The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Tactics All of the Final Fantasy-based tactical role-playing games.

Old 07/14/2009   #136
Strangelove

I was under the impression that Auto-Potion would only use the ones you have the ability for, but now I'm definitely tempted to learn it
Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/2009   #137
Frostwave

DO IT.
Frostwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/2009   #138
Omega

This thread needs less FFXII and moar FFT, imo.

Also, Chemist job class SUCKS. But at least it's better than Archer =/
Old 07/15/2009   #139
ForceStealer

Auto-potion still makes chemist worth it And they can use guns, which was a big deal before Balthier was put into the game.

yeah, Archer's only good very briefly in the beginning of the game. I love me some Dragoons myself, but I always love dragoons.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2009   #140
Madame Mayor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Defenders

What the hell? Why does this exist other than obviously for just me and why did no one tell me?!?

Seriously, I love tower defence games, and I love FFTA2.
Madame Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (09/01/2010)
Old 07/17/2009   #141
Omega

Eh. The guns don't really make up for it, imo. And Auto-Potion is teh suck, really. Math Skill is the ultimate power in the game, tbh. It does everything that you could possibly want =/

Archers were useful in FFTA, though, but only the second version that the Viera give you (Assassin or Sharpshooter, I think?).
Old 07/17/2009   #142
Madame Mayor

Sharpshooters were amazing and Assassins could be your best unit if I'm remembering correctly. With the right moves, some Ultima thing, you could be shooting almost anywhere on the board and hitting 200+ damage. It would drain your MP though... and then in the next game you have Vieras with moves like "Blood Price?" where it uses HP rather than MP... they were awesome. I'm pretty sure I had two Assassins and one Summoner/White Mage.
Old 07/17/2009   #143
Omega

No FUCKING way.

They brought back the old Darkness ability?

Whoa. Maybe I should get FFTA2...
Old 07/17/2009   #144
Strangelove

Balthea wrote: Sharpshooters were amazing and Assassins could be your best unit if I'm remembering correctly. With the right moves, some Ultima thing, you could be shooting almost anywhere on the board and hitting 200+ damage. It would drain your MP though... and then in the next game you have Vieras with moves like "Blood Price?" where it uses HP rather than MP... they were awesome. I'm pretty sure I had two Assassins and one Summoner/White Mage.
I'm now also tempted to try to make my Viera in FFTA2 an Assassin, which I just got
Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2009   #145
Madame Mayor

Here's how to have an awesome Viera *pulls out the ole strategy guide cause I forget the details of how to get what job*

Get your Viera to be a Red Mage (one fencer and one white mage), then learn two Red Mage moves to get Spellblade. The Buster Sword is what teaches you Blood Price, HP rather than MP. To get Assassins you need to start with two white mage abilities to get elementalist, and then learn two elementalist. You'll also need two archer abilities, and then one sniper ability. The weapon with Ultima Masher is Zanmato. Learn it, equip her with the best bow you can find, and you have an amazing attack with huge range.

It seems like a lot but SO totally worth it. You'll be attacking with Ultima Masher every turn, except for the few you need to heal. Having her have either good summoning healing magic or just some white magic helps the HP she's loosing. The Fencer reaction ability Reflex (dodge all non-ranged attacks) is helpful for keeping her a bit more safe, or Regenerate (cast Regen after taking damage).
Old 07/21/2009   #146
Masamune

Oh, if I have one real criticism of FFXII, it was the shameful lack of Blue Magic in the game. The enemies have enough funky spells, you'd think they could easily include it as a complement. However, it wasn't to be...
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2009   #147
Makoeyes987

At least we got blue mages in FF Tactics Advance 2
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2009   #148
Omega

Mako Eyes wrote: At least we got blue mages in FF Tactics Advance
Fix'd.

l2ivalice mako

Original Tactics is still the awesomest.
Old 04/02/2010   #149
Wiegraf

Final Fantasy Tactics will always be one of my favorite games of all time. Its amazing. Story wise it has a wonderful main character. Music, It is one of the best square has ever done, and it sports the greatest port in existence.

"There must be strong, unwavering justice. And there must be fear to enforce that justice."
-Romeo Guildenstern, Vagrant Story

What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day. Only with power can dreams be made real! I see the truth of it now.
-Wiegraf

Wiegraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (09/01/2010)
Old 06/06/2011   #150
Russell

I assume this is the right thread for a general Final Fantasy Tactics discussion? Had this game for PSP for a while now but I never completed it, I remember getting stuck and giving up. I now know that this game requires quite a bit of grind.

So early days for me at the moment, I've just completed the Squire job for Rasma, what should he be next, Chemist or Knight?

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote