The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Post-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Post-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content in Advent Children Complete, On the Way to a Smile, & Dirge of Cerberus detailing the 3 years since the conclusion of Final Fantasy VII.

Old 05/01/2009   #151
holdthesun

I'd be curious to know what exactly did Aerith say to Denzel when he picked up the phone. Wierd seeing it didn't confuse him despite the call being pretty random. Marlene didn't have any questions either... I guess it all has to make sense some how... maybe...

not
Old 05/01/2009   #152
wayfarer

didnt nomura say in an interview that they were gonna give Nanaki more lines?
wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2009   #153
Masamune

Fenrir/Cerberus wrote: didnt nomura say in an interview that they were gonna give Nanaki more lines?
That was from April Fools.

But Red XIII was going to appear with Vincent at the Forgotten City in the original AC, but they scrapped it.
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2009   #154
Arianna
Lightbulb

Masamune wrote: And from Kadaj's reaction, he had to be talking to Reno before Rufus.
I would guess Reno too; I can see him easily flying off the handle at Kadaj, at least over the phone.
Arianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2009   #155
megas_sephiroth

Arianna wrote: I would guess Reno too; I can see him easily flying off the handle at Kadaj, at least over the phone.
Yeah, Kadaj says "No need to shout.". Rude shouting in that situation just doesn't seem very likely...
megas_sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2009   #156
wayfarer

Masamune wrote: That was from April Fools.

But Red XIII was going to appear with Vincent at the Forgotten City in the original AC, but they scrapped it.
DAMMIT! Fooled again.
Old 05/01/2009   #157
OneWingedDemon

Someone prolly has bitched about this before, but I hate the fact Reno/Rude are made to look completely fuckin incompetent
OneWingedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2009   #158
Arianna
Exclamation

OneWingedDemon wrote: Someone prolly has bitched about this before, but I hate the fact Reno/Rude are made to look completely fuckin incompetent
I don't look at it as incompetence, but as different, and not so seriously taken - at least by Reno. They kind of fumble through their work, but it's done and they really did know what to do.
Arianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2009   #159
wayfarer

OneWingedDemon wrote: Someone prolly has bitched about this before, but I hate the fact Reno/Rude are made to look completely fuckin incompetent
I think the word you're looking for is arrogant.
Old 05/02/2009   #160
Max Payne

Both Masa and I have commented on it several times.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2009   #161
OneWingedDemon

Both Masa and I have commented on it several times
My memory is stellar

not so seriously taken - at least by Reno
If I hadn't played FFVII, they'd look like nothing more than idiots who always survive by sheer fuckin luck. Didn't seem like the Turks I remember. Joking is one thing, being ridiculously shoved by Cloud aside like an annoying kid is quite another. I mean really, Reno charged and then Cloud just opened the door and comically locked him outside? Seemed like something outta Looney Tunes

Meh, whatevs. I'm probably repeating so I'll shut up
OneWingedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2009   #162
Masamune

OneWingedDemon wrote: Meh, whatevs. I'm probably repeating so I'll shut up
It doesn't hurt to say it again.

Reno & Rude were pud monkeys. And just when you thought ACC addressed this annoyance (with the bazooka/helicopter scene), they end up with egg on their faces AGAIN. But it's kawaii to see Reno making a tit out of himself, so what can I say....
Old 05/04/2009   #163
Kamui

Hmm, echoing what everyone knows, more for Nanaki. After all he was quite talkative in the game. Though my crack theory is that Cait Sith wanted to steal all the lines so he put peanut butter on the roof of Nanaki's mouth while he was asleep and he didn't lick it all off until near the end of the movie.

Also from earlier, Tifa beating up Bahamut, she could have done a jump kick and knocked it somewhere.

And Reno and Rude as comic relief, my thoughts on this was that they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

One thing they could have changed, and I don't know for sure if this was stated earlier in this, was give Tseng and Elena more screen time. Someone's probably going to say that Tseng got all of the time made up from CC but seriously. I know that they got their asses kicked by the SHM but still... While I do appreciate the smidge longer they had, it didn't feel like enough.

This psycho chick just got into college! *party*

Last edited by Kamui; 05/04/2009 at 04:47 PM.
Kamui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2009   #164
megas_sephiroth

Masamune wrote: It doesn't hurt to say it again.

Reno & Rude were pud monkeys. And just when you thought ACC addressed this annoyance (with the bazooka/helicopter scene), they end up with egg on their faces AGAIN. But it's kawaii to see Reno making a tit out of himself, so what can I say....
SE did show a more serious side to them when they were discussing how a lot of ShinRa employees had come back to work...
megas_sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2009   #165
Masamune

megas_sephiroth wrote: SE did show a more serious side to them when they were discussing how a lot of ShinRa employees had come back to work...
That's true, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.