The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 05/07/2018   #1006
lithiumkatana17

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 14:
AvecAloes (05/07/2018), Chloe Frazer (05/08/2018), Cthulhu (05/08/2018), Dark and Divine (05/07/2018), Ghost X (05/07/2018), Happy Little Lemon (05/08/2018), Interslicery (05/07/2018), Kuja9001 (05/07/2018), Minato (05/08/2018), Obsidian Fire (05/08/2018), Shademp (05/10/2018), Tennyo (05/09/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/07/2018)
Old 05/08/2018   #1007
Lucis Caelum

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...ekend_avengers

On its second weekend IW grosses 112.4M in domestic box office, the second highest second weekend, just behinf Force Awakens 149.2M.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (05/08/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/09/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)
Old 05/08/2018   #1008
X-SOLDIER

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/08/robert...ttoos-7530036/

The original MCU squad are now a tattoo squad.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (05/08/2018), Tennyo (05/09/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/09/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #1009
Tennyo

A certain someone improvised a certain scene. (SPOILER)

Old 05/09/2018   #1010
Tennyo

Missed opportunity in Infinity War:

(SPOILER)

Old 05/09/2018   #1011
JechtShotMK9

That entire issue is a trip, man.

I shit you not, at one point, Thanos shouts "Scat, you cat!"
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (05/10/2018), Tennyo (05/09/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/09/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/09/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #1012
JechtShotMK9

Because these are too hilarious not to share.
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (05/10/2018), Ghost X (05/09/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/09/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/09/2018)
Old 05/10/2018   #1013
Shademp

Finally watched the movie and barely got spoiled any before doing so!

(SPOILER)

- The Infinity Gauntlet is too powerful. You can't write a story with it and have it make sense. Not to mention that holding a pen or typing on a keyboard with that glove would be impossible. I wonder if Thanos has tried holding a "quill" with that.

- Thanos's "kill half the population" idea is dumb. Everybody repeats it like the "divide by two" maths are ALWAYS applied. What if a population is four times too great? Then you'd have to kill AT LEAST 3/4ths of the population. No, it's always HALF. The "too many mouths to feed" premise is already nigh-impossible for me to buy, but they have to make it worse by being so specific with the maths.

- Although we all know that a large number of deaths will be undone in later movies, it still means a lot that this movie isn't named "Infinity Wars Part 1". If the movie had been named thusly it would have lessened the impact of the "bad guy wins" ending, because it would have felt more like a prelude to the good guys winning in Part 2 rather than being the movie's ending. Good choice.

- I squee'd at the return of Red Skull. I feel like it ties up a loose end that's been around ever since the Captain America movie.

- For the most part the humor was great. The sheer amount of giggle-worthy moments covers up the numerous cases where it felt like the humor took too much centre-stage.

- Congrats on making me feel for a genocidal maniac. That is a storytelling achievement worthy of praise.

Tennyo wrote: http://www.didthanoskill.me
I was spared!

A film that wonderfully celebrates the franchise and takes great steps in standing out from Avengers 1 and 2, despite "technically" being more of the same.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (05/10/2018), ForceStealer (05/11/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/10/2018)
Old 05/11/2018   #1014
ForceStealer

Shademp wrote: (SPOILER) - Thanos's "kill half the population" idea is dumb. Everybody repeats it like the "divide by two" maths are ALWAYS applied. What if a population is four times too great? Then you'd have to kill AT LEAST 3/4ths of the population. No, it's always HALF. The "too many mouths to feed" premise is already nigh-impossible for me to buy, but they have to make it worse by being so specific with the maths.
(SPOILER) thanos: the universe has a finite amount of resources, so i’ve decided to assemble a reality altering gauntlet and use that to eliminate half of all life forms, thus ensuring the remaining life forms can live in peaceful worlds of plenty.

anyone else: why don’t you just use that gauntlet to create more resources

thanos:

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
AvecAloes (05/14/2018), Chloe Frazer (05/11/2018), Cthulhu (05/19/2018), Dark and Divine (05/11/2018), Shademp (05/11/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/11/2018)
Old 05/11/2018   #1015
Tennyo

It's better than what happens in the comics. (SPOILER) Thanos essentially just wants to get into Death's pants.
Old 05/11/2018   #1016
X-SOLDIER

ForceStealer wrote:
Shademp wrote: (SPOILER) - Thanos's "kill half the population" idea is dumb. Everybody repeats it like the "divide by two" maths are ALWAYS applied. What if a population is four times too great? Then you'd have to kill AT LEAST 3/4ths of the population. No, it's always HALF. The "too many mouths to feed" premise is already nigh-impossible for me to buy, but they have to make it worse by being so specific with the maths.
(SPOILER) thanos: the universe has a finite amount of resources, so i’ve decided to assemble a reality altering gauntlet and use that to eliminate half of all life forms, thus ensuring the remaining life forms can live in peaceful worlds of plenty.

anyone else: why don’t you just use that gauntlet to create more resources

thanos:
I feel like the answer to the second part is (SPOILER) that doubling the resources requires specific knowledge of everyone in the universe and what they need. Also, the powers of the gauntlet seem very well suited to doing what Thanos is planning, but less so to very specifically generating real matter.

Still doesn't address the inherent flaws of the plan in the long-term, and adverse effects of societal collapse, though.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Tennyo (05/11/2018)
Old 05/11/2018   #1017
Shademp

Thanos clearly (SPOILER) failed Economics 101 since he forgets that PEOPLE are also a resource.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (05/11/2018)
Old 05/11/2018   #1018
Joe

(SPOILER) I like to think that the gauntlet is capable of giving you the means to do near enough anything. But it's not a wish-granting device. The method of solving any problem is at the hands of the wielder.

In this case Thanos neither has the desire or knowledge to go around fixing everybody's issues like an all-powerful god. He aims to bring stability in the quickest, most simple way possible. He even does so without factoring in the individuals he is disintegrating. He could have wiped out all the Avengers who stood against him in that snap but he didn't. He even states there's no prejudice whatsoever in who lives or dies.

It's my headcanon that Thanos knew he too may disappear and he was fine with that.

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Shademp (05/11/2018), Tennyo (05/11/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/11/2018)
Old 05/11/2018   #1019
Chloe Frazer

The simple answer is that Thanos is a lunatic.

Some of the cast of the Avengers seem incapable of not revealing spoilers (Tom Holland being the most notorious example), the latest one being Gwyneth Paltrow (Warning Avengers 4 spoilers)
Old 05/11/2018   #1020
Lucis Caelum

Looking back at the IW teaser, it's interesting where the infinity stones were placed compared to where they end up in the actual movie.

Index Knuckle = Time
Middle Knucle = Space
Ring Nuckle = Reality
Little Nuckle = Power
Thumb = Mind
Center = Soul

This could have made alternative interesting story.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (05/11/2018)