The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 07/17/2018   #16
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

EDIT: 7/18

YouTube Video

EDIT: 7/19

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Russell (07/25/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/17/2018)
Old 07/20/2018   #17
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Minato (07/21/2018), Russell (07/25/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/21/2018)
Old 07/25/2018   #18
Russell

Interesting....

I liked Unbreakable (but i seem to remember it getting negative reviews?), haven't seen Split but heard good things. What's TLSF take on Split, is it worth watching ahead of Glass?

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (07/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (07/27/2018)
Old 07/25/2018   #19
Minato

Yeah, personally thought it was an even better movie then Unbreakable. I imagine it'll be crucial to understanding McAvoy and Taylor-Joy's characters.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Old 07/25/2018   #20
looneymoon

I enjoyed both in their own right. The connection between them is a twist reveal at the end of Split. Otherwise, you can totally watch either movie as their own standalone films. You're probably gonna watch both for Glass, I would think.

Split is interesting because it's a return to form for Shyamalan. It's comparable to all of his best movies for sure. I am not exactly the biggest fan of even his good movies, but I liked Split.

Unbreakable is cool. Definitely one of his better ones. I found Split more interesting/memorable though.

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Old 08/01/2018   #21
X-SOLDIER

Rewatched Unbreakable & watched Split over the weekend. Additionally, I'm quite curious (SPOILER) what sort of superpowers the girl is gonna be getting since she's in Glass, and given the "individual faced with difficulty develops powers" premise, it only seems right to follow up her story in some capacity during the next film, even if she is used as the twist ending.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/01/2018)