The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Random History

Random History Random old stuff that wasn't good enough for the top level of the archive.

Old 07/21/2009   #6136
Cat Rage Room

Yeah, it's sort of refreshing not to see that for a change.
Old 07/21/2009   #6137
Cthulhu

AWWWW <3 MY BITOS
Thanked by:
I Am Not Me (07/21/2009)
Old 07/21/2009   #6138
I Am Not Me

Just because no one's leapt into the thread yelling 'AWWWW <3 MY BITOS' like a fucking spastic for a few hours doesn't mean its a dead thread.
Actually, it does.

DON'T BE SO MEAN MY BITO ILU <333333333333333333333333333333

AWWWW <3 MY BITOS
ALIVE THREAD IS ALIVE-BITO <3

Old 07/21/2009   #6139
Sheva Alomar

Spacetime entails a new concept of distance. Whereas distances in Euclidean spaces are entirely spatial and always positive, in special relativity, the concept of distance is quantified in terms of the space-time interval between two events, which occur in two locations at two times:

(spacetime interval),

where:
c is the speed of light,
Δt and Δr denote differences of the time and space coordinates, respectively, between the events.

(Note that the choice of signs for s2 above follows the Landau-Lifshitz spacelike convention. Other treatments reverse the sign of s2.)
Space-time intervals may be classified into three distinct types based on whether the temporal separation (c2Δt2) or the spatial separation (Δr2) of the two events is greater.
Certain types of worldlines (called geodesics of the spacetime) are the shortest paths between any two events, with distance being defined in terms of spacetime intervals. The concept of geodesics becomes critical in general relativity, since geodesic motion may be thought of as "pure motion" (inertial motion) in spacetime, that is, free from any external influences.
Old 07/21/2009   #6140
I Am Not Me

Yes.
Old 07/21/2009   #6141
Bex

If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is there to hear it... does it make a sound?
Old 07/21/2009   #6142
mentaz

I think I might have a little sunburn on my face...

Old 07/21/2009   #6143
Alex

Marian wrote: If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is there to hear it... does it make a sound?
Yes
Old 07/21/2009   #6144
I Am Not Me

I'm just wondering...

Why is this thread called a Cigar Club?
Old 07/21/2009   #6145
Sheva Alomar

Old 07/21/2009   #6146
Bex

MY BEST FRIEND'S DAD LOOKS JUST LIKE THAT.

mmm stephen
Old 07/21/2009   #6147
Alex

Thats how I see myself in 20 years tbh. Except my smoking jacket would be of a tasteful burgundy hue.
Old 07/21/2009   #6148
Sprites

The Notorious M.O.G wrote: Ugly people would be less inclined to pursue social activities. Some 'ugly' people would also have a harder time with certain social activities.
I know what you said about not all ugly people would be introverted and it doesn't mean all attractive people are extroverted but, what exactly makes you think that 'ugly' people would be less inclined to persue social activities? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious as to why you have this opinion.
Old 07/22/2009   #6149
I Am Not Me

Ugly people would be less inclined to pursue social activities. Some 'ugly' people would also have a harder time with certain social activities.
I'm also curious. How ugly is "ugly"? I would think there isn't a scale present that can measure ugliness. There can't be a proper correlation thinger if the variable "ugliness" is immeasurable.

What I understand from the various definitions of introversion is that it seems like introverts don't necessarily have a harder time participating in social activities, it's just that they don't want to invest their time in social activities, as opposed to extroverts who enjoy the presence of people. Some say that introversion is also a predisposed personality trait. Introverts just tend to focus on themselves more than others, but this doesn't necessarily mean they have low self-esteem because of a physical factor...

Maybe what you should be asking is if there's a correlation between "ugliness" and "being a loner"?

I took an online test that told me I'm an introvert, but I always viewed myself as an extrovert. I love people and I don't have time to waste on internalizing things about myself.

LOL @ ME IDK WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
Old 07/22/2009   #6150
Cat Rage Room

Monochrome Delirious wrote: I know what you said about not all ugly people would be introverted and it doesn't mean all attractive people are extroverted but, what exactly makes you think that 'ugly' people would be less inclined to persue social activities? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious as to why you have this opinion.
If someone feels they're not aesthetically pleasing, that might make them less inclined to do things such as talk with members of the opposite sex, hang around people, etc etc.

I'm also curious. How ugly is "ugly"? I would think there isn't a scale present that can measure ugliness. There can't be a proper correlation thinger if the variable "ugliness" is immeasurable.
The majority of standard, general perceptions of beauty.

What I understand from the various definitions of introversion is that it seems like introverts don't necessarily have a harder time participating in social activities, it's just that they don't want to invest their time in social activities, as opposed to extroverts who enjoy the presence of people. Some say that introversion is also a predisposed personality trait. Introverts just tend to focus on themselves more than others, but this doesn't necessarily mean they have low self-esteem because of a physical factor...
Of course, there is a difference between true introversion, which is perfectly normal, and artificial introversion, because you're too afraid of social interaction.