The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 08/19/2016   #751
Tennyo

what???
Old 08/19/2016   #752
Chloe Frazer

She's getting a race lift?......

OMG HOW DARE THEY? THEY'RE RUINING THE CHARACTER AND THE COMICS AND THE MOVIE AND THE MCU AND DCEU AND THE NBA WHILE WE'RE AT IT. EVERYTHING IS RUINED!!!!!!

Not sure how to feel about her playing Mary-Jane, the only I've seen her in is an episode of Blackish. Or about her being put with Peter in high school again.
Old 08/19/2016   #753
Tennyo

Well I wouldn't go that far, Carlie.

Idk I thought I remember them saying we wouldn't be getting MJ this early. I was kind of hoping she'd be Liz Allen.
Old 08/19/2016   #754
Chloe Frazer

Another girl called Laura Harrier is playing Liz and is gonna be Peter's LI. So either Liz is only going to be the LI for the beginning and the we move to Mary-Jane. Or they're going for developing Peter and Mary-Jane as friends first.
Old 08/19/2016   #755
Tennyo

Ah okay, I missed that part.

I hope they do just friends at first. I think doing something with Liz first would be fun and a spectacular train wreck
Old 08/19/2016   #756
Tetsujin

This is not officially confirmed by the way and earlier it was said her character was named Michelle so I guess that article has to be taken with the usual grains of salt
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/20/2016)
Old 08/19/2016   #757
Tennyo

Yeah but

Michelle

Mary Jane

There was no Michelle character in the comics from what I can remember.
Old 08/19/2016   #758
vaderSW1

Chloe Frazer wrote: She's getting a race lift?......

OMG HOW DARE THEY? THEY'RE RUINING THE CHARACTER AND THE COMICS AND THE MOVIE AND THE MCU AND DCEU AND THE NBA WHILE WE'RE AT IT. EVERYTHING IS RUINED!!!!!!

Not sure how to feel about her playing Mary-Jane, the only I've seen her in is an episode of Blackish. Or about her being put with Peter in high school again.
Let epic internet comic fan boy/girl meltdown commence!
vaderSW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ami (08/20/2016), The Twilight Mexican (08/20/2016)
Old 08/20/2016   #759
The Twilight Mexican

Elena Fisher wrote: Idk I thought I remember them saying we wouldn't be getting MJ this early. I was kind of hoping she'd be Liz Allen.
Did you just wish a race lift on Liz Allan instead?? And a downgrade at that?!
Old 08/20/2016   #760
Tennyo

O_O wha????

I just kind of didn't want any of the more well known love interests to be prominent in the first movie. :/
Old 08/20/2016   #761
The Twilight Mexican

I was being facetious.
Old 08/20/2016   #762
Tennyo

Whoa hold the presses, this is huge!

(SPOILER)

Silk a possibility?????

I still hate how she was shoehorned into Peter's origin story but her solo stuff is good.
Old 08/20/2016   #763
The Twilight Mexican

Just saw that myself. Not sure what to think since I'm not really a fan of that character (I haven't read her solo stuff, so maybe that redeems her introduction somehow).
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (08/20/2016)
Old 08/20/2016   #764
Tennyo

Her solo book is kind of cute. Or at least I thought it was. She can be a bit of an endearing character on her own.
Old 08/20/2016   #765
Tennyo

Positive Twitter reactions to Zendaya being MJ

The fact that we haven't heard any official statements to the contrary makes me think this is true. Plus she looks great with red hair, provided they give her red hair later. Who knows?

James Gunn says haters gonna hate stfu. But he also says he doesn't actually know anything.