The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 02/25/2014   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' is coming back!

YouTube Video

FUCK. YES.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Hisako (03/16/2015), Mr. Ite (02/27/2014), The Twilight Mexican (02/25/2014), Unit-01 (02/26/2017)
Old 03/15/2015   #2
X-SOLDIER

*bumping this, so that we can separate this content from the Rebels content*

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/16/2015)
Old 03/16/2015   #3
Tetsujin

Right, gonna watch S6 today.

Sooo, which plotlines aren't gonna be wrapped up?

(SPOILER) I already know about Ahsoka in Rebels so that's one thing I don't need to be too bummed out about.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (03/18/2015), X-SOLDIER (03/16/2015)
Old 03/17/2015   #4
Tetsujin

Finished watching this, I have.

I like how they addressed one of the plot holes from AOTC - the fact that Obi-Wan does this whole investigation thing and finds out a whole bunch of stuff and then the whole thing is simply dropped. "Oh, Sifo-Dyas ordered an army for us even though he was dead at the time? Suspi- nevermind, we have an army now, let's fuck shit up and not worry about this "

Although it is weird how they do know now for certain that Dooku was the one who did it. Now it makes even less sense for them to just go along with everything.

There were quite a few episodes that seemed like a giant tease. As if the Jedi were finally about to uncover the conspiracy and then you remember they won't. =(

I liked the final arc as well. Makes the whole thing with Yoda having learned how to be a Force ghost from Qui-Gon in EpIII come not so much out of nowhere.

I wonder what they would have done with Ahsoka if it wasn't for the cancelation. Her entire life was at the temple - where does she even go from there, with no money and no home in an enormous city like Coruscant? =p

Last edited by Tetsujin; 03/17/2015 at 07:28 PM.
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (03/18/2015), X-SOLDIER (03/17/2015)
Old 03/17/2015   #5
X-SOLDIER

Darth Maul's story is another one that got left in limbo at the cutoff that had me really excited, and I hope that we can get to see little hints about in the future. Seeing his direct confrontation with Sidious was easily one of my favourite moments of the series. I'm really hoping that Rebels will take a chance to expand to little side stories away from the primary cast once it gets going, because (although never explicitly stated) the whole thing with Maul happened in Clone Wars because EVERYONE wants Old Wounds to be canon, and Rebels happens to be roughly in the right time frame to potentially show that happen.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (03/18/2015)
Old 03/17/2015   #6
Tetsujin

Didn't they make a Darth Maul comic from the remaining story they had planned?
Thanked by:
Old 03/17/2015   #7
X-SOLDIER

They did, and I've read it - but it's Dark Horse, so it's also pre-Marvel canon reset, and I don't know if it tags along with The Clone Wars, but it's relatively inconsequential whether or not it does. If I recall correctly, he escapes captivity, and Sidious & Dooku kill Talzin (who is his ACTUAL mother as well), and he lives to fight another day.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Old 03/17/2015   #8
Tetsujin

It's part of the canon as far as I'm aware. I have not read it yet but plan to do so.
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (03/18/2015), X-SOLDIER (03/18/2015)
Old 03/18/2015   #9
X-SOLDIER

It looks like you're right and Son of Dathomir was in fact the very first piece of new official canon content in comic book form for Star Wars - despite still being a Dark Horse title.

In even MORE kickass news -- Asajj Ventress' storyline that was planned for The Clone Wars, Season 7 is becoming a comic book!!!!!

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Old 03/18/2015   #10
Tetsujin

Novel*
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (03/20/2015), X-SOLDIER (03/18/2015)
Old 02/26/2017   #11
X-SOLDIER

A decent Reddit post about all the unfinished episodes: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...nfinished_tcw/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (02/26/2017), Tetsujin (02/26/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/26/2017)
Old 02/26/2017   #12
Unit-01

Return to the Jedi
This arc would have had Ahsoka return to the Jedi to investigate the depths of the Jedi Temple, where deep below there exists a long buried Sith Temple powerful in the Dark Side. Sidious would have attempted to get through into the holocron vault, but Ahsoka would have held him back through the door as seen in the art.
Here is the art we have for the episodes.

Yuuzhan Vong Arc
Very little is known about this arc. It would have been an alien abduction in the style of X-Files with a scout ship trying to asses the strength of the Republic, and per George's request the Yuuzhan Vong would not have been immune to the Force.
Here is the art we have for the episodes.
Wow these, and the rest sounded great. Ontop of Revan almost making it, the Yuuzhan Vong would've had their much much earlier appearance than in Legends.
Unit-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (02/27/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/27/2017)
Old 07/19/2018   #13
Lucis Caelum
Default 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' is coming back

YouTube Video
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (07/20/2018), Shademp (07/19/2018), Tetsujin (07/20/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/20/2018), X-SOLDIER (07/19/2018)
Old 07/19/2018   #14
X-SOLDIER

OH MY FUCKING GODS, YES. I remember the story that he wanted to tell here, and we got little bits of it in the Ahsoka novel, but to SEE it. This is gonna be EVERYTHING.

(Also, merged with the previous Clone Wars thread)

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 07/19/2018   #15
Lucis Caelum

But this means there's not a lot of story left to tell for the in-between EPII & EPIII time period (I don't remember if there were a lot of plot threads left unresolved before the cancellation)? They can only stretch this time period for so long.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (07/20/2018)