The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 05/07/2018   #106
Claymore

I was planning on finally replaying XV in order to give it a second chance (I've not played it since the original 'vanilla' version without all the QOL updates and improvements) ... but then I decided to God of War a go after all the posts in here - and I'm not regretting that choice one bit.

The combat is fun, the scenery is beautiful, and I'm immediately engulfed into the lore and the story between Kratos and Arteus. It's incredible just how quickly you feel for these characters - I've not felt anything like this gaming experience since The Last Of Us.

Really loving it so far.

Last edited by Claymore; 05/07/2018 at 08:26 AM.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Ghost X (05/07/2018), Lex (05/18/2018), Purple (05/07/2018), Tetsujin (05/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)
Old 05/07/2018   #107
Purple

Tetsujin wrote:
Atreus giving Squall a run for his money

(SPOILER) Speaking of Atreus, what do you all think about his sudden turn to the "dark side" after learning he was a god? I thought it could be a normal reaction for a kid his age but what I found interesting was how he couldn't remember killing Modi when he saw those illusions in hell. Could this mean something for the next game?
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (05/07/2018), Lex (05/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/08/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #108
X-SOLDIER

That video with Cory Barlog was friggin' awesome, Lex. Now I've become really intrigued in digging around for clues as the missus plays through it, and checking out things where Reddit folk are translating runes at the end of the game. I'm also looking forward to see how the (SPOILER) Egyptian, Celtic, & Japanese things tie in in the future.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lex (05/09/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #109
Lex

I'm sure all of you know this but Mimir is Scottish and a Sgian-dubh is the traditional knife worn with a kilt (I have one). I've just seen a few instances of people not knowing he was Scottish.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ergo (05/09/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/09/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #110
Lex

Bear McCreary talks about the soundtrack

EDIT: Also they're adding photo mode today. That's enough on its own to make me want to do another playthrough.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.

Last edited by Lex; 05/09/2018 at 08:44 PM.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Purple (05/10/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/09/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #111
Tetsujin

There are only two more hidden story trophies for me. Guess I'm getting close to the end now. Work had me too tired to continue this week though. D:

Good to hear photo mode finally drops.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Lex (05/09/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/09/2018)
Old 05/10/2018   #112
Tetsujin

Just finished the game.

Still lots of optional stuff to do for me though.

SPOILERS Tried out photo mode doing optional area stuff

"This fuckin guy"

Last edited by Tetsujin; 05/10/2018 at 03:50 PM.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Addy Carver (05/17/2018), Interslicery (05/10/2018), Lex (05/10/2018), Purple (05/10/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/10/2018)
Old 05/10/2018   #113
X-SOLDIER

Some potential spoilers in the footage used, but dear gods, this video is amazing.

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Purple (05/20/2018), Shademp (05/26/2018)
Old 05/17/2018   #114
Addy Carver

We just finished watching Jack SepticEye's play through of the main game. Jesus H it's fucking incredible. I want to play it pretty badly right now. I predict the next game will be another Norse-themed adventure with world-hopping on a bigger scale (more of Midgard but at different points in time).
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Addy Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Cthulhu (05/17/2018), Lex (05/17/2018), Purple (05/20/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/18/2018)
Old 05/17/2018   #115
Cthulhu

If the previous God of War games are anything to go by, the sequels (if any) will fucking own this one, .

Okay so I haven't seen any of this game beyond what I think is the first segment, but it looks a lot more lowkey than the previous games, like, dungeons and woods and shit instead of idk, fucking giant horse carriages and literlly hell and shit.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Addy Carver (05/18/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/18/2018)
Old 05/18/2018   #116
Addy Carver

You're already underestimating it.
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Addy Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Cthulhu (05/18/2018), Lex (05/18/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/18/2018)
Old 05/18/2018   #117
Cthulhu

Thanks, awesome

I'll get on it once I've finished Witcher 3. That game takes a while to pick up / get used to. It has now though, .
Old 05/18/2018   #118
Ergo

Cthulhu wrote: Thanks, awesome

I'll get on it once I've finished Witcher 3. That game takes a while to pick up / get used to. It has now though, .

If your playing the goty edition of the Witcher 3 you will be out of commission for a few months lol

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cthulhu (05/20/2018)
Old 05/20/2018   #119
Purple

Cthulhu wrote: If the previous God of War games are anything to go by, the sequels (if any) will fucking own this one, .

Okay so I haven't seen any of this game beyond what I think is the first segment, but it looks a lot more lowkey than the previous games, like, dungeons and woods and shit instead of idk, fucking giant horse carriages and literlly hell and shit.
I really hope it owns this one, although I can't think of a way they can top this game. It's absolutely amazing. I trust Cory and his team, can't wait for what they have in store for us next!
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Cthulhu (05/20/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/21/2018)
Old 05/20/2018   #120
Cthulhu

Ergo wrote:
Cthulhu wrote: Thanks, awesome

If your playing the goty edition of the Witcher 3 you will be out of commission for a few months lol
lawls, not yet; I read left and right that the DLCs add about 25 ish hours to it? But also that the Blood & Wine expansion is a game on its own. RIP time,

I really don't mind though; I felt like the previous game ended before it had started, somehow. It was long-winded on the one side, but it doesn't have a proper start or ending either - it builds on top of the previous game, and looks ahead to the next one. Which IMO isn't a good thing, but hey. I do appreciate how CD Project Red seems to have learned how to build a good game on their own, independently from other game makers (and not beholden to money-grubbing publishers).

Off course, I'm afraid the money grabbing will only be a matter of time. The Witcher MMOrpeger is a logical follow-up.

Then again, I would've expected a GoT MMO by now. I actually wouldn't mind if CD Project got a license for a game like that, they could just use the same engine and probably reuse a lot of the assets for that.

er, anyway, God of War, yes,
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (05/21/2018)