The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > FFVII Online: Midgar 3.0

FFVII Online: Midgar 3.0 Discussion forum for the Midgar 3.0 Mod hosted at FFVIIOnline.net

Old 12/02/2010   #1
kuro
Default FFVII: Midgar v3.0 (Fan-Game Mod)

Final Fantasy VII: Midgar v3.0 (a total conversion mod for Star Wars Jedi Knight)

it's awesome! 3rd person action game, with almost all of Midgar fully re-created, explorable, with mini-quests, supports single and multiplayer gameplay, best of all you can play as CLOUD, TIFA, YUFI, THE TURKS, and even SEPHIROTH!! O and let me not forget to mention all the Weapons are also included! from the Original Buster Sword to Advent Children Style Weapons!

This has been out for atleast 3-4 years now! Doesn't seem like it has gotten a whole lot of publicity, so i added it to my FFVII fan-game site. http://www.ff7online.net

i'm also hosting a dedicated server for this game / mod, and hoping to build a gaming community for it!

so come check out the details, download the mod, and join the fun!

check it out! http://www.ff7online.net

Last edited by kuro; 12/03/2010 at 04:33 AM.
kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Dana Scully (12/02/2010), Dashell (12/02/2010), looneymoon (12/03/2010), Raidou (12/02/2010), Shademp (12/02/2010), Tennyo (12/09/2010), X-SOLDIER (12/02/2010)
Old 12/02/2010   #2
Shademp

Many of the snapshots feel like something taken out of a beta-version of an FFVII remake. A pleasant sight for the eyes.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010   #3
Dana Scully

Woah, that's a pretty sick mod. I lold at the part in the trailer where Cloud and Seph drive into each other and the bikes explode while Cloud does a dramatic death flop.

Dana Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010   #4
Dashell

haha that's awesome! Yuffie's looking good then again she always does.
Dashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010   #5
kuro

YACCBS wrote: Woah, that's a pretty sick mod. I lold at the part in the trailer where Cloud and Seph drive into each other and the bikes explode while Cloud does a dramatic death flop.
LMAO ya!!!
Old 12/02/2010   #6
Max Payne

Oh hay, I remember this mod, I didn't know it was still going
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010   #7
kuro

If anyone is interested... i'm look for someone to help me promote my Midgar v3.0 Dedicated Server, and seeking one additional admin for the server!

as admin, basically you get to kick people out lol! and also just monitor the server stability, if it crashes you would have access to restart it from a web console at artofwarcentral.com

there is payment of any sort for this role... just all for the love of FFVII and being part of building a gaming community for this mod. i'm actually paying for the server, just $9 a month for 10 slots, not bad... i will increase it as the user base increases and add a donatate link on the website or something

let me know.. = )
Old 12/02/2010   #8
kuro

TYPO *there is NO payment of any sort for this role.
Old 12/02/2010   #9
X-SOLDIER

Looks REALLY neat.

I actually think I'll try to grab a copy of Jedi Academy in the upcoming weeks and check it out. You guys need a Zack character model though.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010   #10
kuro

I think there may be a Zack Model... I'll look into it... ; )
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (12/02/2010)
Old 12/02/2010   #11
kuro

X-SOLDIER wrote: Looks REALLY neat.

I actually think I'll try to grab a copy of Jedi Academy in the upcoming weeks and check it out. You guys need a Zack character model though.

X
BOOOO!!! SORRY FOR THE BAD NEWS!! but... there is no ZACK Model.... = (

i'm sure someone from the Star Ware Jedi Knight Mod Community could be hired to create a Model... just i don't think i have the cash to invest in that one!

If you do, let me know and i'm pretty sure I could find someone to create a model for you, then I will include him in this Mod... I don't think it would take long as their are multiple cloud models available that someone could use as reference to remodel a Zack.
Old 12/02/2010   #12
X-SOLDIER

Do you have contact with anyone who created the mod that I might be able to chat with about a few things?

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Old 12/02/2010   #13
kuro

No I tried to find his contact info, sent emails to email address that i found, but no luck just got bounce backs. He has a website, but strangely enough there is not way to contact him there as well... strange!

im sure i can find someone in the mod community to get it done for a price... i'm sure maybe anywhere between $50 - $100 at most would get us a Zack Model! Let me know and i'll try to get someone for hire.
Old 12/02/2010   #14
X-SOLDIER

I'm sure if we get in contact with him, it would be pretty simple to get it up on ModDB, or somewhere, and get some folks interested in it who could just make the models. The big thing about the modding community is that you have to stay AWAY from making any money on anything that involves someone else's Intellectual Property.

Even in the case of Project Revolution, making StarCraft BroodWar out WarCraft 3, where both were owned by Blizzard managed to coast by, though it was eventually abandoned due to restrictions in the WC3 software. I did a lot of PR and spread word around for the for a good long time back when it was active.

Either way, if we get any significant sort of activity on this Mod & your server, I don't think that it's TOO inconceivable to suspect that someone who would be able to make modifications would come along.

We'll see where things go in the next little bit.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 12/02/2010   #15
kuro

cool! =) ya great idea...

i just left a message on the Blog Site of the Creator of this Mod, hopefully he gets back to me.

if not, do you think we would be able to still upload it to ModDB as long as we give credit?