The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment > Comics

Comics For when you need your comic and webcomic discussion fix.

Old 11/05/2014   #106
The Twilight Mexican

Your idea is good and you should feel good. I want it.
Thanked by 3:
Drax (11/05/2014), Tennyo (11/06/2014), X-SOLDIER (11/05/2014)
Old 11/06/2014   #107
Tennyo

Wasn't there a password-only subforum at one point?
Old 11/06/2014   #108
X-SOLDIER

There was an access-specific one, but that's cause there were some scans being posted in there. I'm thinking a general access one that's just about things that are generally of the comic nature. I'll probably set about setting something up if I can get a little time to do so.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tennyo (11/06/2014), The Twilight Mexican (11/06/2014)
Old 11/07/2014   #109
The Twilight Mexican

YouTube Video

Just take my money now, Marvel.
Thanked by:
Tennyo (11/07/2014)
Old 11/07/2014   #110
Tennyo

I like how Miles is featured very prominently in the Secret Wars promos. He needs more love.

Has anyone read Amazing Spider-Man #9 yet?

Old 11/07/2014   #111
Drax

It's like they keep trying to strip him since issue 1 as some running joke.

@Secret Wars--not sure, but I think as soon as you throw Marvel Zombies in the mix it's just straight-up virus epidemic for everybody. It doesn't look good for Alternate Universe Pete and his family.

Also I really need to read Ms. Marvel, somebody pointed this out to me

And in other news, catching up on Hawkeye. Kate still remains my character of the year

Last edited by Drax; 11/07/2014 at 12:54 PM.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tennyo (11/07/2014), The Twilight Mexican (11/07/2014)
Old 11/17/2014   #112
X-SOLDIER

I was going to make this subforum today, but instead I'm going to start making threads between doing things at work.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Drax (11/18/2014), Tennyo (11/17/2014), The Twilight Mexican (11/17/2014)
Old 11/17/2014   #113
The Twilight Mexican

Too slow. Your kung-fu is weak.
Thanked by 2:
Tennyo (11/18/2014), X-SOLDIER (11/17/2014)
Old 11/17/2014   #114
X-SOLDIER

Also, I've set up the whole "Comic Title (Extras) [Distributor]" format, 'cause I think that it'll be helpful for people looking to pick them up.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Drax (11/18/2014), Tennyo (11/19/2014), The Twilight Mexican (11/17/2014)
Old 11/19/2014   #115
Cookie Monster

Dunno why kids have been hating on DC. New 52 Batman is fucking awesome.

You guys need to start following Scott Snyder. He's writing Batman New 52, Batman Eternal, Superman Unchained, and American Vampire. Greg Capullo has been doing the artwork for Batman New 52. Here's a taste:

(SPOILER)
Old 11/19/2014   #116
X-SOLDIER

DC had a bit of a sale on some of their titles on ComiXology a while back, and I picked up some of the New 52 titles, but I haven't gotten to the point that I've been following them (and my old phone died, and I didn't read all of them). I did enjoy the shit out of the start of Aquaman (and how it addressed all of the cliché tropes people say about him), but I didn't keep following it, though. I might look into it at some point though, as that's the one I'm most inclined to currently.

I started Batman, Batman & Robin, Robin Rises: Omega, (and just realized I hadn't read Swamp Thing, so I'm re-downloading it now), but none of them really got me wanting to keep reading them. (On a non-DC-related note, I've been the same way with every Doctor Who comic I've ever downloaded, too).

I guess it's just 'cause I never get to a jumping off point with most DC titles that really pulls me into them. I'd been reading Batman Beyond 2.0 for a while, but fell out of it when they did the Lord Superman universe crossover, but I've been meaning to catch back up with it.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 11/19/2014   #117
The Twilight Mexican

Road, you did not seriously use "fucking awesome" in a thought process that included "Batman Eternal," did you? I actually gave that shit a chance and it's an absolute casserole of what the fuck.
Old 11/19/2014   #118
Cookie Monster

There's several writers in Batman Eternal, each writing their own ark. I'll admit it's hard to follow. The main story is actually laid out in Snyder's arc, and Tynion's.
Old 11/21/2014   #119
Drax

For the Marvel Secret Wars stuff--anybody remember the Secret Wars toys from the 80s? I still have Kang, Doctor Doom, Red/Blue and Black Suit Spideys.

Anyways, they're re-releasing them as limited edition figures through Gentle Giant.

http://marvel.com/news/toys/23703/jo...owback_figures

They've also been upscaled to 12". I was unaware there was a Hobgoblin figure.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/22/2014)
Old 01/13/2015   #120
X-SOLDIER

Some recommended reading for 2015: http://io9.com/2015-is-going-to-be-a...r-b-1679279274

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Tennyo (01/14/2015)