The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 04/04/2017   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default ZIM RETURNS IN 90 MIN FILM, FIILLLTHY HUMAAANS!!!

Nickelodeon is apparently reviving it as a part of anniversary stuff that they're doing with other shows, and we already know that Zim, Gir, Dib, & Gaz's VAs are on board.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/04/nickelod...-zim-tv-movie/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Dark and Divine (07/13/2017), Dawnbreaker (07/18/2017), f a n c y (07/16/2017), Joe (04/05/2017), Tennyo (07/13/2017)
Old 04/04/2017   #2
Joe

Fuck

Yes

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (07/13/2017), Tennyo (07/13/2017), X-SOLDIER (04/04/2017)
Old 04/04/2017   #3
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Also, of COURSE Jhonen Vasquez is directing it: http://nerdist.com/invader-zim-returns-sequel/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (07/13/2017), Joe (04/05/2017), Tennyo (07/13/2017)
Old 04/04/2017   #4
Mr. Ite

OMG YES. Not much to say except to flail around and squee!
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tennyo (07/13/2017), X-SOLDIER (04/05/2017)
Old 07/13/2017   #5
X-SOLDIER

Because I apparently missed these being released a couple days after the announcement video, and just stumbled on them now:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

That cacophonous laughter in the second one just sends all the wonderful shivers down my spine.
Dear gods, I cannot wait for this.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (07/13/2017), Joe (07/13/2017), Tennyo (07/13/2017)
Old 07/13/2017   #6
Tennyo

I love Invader Zim and all, but Jhonen Vasquez always came off as kind of a dick to me and seemed as though he didn't even like his own creation. So I feel a bit surprised this is happening. It's a nice surprise, though.

Last edited by Tennyo; 07/13/2017 at 10:28 PM.
Tennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (07/13/2017)
Old 07/13/2017   #7
X-SOLDIER

Tennyo wrote: I love Invader Zim and all, but Jhonen Vasquez ways came off as kind of a dick to me and seemed as though he didn't even like his own creation. So I feel a bit surprised this is happening. It's a nice surprise, though.
I think he got burned out by a lot of what happened around its cancellation, but he's been working on the IDW comic for it and that's been friggin' excellent.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Tennyo (07/13/2017)
Old 07/15/2017   #8
X-SOLDIER

This video was made a bit before the new film was announced, but it's got a lot of information about the stuff that happened with the series in production:

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Tennyo (07/15/2017)
Old 07/18/2017   #9
Dawnbreaker

"I'll make you happy," said Life, "But first, I'll make you strong."

"You can do everything right and still lose. That is not weakness; that is Life." Jean-Luc Picard / Patrick Stewart

"It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people." Martin Luthar King Jr.

Dawnbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (07/18/2017)
Old 07/20/2018   #10
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
looneymoon (07/20/2018)