The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 12/18/2009   #1171
The Twilight Mexican

Oerba Dia Vanille wrote:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM vanille
The other chick might be even better.

By the way, guys, here's another stream. No password required right now:

http://www.justin.tv/hamatea

Can't tell how early in the game it is, but I think Hope just summoned Alexander for the first time when I turned the stream on a few minutes ago.
Old 12/18/2009   #1172
The Twilight Mexican

Anybody interested in seeing the opening, make you a Nico Nico Douga account and follow this link:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9116369

I have to say, I'm impressed. As expected, it throws you right into the action a la FFVII's opening, and it even features a train.

Could they throw any more FFVII parallels at us? The list is getting pretty long.

EDIT: Oh, and Lightning is just as badass as we could have hoped.
Old 12/18/2009   #1173
Mama Dragon

TresDias wrote: Could they throw any more FFVII parallels at us? The list is getting pretty long.

EDIT: Oh, and Lightning is just as badass as we could have hoped.
Such as (SPOILER) having a pretty boy evil guy who we think he's dead early in the game just to discover that he's somewhat alive in a larva state inside a crystal and that he plans to absorb all the power of the Lifestr-I mean, the Fal'Ciels to become the ultimate godly entity who destrys the world and reshapes it to his liking? It's not a real spoiler, just my guess (and I really hope I'm wrong)

Oh, and yay for badass Lightning!
Mama Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009   #1174
Strangelove

You bastards and your tempting links.

I still have just under a week/3~5 days to wait for it, assuming postal workers don't decide to strike again and ruin my Christmas.
Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (12/18/2009)
Old 12/18/2009   #1175
The Twilight Mexican

hitoncheir wrote: You bastards and your tempting links.

I still have just under a week/3~5 days to wait for it, assuming postal workers don't decide to strike again and ruin my Christmas.
I just pictured the Grinch Who Stole Christmas in a postal uniform.

Oh, and click the liiiinks. You know you want to.
Old 12/18/2009   #1176
Bex

I'M GOING TO CLICK THAT LINK AND THAT'S ALL I WILL CLICK IN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS
Old 12/18/2009   #1177
Tetsujin

Opening with train? Haven't clicked the link but I assume it's the same as the demo's opening...?
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009   #1178
Bex

Ok, well I can't understand moonscript so I cnan't register.
spoiler crisis averted
Old 12/18/2009   #1179
ForceStealer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ja...-fantasy/60136

There's the HD video of the pre-title screen intro for those of us who need somethign to see but are trying to avoid spoilers

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009   #1180
Strangelove

I don't want the pre-title screen spoiled either
Old 12/18/2009   #1181
The Twilight Mexican

hitoncheir wrote: I don't want the pre-title screen spoiled either
Spoiler alert! Nojima isn't the main scenario writer this time around!

Only credited for the concept, in fact. Daisuke Watanabe (co-scenario writer for FFX-2 and FFXII) is the main scenario writer, and it looks like Motomu Toriyama (scenario writer of Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King and My Life as a Darklord, as well as director of X-2, Revenant Wings and XIII itself) had a hand in it as well.

Oerba Dia Vanille wrote: Ok, well I can't understand moonscript so I cnan't register.
spoiler crisis averted
There are online tutorials on how to sign up if you search Google.
Old 12/18/2009   #1182
ForceStealer

I'll never understand why the credits are always in english in the japanese version...

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009   #1183
Makoeyes987

Because they know English gamers buy the game at launch and they feel the need to ensure everyone can read the creative talent involved?
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009   #1184
Strangelove

Opening credits = English
Ending credits = Japanese (and maybe English again next to the Japanese )

Scientific fact.

TresDias wrote: Spoiler alert! Nojima isn't the main scenario writer this time around!
Wut no wai.

I'm suing you for spoiling my gaming experience with your unwanted revelations.
Old 12/18/2009   #1185
Cthulhu

Spoiler: Everybody dies.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote