The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 04/23/2018   #76
Clement Rage

What's this like relative to the other games? Played GOW2 years ago and didn't really like it.

Would be interesting if (SPOILER) his wife was the teammate. A lot of good conversation potential there, starting with 'So... you killed the entire Greek pantheon for your first wife, huh?'
Old 04/23/2018   #77
Ergo

Clement Rage wrote: What's this like relative to the other games? Played GOW2 years ago and didn't really like it.

Would be interesting if (SPOILER) his wife was the teammate. A lot of good conversation potential there, starting with 'So... you killed the entire Greek pantheon for your first wife, huh?'
Totally different than any other gow game I've played.
Kratos isn't looking for a fight, he just wants to be left alone and not let his anger control him. It's essentially his second chance at having a family and the plot heavily relies on the dynamic between him.and his son being strained and that his wife was essentially the go between tying the two together.

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Interslicery (04/23/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/23/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #78
Tetsujin

Just got to a new location (SPOILER) (Alfheim) and man is it pretty. That photo mode update can't drop quickly enough!

Really loving the world and the lore so far.
While I really like the previous games the Greek sandals and toga aesthetic was never something I was super into. The Norse vibe on the other hand I really dig.

Last edited by Tetsujin; 04/24/2018 at 08:39 PM.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Interslicery (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #79
Shademp

Something old, God of War related that I only just now learned about.

Ehm wrote: The tattoo(?) on Kratos looks like a "G" while the texture is flat. Cause God of War. God. I'll see myself out now.

- Source
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Ergo (04/24/2018), Ghost X (04/24/2018), Tetsujin (04/24/2018)
Old 04/25/2018   #80
Lex

I'm at the very very beginning of the game, but I was amused by

(SPOILER) the bridge part. Obviously I've watched the original E3 segment loads at this point (mainly because the reactions are gold) and I legit went "oh no here's the bridge with the troll" and not 2 seconds later Atreus goes "ooft, I half expected there to be a troll under that bridge".

Top notch

Everything feels amazing so far. I'm taking it incredibly slowly though.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (04/25/2018), Interslicery (04/26/2018), Tetsujin (04/25/2018)
Old 04/27/2018   #81
Lex

Just wanted to share this gif because I thought it was hilarious

(That's Cory Barlog, the Director).

Anyway, I'm now at a point in the game where I can't say much without spoilers. I have no idea where I actually am in the game (in terms of % of main story) because it's me playing it which means I've blasted every bit of side content I can find so far. I'll try to add spoiler free descriptions to these:

First time you get in a boat

So the lake with the world serpent - I spent the most time here in any area so far just combing every edge of the lake. This is also the point I've noticed you start seeing stuff you can't access yet (The Witch's Cave being the first instance).

I freed that Dragon, that was a bloody fun side quest and wow I can't even begin to express how impressed I am with that whole castle being a side objective. The mines also. There's been a LOT to do outside the main story so far.

Main Story Location: Alfheim

Just finished up here and this is where I am at the minute. Unlocked the light arrows to make those bridges.

So far I'm really enjoying the relationship between Kratos and Atreus, I can't believe they've managed to give Kratos a bit of depth finally. Having the Codex and Bestiary written from Atreus's perspective was just a masterstroke. I find myself reading every single bit.

So still having an amazing time. Playing on my new 55" Sony Bravia XE90 in 4K HDR is certainly helping me appreciate the games visuals and be super immersed.

So far:

Story: Enjoying it
Gameplay: Having a blast
Graphics: Wow pretty

As I said before, I don't know where I am in terms of completion. I'm hoping I'm somewhere before or around the halfway point, but there's no way for me to tell.

Thanked by 2:
Ergo (04/27/2018), Interslicery (04/27/2018)
Old 04/27/2018   #82
Interslicery

I haven't finished the game yet, but I'd estimate you're maybe... 1/5 the way through? If not less.

Last edited by Interslicery; 04/27/2018 at 04:58 PM.
Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lex (04/27/2018)
Old 04/27/2018   #83
Lex

Wait what? Surely not XD. This has been billed as a 13-30 hour game and I have something like 26 hours on my save file XD

(I'm very pleased if you're right though. I'm enjoying the experience too much for it to be nearly over).

Thanked by:
Ergo (04/27/2018)
Old 04/27/2018   #84
Tetsujin

I doubt you have 26 hours already.
I don't think even I have that much and I'm a bit further. Where you are is still pretty early.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lex (04/28/2018)
Old 04/27/2018   #85
X-SOLDIER

There's apparently an endgame secret in the Collector's Edition map

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2018   #86
Ergo

Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (04/28/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)
Old 04/29/2018   #87
Ghost X

Post end-game discussion. Don't read until you finish: (SPOILER) Kratos's son is Loki. I think that could spell some trouble down the road, and tragedy and so on

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)
Old 04/29/2018   #88
Lex

OH MY GOD

Story weapon thing

See when he uncovered the blades from the house and then put them on with Athena in the background... the whole sequence from Atreus's illness to this point has been fucking amazing.

I exclaimed out loud when I pressed R1 and the blades were back. I wish I'd recorded my reaction. What a moment.

amazing

Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (04/29/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)
Old 04/29/2018   #89
Ergo

Weird question for you folk who are obviously way ahead of me. In regards to opening up all the realms via the world tree, are they optional or mandatory? I've opened up two after the elves just by collecting codexes etc but I didn't wanna visit in case I need to go back later on as the main plot.

Thanked by 2:
Lex (04/29/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)
Old 04/29/2018   #90
Lex

^Pretty sure they're optional.

Valkyrie stuff

These fuckers are SOLID. Just as you get a method down for one the next one is more difficult, so on and so forth. I've been stuck on Eir for a while now, took down 4 before her. Jeepers. They give you less room in an arena for a fight where it feels like you have to dodge and move far more than the others, the bastards.

Thanked by 2:
Ergo (04/29/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)