The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy: Dissidia

Final Fantasy: Dissidia The PSP fighting game featuring a culmination of all of the Final Fantasy Universes.

Old 08/29/2014   #1
jazzflower92
Default What Character Would You Like To Appear In The Dissidia Series?

I know mostly the main important characters appear in this sub series but which characters do you want to see in the games.

I myself wish they could have Jenova as character herself so the Chaos side can have more female members. If Jenova were to appear I think she would look like a blue female humanoid with white hair. Her outfit would be similar to her son's. I think the way it can explained how she got involved is that Chaos had a hand in making her stronger and rejuvenate her abilities.
jazzflower92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Dawnbreaker (08/29/2014), Minato (08/30/2014)
Old 08/29/2014   #2
Ghost X

Secondary characters appeared for the Cosmos side, no? Why not some secondary characters for the other side. I like your thinking. Having not played the games, so I wouldn't know, but has Seifer made an appearance? Has Garland (FFIX)? has Yunalesca? Get some FFXII characters in there too. Basch, Vayne (no one likes Vaan, iirc ).

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
LicoriceAllsorts (08/30/2014)
Old 08/29/2014   #3
jazzflower92

You know Seymour was originally going to be in the Dissidia series until they decided to put in Jehct instead.
Old 08/29/2014   #4
Ghost X

I totally forgot about Seymour .

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2014   #5
Dawnbreaker

Hmm, I'd really like to Rydia (FFIV) and Celes (FFVI), tbh.

As for Team Chaos, I think it would be cool to see Emperor Gestahl (FFVI) and one of the Turks (FFVII).

Oh, and Beatrix (FFIX). Beatrix would be real fun to work with, since they could have her bounce between both teams.

"I'll make you happy," said Life, "But first, I'll make you strong."

"You can do everything right and still lose. That is not weakness; that is Life." Jean-Luc Picard / Patrick Stewart

"It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people." Martin Luthar King Jr.

Dawnbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2014   #6
ForceStealer

BEATRIX

Holy crap I was angry when she wasn't in 012.

1) The game needs ladies. 2) The villains need physical fighters. Garland, Sephiroth, and Jecht are the only primarily physical fighters. 3) As stated she has plenty of story opportunities regarding her allegiance. 4) She's freakin awesome.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Dawnbreaker (08/30/2014)
Old 08/30/2014   #7
Minato

Rubicante, Galuf, Celes, Leo, Locke, Jenova, Red XIII, Seifer, Beatrix, Seymour, Balthier, Dr. Cid Bunansa, Sazh, Fang, Barthandelus
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Dawnbreaker (08/31/2014)
Old 08/30/2014   #8
Chloe Frazer

Zack.
Old 09/02/2014   #9
Wolfhart

Nanaki Zack would be great too!
Dawnbreaker (09/02/2014)
Old 09/02/2014   #10
Keveh Kins

If I had to pick a villian from XIII I'd probably pick Cid Raines, could do the whole puppet of Chaos who used to fight against him thing and whatnot, and his Ex Mode could be his L'Cie form. Think he'd fit better than Barthandelus, even though Barty was the major bad guy of the original game.

Beatrix would be awesome, as would Vivi, that wee dude's story was one of the best parts of FFIX. He could have massive existential crises over whether he's just another Manikin or something

I'd like Barret and Dyne to be in it, but there fighting styles would have to be very different or else they may as well be palette swaps.

Quistis would be class. Hurrhurr, geddit? Class? 'Cause she's an Instructor? And teaches? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....I need to get out more ;_;

Hire claustrophobics. On the whole,
they're better at thinking outside the box.
Keveh Kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2014   #11
ForceStealer

...that Vivi story idea is so obvious, but I never thought of it. That would be perfect.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Wolfhart (09/03/2014)
Old 09/02/2014   #12
Super Mario

Vincent Valentine and Balthier. For villains I am unsure, Kadaj probably. All the good shit has already been present in Dissidia.

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2014   #13
Danseru-kun

Celes, Ashe, Rydia, Serah

all ladies

Behold my custom FFVII balls!

my favorite awards
Best Newcomer and Most Likely to Save the World
Most Suited to Be on Cosmosí Side

Helkaweth wrote: Danseru, have you tried grinding in the dinosaur forest?
Danseru-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2014   #14
jazzflower92

I was thinking Weiss should be included and he would be on the Chaos side. Even better he would try to form an alliance with Sephiroth but he would refuse saying he works only with his mother. If Jenova was included maybe she would persuade her son to take Weiss' offer.
Old 09/02/2014   #15
Drax

-Job/Character/EX finisher:

Chaos:

Monk-Rude
EX- Grand Spark-charges up, then Power Dunks the opponent ala Terry Bogard

Red Mage-Reno
EX- Turk Light-traps enemy inside a pyramid of light, then charges up and shoots an undodgeable fireball from his staff

Hunter-Vincent Valentine
EX- Chaos-Vincent changes into the beast-form Chaos, sends flying burning ghost skulls through opponent, immediately causing Death/0HP
(*I see him really conflicted and confused if he's had a memory wipe, which is why he's on this side)

Gunner-Seifer Almasy
EX- Fire Cross-Seifer ignites the enemy using one hand, then charges his gun behind him and flings a large spinning halo of flames with the other hand

Ninja-Amarant Coral
EX- No Mercy-Amarant kamehameha's the opponent with a large energy ball

Cosmos:

Monk-Josef (FFII)
EX- Winter's End-A giant spinning boulder of ice flies toward Josef from the sky, Josef leaps up to halt it, then redirects it toward the opponent

Machinist-Edgar Roni Figaro
EX- Chainsaw-Edgar wears a hockey mask & chainsaw and spins through opponent. Instant KO.

Dragoon-Cid Highwind
EX- Highwind-Cid calls for his airship to swoop down and fire a missile attack on opponent

Gunner-Barrett Wallace
EX- Catastrophe-Barret fires a very large beam directly at the target ala Iron Man's Proton Cannon in Marvel vs Capcom

Gadiator- Raubahn Aldynn
EX- Circle of Scorn/For Ul'Dah and Her Majesty-Raubahn charges up in full gear and helmet, delivers a succession of sword strikes to the opponent, then jumps in the air and crashes down in a finisher, leaving a circle of blades and light around the target.

Last edited by Drax; 09/02/2014 at 05:40 PM.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (09/02/2014), Kingdom Hearts530 (02/15/2015), Shademp (09/02/2014), The Pyro (09/02/2014)