The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 10/03/2016   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default Voltron (Netflix Series)

So... has anyone else watched this? Because it's fucking excellent. If you have already seen it, there's a teaser for season 2 here that's got me really stoked.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (10/04/2016)
Old 10/03/2016   #2
Tennyo

I have been meaning to watch this but haven't gotten arou d to it. D:
Old 10/03/2016   #3
X-SOLDIER

You should totally get to it ASAP, Tenny. Pl0x. FGJ.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (10/04/2016)
Old 07/20/2017   #4
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
jazzflower92 (07/20/2017), The Twilight Mexican (07/21/2017)
Old 07/20/2017   #5
jazzflower92

X-SOLDIER wrote:
YouTube Video

X
Fanboys and fangirls we have the dark heartthrob, Lotor, back.
jazzflower92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (07/21/2017), X-SOLDIER (07/21/2017)
Old 07/21/2017   #6
Lucis Caelum

Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (08/07/2017), X-SOLDIER (07/21/2017)
Old 07/21/2017   #7
X-SOLDIER

I am totally ok with this.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/07/2017)
Old 08/01/2017   #8
Lucis Caelum

YouTube Video
Thanked by 3:
jazzflower92 (08/02/2017), The Twilight Mexican (08/07/2017), X-SOLDIER (08/02/2017)
Old 08/04/2017   #9
Lucis Caelum

Done watching season 3.
Overall my ranking of the seasons so far would be: S3>S2>S1

Will do a rewatch later tonight to have more flesh out thoughts about the season overall.
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (08/07/2017), X-SOLDIER (08/04/2017)
Old 09/19/2017   #10
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/05/2018)
Old 10/11/2017   #11
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/05/2018)
Old 06/05/2018   #12
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Reminder that this is still going consistently, and is still wonderful.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
CrashOuch (06/06/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/05/2018)
Old 06/06/2018   #13
CrashOuch

HOW HAVE I ONLY JUST SEEN THIS THREAD?!?!?! I am completely and utterly in love with this series and have been since way back in season 1 and I follow everything to do with way too closely and some might call it obsession but I saw this trailer earlier and screamed a tiny bit but I'm so sad cos I'm gonna be on a trip when s6 hits so I won't be able to watch it until the Sunday at the earliest so I'll have to stay wayyy clear of Tumblr. But. Omg. I reallyyyy hope what Lance says means there has been some good juicy Kuron shit go down by that point! Also WHO is Keith on that dangerous mission with?!?! My guess is that it's Axca and that maybe, maybe she and Keith share some blood AND YAY KEITH COMES HOME.
I am so ready for this next season holy hell.

CrashOuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (07/09/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/06/2018)
Old 07/07/2018   #14
Shademp

Just watched the 1-hour first episode of the Netflix series. Impressively fast-paced, cut-to-the-chase storytelling. There is something "innocent" and basic about the writing that makes me feel like I'm watching a show specifically aimed for kids and that'd be my biggest gripe from first impressions. I'm not sure if you need childhood nostalgia to enjoy Voltron wholeheartedly.

This Netflix series is my first real exposure to the animated world of Voltron. I knew of the toy(s) and that there are cartoons, but that's it. Ergo there is no hype and very few preconceived notions for me to base my impressions on. If there are neat modernizations of old characters happening in this Netflix show, then these are naturally flying over my head.

The second best part of it all was hearing FINN THE HUMAN outside of Adventure Time. Jeremy Shada brings a lot of his Adventure Time energy which is a great joy.

Overall I am impressed that the 1-hour episode was as good as it was, given how cheesy the whole package actually is. The show isn't afraid of its own cheesiness and that lack of shame definitely adds to its quality. However I am not sure whether to continue because I am left wondering if this show is really meant for a person like me who has no nostalgia for the franchise.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (07/09/2018)
Old 07/07/2018   #15
CrashOuch

If it helps, this series was the very very first time I'd ever heard of Voltron so I don't think that should hold you back at all. Also it gets pretty much progressively better after the first season if you can get through it. Personally, I say hang on in there and go for it cos it's pretty beautiful and they should be announcing the 7th season soon!

CrashOuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (07/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/09/2018)