon putting on the ring. The team started developing from the idea that loss of vision was not for fashionable/aesthetic reasons. As for the multiple endings, because the ending of the main game was already good, the alternate ending carries a sense of denial to it (in the sense that it effectively rejects reality/the true ending and the events that lead up to it).
  18. Other rejected ideas include one where adamantite was a necessary component of the boat.
  19. On Comrades: "everything is Carbungle's fault" lol
  20. There seem to be plans to change the graphics of Behemoths, Bombs, and Flans.
  21. The team was very fastidious about roadside props/accessories.
  22. It was not discussed very clearly, but there was talk of Glaives in Insomnia.
  23. The appearance of Coeurls was dialed back for the sake of balance because they were too strong.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Alex Strife (02/18/2018), Dark and Divine (02/15/2018), Shademp (02/15/2018), Tennyo (02/14/2018), The Twilight Mexican (02/15/2018)
Old 02/15/2018   #5094
Lucis Caelum

YouTube Video
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (02/18/2018), Ami (02/16/2018), Dark and Divine (02/15/2018), Tennyo (02/15/2018), The Twilight Mexican (02/15/2018), X-SOLDIER (02/15/2018)
Old 02/15/2018   #5095
Tennyo

Do my eyes deceive me or do I see a shot from EXP Con?
Old 02/15/2018   #5096
X-SOLDIER

I can't overstate how happy that video made me. <3

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/15/2018)
Old 02/15/2018   #5097
Blade

Tennyo wrote: @Blade: (SPOILER) What's to say that pic isn't post-mortem?
Because (SPOILER) dead people can fix cars like a Post-Crash Regalia.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2018   #5098
The Twilight Mexican

They can (SPOILER) get married during Noctis's funeral, so I don't see anything particularly farfetched about this (cute, just meant for kicks anyway) picture.
Thanked by:
Tennyo (02/16/2018)
Old 02/16/2018   #5099
X-SOLDIER

You might still be able to grab some of the collector's editions of the art book, if you're interested: https://www.candb.com/en/artwork/236...uare-enix.html (They kept some in stock to replace any damaged during transit, and they have a few extra left)

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2018   #5100
Ami

Lulcy wrote:
YouTube Video
Not gonna lie, my eyes started tearing up. Going to be replaying this all over again when the Royal Edition drops.

Discord | Facebook | Instagram | Twitch | Twitter | Vine | YouTube
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (02/16/2018), X-SOLDIER (02/16/2018)