The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 08/12/2017   #211
The Twilight Mexican

X-SOLDIER wrote: Some looks at where things are likely to be going: http://io9.gizmodo.com/james-cameron...the-1797761068
If it's anywhere other than that trash bin at the End of Time in "Chrono Trigger," I'll be thoroughly surprised.

Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 08/12/2017 at 03:10 AM.
The Twilight Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2017   #212
X-SOLDIER

Expect some news in about a week: https://skynetsarmy.net/2017/09/12/t...cially-direct/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (09/14/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/15/2017)
Old 09/15/2017   #213
The Twilight Mexican

Stop trying to make "fetch" happen.
Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (09/15/2017), Interslicery (09/15/2017), Super Mario (09/28/2017)
Old 09/20/2017   #214
X-SOLDIER

Looks like this is being treated as a sequel to T2, Arnold Schwarzenegger & Linda Hamilton are both returning, and it's being written by the folks who wrote The Dark Knight & Blade, as well as Dark Angel & TSCC, and directed by Deadpool's Tim Miller: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...nchise-1040948

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 4:
Animexcel (09/21/2017), Dark and Divine (09/20/2017), Ghost X (09/20/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/20/2017)
Old 09/20/2017   #215
Tetsujin

Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy
Uh-huh.

Like Salvation was the start of a new trilogy. And how Genisys was the start of a new trilogy.

How about we just make one fucking movie and see if that turns out good before we do the trilogy talk again.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Russell (08/01/2018), Super Mario (09/25/2017), The Mad King (07/04/2018), The Twilight Mexican (09/20/2017), X-SOLDIER (09/20/2017)
Old 09/20/2017   #216
Ghost X

My ears are admittedly perking at the names attached. Certainly will not immediately say this project is doomed. However, I would not say it is guaranteed to be awesome either. The franchise is in better hands than it has been since T2 though, I think that can be said without argument.

A "direct sequel" I'm guessing wouldn't be set immediately after T2 for obvious reasons, with the aged actors involved . Glad they seem to be retconning everything after T2 though... at least hopefully.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (09/20/2017), X-SOLDIER (09/20/2017)
Old 09/20/2017   #217
X-SOLDIER

Ghost X wrote: My ears are admittedly perking at the names attached. Certainly will not immediately say this project is doomed. However, I would not say it is guaranteed to be awesome either. The franchise is in better hands than it has been since T2 though, I think that can be said without argument.

A "direct sequel" I'm guessing wouldn't be set immediately after T2 for obvious reasons, with the aged actors involved . Glad they seem to be retconning everything after T2 though... at least hopefully.
(The beauty of time-travel films is that you don't necessarily have to retcon anything, since the time-travel itself just reasserts the storyline in-canon anytime you jump earlier).

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (09/20/2017), Super Mario (09/25/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/20/2017)
Old 09/27/2017   #218
X-SOLDIER

Looks like July 26, 2019 is when it's set to come out, and LOTS of interview info with James Cameron: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fea...entury-1043027

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (09/27/2017), Super Mario (09/28/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/28/2017)
Old 09/28/2017   #219
Super Mario

I don't know man, is he going senile? He used to make empowering women in films now he dislikes/disses wonder woman for what she is, then backpedaling his comments and worst of all, suckered me into seeing that clown fiesta that was Genisys and their assfuck of a marketing strategy to spoil what would be one decent plot twist. I am beginning to question his credibility despite having plans to make Battle Angel, Avatar: The Last Airbender 2 and 3 ( ) and now this new clown fiesta of a terminator to the point he is confident he will make it a trilogy. Geez, like Tet says, let shit get good first before clamoring for more!

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (09/28/2017)
Old 04/14/2018   #220
X-SOLDIER

More casting news: http://deadline.com/2018/04/the-term...nt-1202364049/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (04/14/2018), Ghost X (04/14/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/14/2018)
Old 06/21/2018   #221
X-SOLDIER

Set photos of Linda Hamilton: https://www.theterminatorfans.com/ex...rminator-2019/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (06/21/2018), Dark and Divine (06/21/2018), Ghost X (06/21/2018), Tetsujin (06/21/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/21/2018)
Old 06/21/2018   #222
Tetsujin

Now that's Sarah Connor.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (06/21/2018), Ghost X (06/21/2018), Russell (06/21/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/21/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/21/2018)
Old 06/21/2018   #223
Chloe Frazer

This isn't new but I had forgotten to post it when it came out, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that Emilia Clarke did not enjoy being a part of Genisys and was relieved when the sequel died. Apparently the production was way more troubled than reported because even the crew of Fantastic Four were wearing jackets that read "AT LEAST WE’RE NOT ON TERMINATOR" which is hilarious.
Old 08/01/2018   #224
X-SOLDIER

Official first look at the new #Terminator featuring Natalia Reyes, Mackenzie Davis and Linda Hamilton. Directed by Tim Miller (DEADPOOL). Produced by James Cameron and David Ellison. In theatres 11.22.19.
Via: https://twitter.com/Terminator/statu...40947940773888

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (08/02/2018), Ghost X (08/02/2018), The Twilight Mexican (08/04/2018)
Old 08/02/2018   #225
Ghost X

So Davis plays a terminator? She's got suspicious line work on her .

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (08/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (08/02/2018)