The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > RP Forum > RP Signups & Discussion

RP Signups & Discussion All discussion threads of Novice RP, Spam RP, ORPG, and URPG recruitment are found here. RPB challenges are also issued and discussed within.

Old 05/22/2010   #16
Forthejim

Coldman9 wrote: Hey, two questions.

1.) Can I update my template, I just wanna add another skill.

2.) Are we picking up where we left off or are we starting new?
You can always add skills if you get a new good idea, just make sure to fix the rest of your bio and let us know about it.

And also at Sarah Kerrigan:
Hard Goodbye: Jacqueline flings a small brick of plastic explosive at her target at a high speed, and using extreme reflexes, remotely detonates it in midair, near-literally teleporting away by channelling her implanted Speed materia.
This terribly confuses me... So she throws the explosive. Why does she need to use extreme reflexes to REMOTELY blow it up? You push a button O.O Also why does she need to teleport away? It was Remotely detonated.... Which means you could be far away since you threw it at high speeds. And why is it in the air if you threw it towards the opponent? Wouldn't you lob it up into mid air?
Old 05/22/2010   #17
V1215

@Sarah: Wow, I hadn't even noticed you added Materia and stuff until just now, lol.

@Slader: Just wanted to point out that I very much like the fact that we're starting mid-mission this time. =)
It's nice to stretch my legs a bit. Can't wait until the actual fighting starts!
Thanked by:
Slader (05/24/2010)
Old 05/22/2010   #18
Bex

@Have you ever tried to multitask before?
BTW it's extremely difficult to do a forward roll and focus on doing something at the same time, even if it is doing something as simple as pushing a button.
/drunk
And why is it in the air if you threw it towards the opponent? Wouldn't you lob it up into mid air?
Because when you throw stationary items generally they gain some form of gravity defying velocity.
So therefore they gain 'Air'.
Old 05/22/2010   #19
Coldman9

I just realized there's no edit button. Do I need to repost my template with the added skill?
Old 05/22/2010   #20
Tillentine

Deleting until further notice.

Last edited by Tillentine; 05/25/2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05/23/2010   #21
Hisako

Forthejim wrote: This terribly confuses me... So she throws the explosive. Why does she need to use extreme reflexes to REMOTELY blow it up? You push a button O.O Also why does she need to teleport away? It was Remotely detonated.... Which means you could be far away since you threw it at high speeds. And why is it in the air if you threw it towards the opponent? Wouldn't you lob it up into mid air?
Basically the premise is that she pegs it at the opponent at massive speeds and then detonates it before it hits the ground or the opponent.

So yes, bullet-time theatrics ;3

Yeah, I saw him using Time, and I was about to as well, but I stuck with Speed because in general it's just for enhancing her normal physical abilities to ninja-like reflexes and, well, speed.

The only time it's really being used is for the Skills. I've been playing a lot of Stranglehold lately, so I ended up with Bullet Ballet for kicks. That stuff is silly XD

RIP in peace old sig lolol 04/2015

Don't believe your eyes? Don't be surprised.

Old 05/23/2010   #22
Coldman9

Tillentine wrote: You need a certain number of posts to edit, which is rather inconvenient. Just post up your changes as a separate post, I'm sure everyone will read them, if not, their bad.

We started the RP by the way, feel free to jump in.
Yeah, that is inconvenient. But thanks.

Skill: Tundra: Shio uses his speed to quickly freeze the ground around his enemy and create a few ice slabs with his ice materia. He uses the ice on the ground to make his movements faster, pushing off the ice slabs to stop himself and change direction.

Weakness: If the ice slabs are destroyed then Shio loses his ability to stop and redirect himself, essecially making the frozen ground a disadvantage to him and his opponent.

And finally the RP is up, I've been waiting for that since I've joined.
Old 05/24/2010   #23
V1215

Well. I've officially revealed Duriel's fighting style for the time being. :3
Old 05/24/2010   #24
Hisako

Man it was supposed to be a stealth mission you ;-;

Old 05/24/2010   #25
V1215

Sarah Kerrigan wrote: Man it was supposed to be a stealth mission you ;-;
Damn, I guess Duriel didn't get the memo. XD

I want to keep him an ass for a little while. =P Major character changes are in store that will probably make him, er... less fun.
Old 05/24/2010   #26
Hisako

Hey, it's all good, man.

I mean someone's gotta get down to business sometime. I'll get something done by tonight, a tentative maybe.

Old 05/24/2010   #27
Forthejim

In the rp I blew through the next door by the way... But I can't edit posts so >> When the fuck can I anyway?!
Old 05/24/2010   #28
Hisako

After a number of posts,

Okay well since you guys pretty much wrapped up the first encounter, I'll put in a post where Jaqueline pops in from the darkness like a ninja. =w=

Also, the post won't be tonight because it's past midnight and I'm trying to break late-night sleeping habits. =(

Old 05/24/2010   #29
Tillentine

Deleting until further notice.

Last edited by Tillentine; 05/25/2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05/25/2010   #30
Coldman9

V1215 wrote: Damn, I guess Duriel didn't get the memo. XD

I want to keep him an ass for a little while. =P Major character changes are in store that will probably make him, er... less fun.
Is gonna get into a fight, cause if he is I Shio to fight him. Shio doesn't really like anyone and this seems like something that would make both of them go at each other with almost killing intent.