The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII All events from the 1997 classic RPG, with which it all began.

Old 07/13/2018   #46
Lilly Pilly

Nivaldia wrote: No.., he is not my favourite. Its a superficial, "vacuum", boring character.
Lilly Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
BforBrigitta (07/13/2018), f a n c y (07/13/2018), solo player sab (07/13/2018)
Old 07/13/2018   #47
BforBrigitta

I wonder if Cloud likes spicy food...
BforBrigitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
f a n c y (07/13/2018), Lilly Pilly (07/13/2018), looneymoon (07/13/2018), solo player sab (07/13/2018), SoZettaSlow (07/13/2018)
Old 07/13/2018   #48
Nivaldia

Lilly Pilly wrote:
Nivaldia wrote: No.., he is not my favourite. Its a superficial, "vacuum", boring character.

Cloud, from my team three characters, seems to me the poorest character.

Cloud does not have enough "psychological depth" to give it a true definition, it is something very difficult to define.... that remains in air, he seems a character half done, without enough personality, as if the building lacked the last stone .. feelings are not enough based, coherent: powerful.

Compared with Tifa or Yuffie, characters drawn with simpler, but more robust traits, I would he laks the last sketch
Nivaldia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2018   #49
Nivaldia

Nivaldia wrote:
Lilly Pilly wrote:

Cloud, from my team three characters, seems to me the poorest character.

Cloud does not have enough "psychological depth" to give it a true definition, it is something very difficult to define.... that remains in air, he seems a character half done, without enough personality, as if the building lacked the last stone .. feelings are not enough based, coherent: powerful.

Compared with Tifa or Yuffie, characters drawn with simpler, but more robust traits, I would he laks the last sketch
Old 07/13/2018   #50
Nivaldia

I was editing the post and a duplicate appeared.
Old 07/13/2018   #51
SoZettaSlow

While he has a point, Cloud feels fine in FFVII it's any other appearance of him that's really weak since Tetsuya Nomura doesnt really do well with consistency.

I know I'm the worst boo,
But I can be cool too.
SoZettaSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
looneymoon (07/13/2018)
Old 07/13/2018   #52
Minato

SoZettaSlow wrote: While he has a point, Cloud feels fine in FFVII it's any other appearance of him that's really weak since Tetsuya Nomura doesnt really do well with consistency.
Well Cloud was created to be a main character of a story that resolves psychological issues of his along the way that effect his mannerisms and attidute. Any other appearance he makes inevitably tries to represent his tough guy exterior that hides inner turmoil without the real fullblown issues he has in the FFVIi.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lilly Pilly (07/13/2018)
Old 07/13/2018   #53
Lilly Pilly

Cloud does not have any "psychological depth"? For real? You know the kind of psychological effed up shit he went through? How his brain was so fried with Mako poisoning/experiments that he lost his own memories and adopted Zack's? How it left him so vulnerable to Zephiroth that he almost killed Aerith because he had no control over his own mind? How Tifa had to put all the puzzle pieces of him back together again, and how after all that you finally see his true personality come back? No depth simply does not apply to Cloud Strife.
Lilly Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2018   #54
Nivaldia

Globally, he has scarce psychological definition: We do not know, although many many game hours if he likes football, internet or gardening: the result is not convincing as the other characters case.
Old 07/13/2018   #55
SoZettaSlow

He has ambitions and dreams and junk. He looked up to Sephiroth and wanted to be a big time hero so he let his hometown to do so. The only reason he doesn't have normal hobbies is because he got kidnapped by a sociopathic doctor who did creepy experiments to him. He has considerable character with what he goes through. I think you are confusing Cloud with Squall whom is the worst written protag in history.

I know I'm the worst boo,
But I can be cool too.
SoZettaSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lilly Pilly (07/14/2018)
Old 07/13/2018   #56
Minato

Nivaldia wrote: Globally, he has scarce psychological definition: We do not know, although many many game hours if he likes football, internet or gardening: the result is not convincing as the other characters case.
We know he likes snowboarding, chocoboracing, a lot of other minigames, we know he heroworshipped Sephiroth, he gets motionsickness when not behind the wheel of vehicle. He was very embarrassed to not make it in SOLDIER, but the day he initially got a Shinra uniform was the proudest day of his life.

FFVII is a big game, with Cloud as main character reacting to a lot of subjects.
Thanked by:
Lilly Pilly (07/14/2018)
Old 07/13/2018   #57
Nivaldia

Well Squall is a foreseable Emo evolution of Cloud
Old 07/13/2018   #58
Nivaldia

Minato wrote:
Nivaldia wrote: Globally, he has scarce psychological definition: We do not know, although many many game hours if he likes football, internet or gardening: the result is not convincing as the other characters case.
We know he likes snowboarding, chocoboracing, a lot of other minigames, we know he heroworshipped Sephiroth, he gets motionsickness when not behind the wheel of vehicle. He was very embarrassed to not make it in SOLDIER, but the day he initially got a Shinra uniform was the proudest day of his life.

FFVII is a big game, with Cloud as main character reacting to a lot of subjects.

Of course it's a merveillous game, because of its bigger story
Old 07/13/2018   #59
Minato

Nivaldia wrote:
Minato wrote:

Of course it's a merveillous game, because of its bigger story
It's a big story, but pretty focused on Cloud. We know what his was doing at 7, 14, 16, 20, 21. We get a stronger an impression of his life then any other adult character Square ever presented to us.
Thanked by:
Lilly Pilly (07/14/2018)
Old 07/13/2018   #60
Nivaldia

Well, in short, for me this game story seems more attractive than Cloud character, and its life is a complement to the general plot ..