The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 07/05/2017   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default FLCL

So, the trailer for FLCL 2 & 3 dropped over the weekend.

YouTube Video

Despite knowing about and having watched the original and understood some of the in-humour, I never really got into or loved the show at all. It wasn't until I was browsing through the comments section on this trailer that I stumbled upon this video talking about it in more detail that I got a better objective appreciation of what it was.

YouTube Video

It'll be interesting to see what happens with it given all of that.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Animexcel (07/06/2017), Charles Xavier (04/30/2018), Ghost X (07/06/2017), SeaDragon (07/06/2017), The Twilight Mexican (07/06/2017), Theozilla (07/20/2017)
Old 07/06/2017   #2
Mr. Ite

Omg.

Haven't they messed me up enough!?
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
SeaDragon (07/06/2017), The Twilight Mexican (07/06/2017), X-SOLDIER (07/06/2017)
Old 07/19/2017   #3
Lucis Caelum

Didn't know there was a FLCL thead, here is old news from two weeks ago.
Staff members revealed.

For anyone that's fan of FLCL specific style you might want to temper your expectations a bit as both FLCL 2 & FLCL3 will have Katsuyuki Motohiro as director and Hideto Iwai as script writer. The former specialize in live-action features about crime/detective & serious stories and only whose only experience directing animated features are Psycho-Pass, Psycho-Pass the movie and Atom: The Begining, the later is a new comer to the industry (scriptwriting for FLCL 2 & FLCL 3 will be his first ever credicted role to date)
Kazuya Tsurumaki (Series Director of the original FLCL) will return as supervisor for FLCL 2 & FLCL 3 though, so who knows what will happen.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
SeaDragon (07/19/2017), X-SOLDIER (07/19/2017)
Old 03/20/2018   #4
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2018   #5
HylianMogget

I don't know, I can't get past how this mostly just feels like a cash grab - it's a bit too self-referential and riffs too much on nostalgia for me. I feel like I might be more excited about this if it was more of a spiritual successor, like how different Diebuster is from Gunbuster, rather than trying to directly follow up the original. I realize the previews are probably aiming to play up the nostalgia, but you can't capture the craziness of FLCL by mimicking what it already did, so I hope there's stuff that feels fresher in these sequels.
Old 04/30/2018   #6
Lucis Caelum

YouTube Video
Thanked by:
Theozilla (04/30/2018)
Old 06/04/2018   #7
Lucis Caelum

FLCL Progressive premiered two days ago (dubbed), if anyone is interested.
Thanked by 3:
solo player sab (06/05/2018), Theozilla (06/05/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/04/2018)
Old 06/05/2018   #8
Theozilla

Lucis Caelum wrote: FLCL Progressive premiered two days ago (dubbed), if anyone is interested.
It’s also available to stream legally on Adultswim’s website I believe.
solo player sab (06/05/2018)
Old 06/05/2018   #9
solo player sab

I'm just excited to hear The Pillows again tbh heheheh
solo player sab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2018   #10
Lucis Caelum

YouTube Video