The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 02/12/2018   #31
X-SOLDIER

The Twilight Mexican wrote:
X-SOLDIER wrote: tl;dr — Venom is always better the less you focus on Spider-Man and the more give him room to breathe and be his own hero, and that's exactly what the stories they're using do, because it can be a successful without being an origin story.
I think we're using "successful" and "work" differently. I'm saying this movie will surprise the hell out of me if it's successful in the way that sees it get a sequel. It could be great; I just don't think it's going to have the draw they want, especially if that trailer is the best they can do to market the thing.

We'll see, though, and hopefully I'm wrong.
This makes a lot of sense.

I'm still gonna hold out for the proper trailer when we see the content along with the VFX shots to see how it REALLY lands with people. (Until then we've just got the stand in physical prop for his partial transformation)

I like the BASIC premise that they both feel a bit jaded by Spider-Man at first, but everything's better once it moves past all that. The current Venom comic about Eddie & the Symbiote's relationship has been REALLY fucking awesome. spoiler for the ongoing comic just because it's a good opportunity for me to rant about it They treat the two reuniting like a toxic relationship where they both really love each other, and slowly dig into the specifics of it, and what both of them have done since their "breakup" especially because the Symbiote got briefly bonded with someone who used it to murder a bunch of people after it got separated from Flash, and had it in a bad way. They've been managing a delicate balance of how they shape one another for good and worse, and it's been super solid.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/13/2018)
Old 02/16/2018   #32
X-SOLDIER

A couple other little things that I stumbled onto about the film. The location filming wrapped on Jan 27th (another reason that the trailer is likely still in the phase of just using their raw shots) and also, Andy Serkis seems to've let it in that Venom was done with Tom Hardy doing performance capture which seems logical but also makes sense as why we'd see NONE of those shots this early on.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/17/2018)
Old 03/23/2018   #33
X-SOLDIER

Tom Hardy indirectly addressing recent rumors that the full-suit version of Venom wouldn't be seen until the end of the film: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgrNFLAhtX-/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (03/23/2018), The Twilight Mexican (03/23/2018)
Old 03/24/2018   #34
Cthulhu

What're they going to fill the rest of the film with then? Comic relief?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2018   #35
X-SOLDIER

Looks like Marvel might be setting up some things to help attempt to tie in their comic sales with the movie release. Apart from the "Venomized" event that's currently going on (which I'm gonna be thoroughly enjoying), the Venom comic #164 just started off a brand new arc called, "The Nativity". In the first issue, we get flashbacks to the other Symbiotes from Lethal Protector, as well as Carnage, a paramilitary organization capturing Eddie Brock, and foreshadowing about the Venom Symbiote spawning.

From what we know of the film, that all seems to be close to in-line with the general plot points it's drawing from. If that IS the case, it'll be neat to treat this as a loose preview of the film, but also interesting to see a move like this, since Marvel doesn't own the Venom film, but it looks like they're doing their part to get some comic and film cross-pollination going on, which is really good for fans looking to dive in on comics after seeing a film, which the rest of the MCU titles have had a bit of a rough time with, since the films and comics are so different.

Either way, Venom is still in my regular reading schedule, and given that we'll have probably 6-7 issues of this arc by the time the film releases, I'd bet that these things are related, but I'll keep posting about it here if that's the case. I can also spoiler tag if necessary.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (04/05/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/06/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #36
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

I am excite.

Also, the trailer says, "In assocation with Marvel Entertainment" which makes me feel like this has the potential to be MCU-adjacent. It isn't Marvel Studios like Spider-Man Homecoming, but it feels like this is where the R-rated land sits.

New poster: https://twitter.com/VenomMovie/statu...27612229558272

It feels like they made this trailer to push back the naysayers, and likely drop with Infinity War, while still holding some developments back.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 6:
Dark and Divine (04/24/2018), Ghost X (04/24/2018), Keveh Kins (04/24/2018), Shademp (04/24/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/24/2018), Theozilla (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #37
Shademp

Okay now I am definitely on board with this movie.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (04/24/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #38
Tetsujin

That looks like Venom alright.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (04/24/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #39
Ghost X

Still a no from me .

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #40
X-SOLDIER

I really love the voice, and was surprised that Tom Hardy does Venom's as well. I think that we're still likely to see some polish on the effects between now and the final film, but they've REALLY got down the bigger things I was hoping for. The way the suit folds over his face is RIGHT out of the comics.

The way that the presence of the Symbiote is functionally invisible until it lashes out is really neat, if a little bit Prototype-y. They're doing a pretty solid job of giving him webbing without JUST making it a Spider-Man emulation, and the tendrils make the ultra-long tongue feel more like something that works than just an odd aesthetic choice. It'll be interesting to see if they end up using the suit to make him invisible and bullet resistance at points, but it feels like we're just getting a small hint of the big picture.

Insofar as what the trailer has, the shots that we see all still feel pretty introductory, and that they're not giving away big moments of the film. Like in Lethal Protector – we've got the lab experimenting on people with Symbiotes, Eddie escaping, and the questioning of the nature of their relationship with one another. Yup. Totally pleased with where this looks to be taking things.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (04/24/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/24/2018), Theozilla (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #41
Keveh Kins

Dat voice.....mhhhhmmmm hmmmmm....just listen to that deep, dark molasses

Hire claustrophobics. On the whole,
they're better at thinking outside the box.
Keveh Kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Addy Carver (04/24/2018), Dark and Divine (04/24/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/24/2018), Theozilla (04/24/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #42
Addy Carver

I had a sex wee and I'm not a fan of Tom Hardy. Good actor but I can't see why so many lasses get moist over him.
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Addy Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (04/24/2018)
Old 04/24/2018   #43
The Twilight Mexican

Ehhh, this is still three quarters of a "no" for me.
Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (04/25/2018), Ghost X (04/25/2018)
Old 04/25/2018   #44
Interslicery

The ladies pronunciation of symbiote annoys me more than it should.

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Tetsujin (04/25/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/02/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/25/2018)
Old 04/25/2018   #45
X-SOLDIER

Interslicery wrote: The ladies pronunciation of symbiote annoys me more than it should.
I am also bothered that that is a valid pronunciation because it sounds so clunky.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Tetsujin (04/25/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/02/2018)